Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add
:: This space reserved for Ringman ::

grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
In the last 20 years DNA sequencing has sorted all this out. We are actually more closely related to [bleep] than [bleep] are to gorillas. Monkeys are more distant than any of the above. We used to think that the extinct Neanderthals were a wholly separate species but now it turns out that most Europeans have Neanderthal ancestors. The human/[bleep] split was about 7 million years ago.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Public radio just had a piece on this and said that humans share 96% of our DNA with c himpanzees, but that the European decedents share 97% with the Neanderthals.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Public Radio", liberal by any chance?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Windfall
Public radio just had a piece on this and said that humans share 96% of our DNA with c himpanzees, but that the European decedents share 97% with the Neanderthals.

Maybe I'm misreading but I think they meant 97% of Europeans have Neanderthal DNA. As I understand it, all European decendents have 1% to 4% Neanderthal DNA.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
That 1-4% shines awfully bright at times.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So, at some time in history an ape had a genetic advancement in its species progression and became a human.
Its dna defect resulted in a new form of animal. It was of one sex or another and couldnt reproduce. At the same time and in the same county whistle another exact same type genetic mutation occured and another same type animal was created which could only reproduce with its counterpart across the river.

They got to gether and viola- Adam and Eve. The rest is history.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, at some time in history an ape had a genetic advancement in its species progression and became a human.
Its dna defect resulted in a new form of animal. It was of one sex or another and couldnt reproduce. At the same time and in the same county whistle another exact same type genetic mutation occured and another same type animal was created which could only reproduce with its counterpart across the river.

Populations become isolated from other populations of the same species, and you get genetic drift for the entire population, not just one or two individuals, and this happens over hundreds of thousands of years. The unique environmental pressures determine the direction of the drift. Eventually, the two groups of the same species become sufficiently different as to (first) form a distinct subspecies (still capable, theoretically, of interbreeding). Then, given enough time apart, they become two distinct species, sufficiently dissimilar that a mating between them could not even theoretically produce fertile offspring. At that point, they are said to be (like donkeys and horses) two distinct (though closely related) species. Given more time apart, and no live young (fertile or not) can be preduced between the two populations that were once the same species (they become genetically isolated from one another). Should something bring them together again, one species may out-compete the other, causing the other to eventually disappear from the planet. Most species that have ever existed no longer exist.

PS That evolution occurs isn't a theory. That's a mere scientific observation (like the observation that massive objects attract one another), accepted universally by science. The theory relates to the mechanisms by which it occurs (like the theories of gravitation that explain why massive objects attract one another).

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I hear you. Not near as easy to believe as the cosmic zombie

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Big Bang theory, when has an explosion , caused things to be in order? Explain that. With out God

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Okay, we came from monkeys. Cool. But why do we still have monkeys and no middle man?

" Middle men"...if you want to call them that, exist in South Chicago...for one example, and they are trying to kill each other off as fast as possible...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish them complete success.

Darwin

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I wish them complete success.

Darwin

Yes. I applaud their efforts...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haha classic. Complete with y’alls “middle-men.”

Evolution is poorly understood;)

Last edited by huntinaz; 09/17/18.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by meddybemps
Evolution is the way God did it.

According to Genesis, God assigned the job to nature. It says that God commanded that the waters and the earth bring forth all the living creatures, and they did. That's what science says happened, too.

That is not quite right on either account at least as I see it. The next verse in the narrative after the one you are sorta quoting clearly states that God created the critters and told them to multiply AFTER THEIR KIND. The words "after their kind" is repeated several times. You have already stated that you believe that leaves the door open for the evolution theory because "after millions of years" of a species breeding after its kind it can develop into another species. That is fine if you choose to believe that but it can't be proven. It also cannot be disproven.

Evolution is theory not science. Science is about what can be observed, tested and repeated. We can argue for months about the boiling point of water. I can say its 80 degrees. You can say its 212. Neither of us will know until we get a container of water, a thermometer, and a heat source. Then it will be proven to be 212 and not 80 no matter how many times the experiment is repeated. Case closed. That is science.

Conversely, no one has observed nor documented evolution. A metric crap ton of theory and conjecture and a few out right lies have been put out to sell and support it. The simple fact is that no one has ever seen life reproduce except after its kind. Closest thing I can think of that comes close to violating this principle is interspecies hybrids. Man can under controlled circumstances create these. We can breed horses and donkeys and get a mule which is a really neat animal but almost all of them are sterile. I think also a similar situation exists with lions and tigers. Actual science can explain why this happens.....IIRC these similar animals have different numbers of chromosomes and that is why their offspring is not able to reproduce. Hmmmmmm?

Anyway lets get down to the nitty gritty. What is my beef? Well first of all it does not threaten my faith in the least. If it is ever proven to my satisfaction and taken from theory to fact, the obvious fall back position is "that's the way God did it"......which is what most "rational free thinkers" who have a problem with the hurricane in a junkyard creating a shiny new 2018 F-150 aspect of it, or perhaps are afraid of going to hell resort to. Belief in an infinite supreme being gives one a lot of mental latitude. Big bang? No problem, the big banger did it. Life developing over "millions of years".....no problem, the big guy was just taking his time.

So what IS the problem. The problem is that I can't help but notice that the theory of evolution started about the same time very likely by the same group of 19th century intellectuals that thought Marxism was a great idea. They sold it with lies about a pig tooth and a monkey skull put together with glue. I was taught about Nebraska man and Piltdown man as a child in the public screwel system. I was a grown man before I learned that they were hoaxes which really pissed me off. These great "discoveries" were printed on the front pages of all the papers of their times and put in all the school books. When the truth was discovered, it may have been noised about in academia but the papers put it in a one paragraph retraction on section d3 by the classifieds, and NatGeo sure as heck didn't do a special about it like they did when it first came out. Exactly like "fake news" today. It does not matter. Regular rank and file people do not keep up with this crap. A generation of kids believe in evolution based on the lies they were taught, have abandoned faith, and are open to Marxism which was the goal in the first place.

The same playbook is continued. Every so often a :"scientist" or "archaeologist" will show up in the news with a bone he found somewhere. He will tell you what he believes about it and very likely draw some pictures of some kind of human like critter that no one has ever or will ever see and explain how it fits into the big picture. Thus the concept is propagated without any actual proof. More theory which serves the purpose of keeping the idea in people's mind.....that is presented as fact. Rank and file people will read the article, say ain't that neat and forget about it, but they will believe, in a superficial way, in evolution. In other words, the customer base is maintained by continued sales.

If these clowns left it in the realm of theory it would be one thing and I would say nary a thing. But they present it as fact and get real pissy about it if you ask questions. Those of you who think "evolution is how God did it"......go ahead and share that with one of them. They will mock and ridicule you, even though their theory is no more provable or scientific than the creation narrative or the ancient alien theory......Gus, that is your cue buddy! laugh
You MUST believe their narrative, or else you get the ridicule business which is straight out of the Alinsky playbook. The possibility of a supreme being is not allowed because that throws a big ole monkey wrench in the agenda which is acceptance of an all powerful state.

What I find fascinating is that 99 percent of the folks on this board hate a damn commie. Flat out to the point of taking up arms. You want to keep your guns most of all, but also your money, freedom and constitutional republic. Yet some of the most stalwart of you will kneel and take the sacrament of their religion which is evolution as fact. What is the goal of the commies? Destruction of the old order, the culture of Western Civilization by any means. Religion, specifically the Christian religion, WAS a big part of that. Evolution has been the big weapon they have used to destroy that part of it.

Long post I know but I just want to make the point that all skepticism of evolution is not based on solely "being an evangelical" that no one can talk to but in my case moreso the people who are selling it and how they are selling it.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
homo sapiens are born killers. check it out. the closest competitors were annihilated. present day monkeys & humans probably did come from the same ancient ancestors.

but monkeys don't much compete with humans and live to tell about it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Whelenman
The Big Bang theory, when has an explosion , caused things to be in order? Explain that. With out God

Accepting science doesn't mean rejecting God, so your premise is invalid.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by meddybemps
Evolution is the way God did it.

According to Genesis, God assigned the job to nature. It says that God commanded that the waters and the earth bring forth all the living creatures, and they did. That's what science says happened, too.

That is not quite right on either account at least as I see it. The next verse in the narrative after the one you are sorta quoting clearly states that God created the critters and told them to multiply AFTER THEIR KIND.

It is both true that 1) God assigned the task of creating all living creatures to nature and 2) that God created all living creatures, since he created nature to which he assigned the task.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RJY66

Evolution is theory not science. Science is about what can be observed, tested and repeated.

So astronomy isn't within the realm of science either? Sure it is, because astronomers can generate theories about what they observe, generate predictions based on said theories, supported by what we know about chemistry and physics, and those theories and predictions can then be tested and potentially supported or disproved. Same with the theory of evolution. Theories and predictions about evolution are tested by further discovery in fields like paleontology and genetics.

For example, Darwin predicted, based on his theory, that a fossilized species would be discovered in a strata beneath which no modern bird fossils have ever been found, indicating an archaic bird species with differentiated finger bones. Within Darwin's life time, such a fossil was in fact discovered in strata just beneath the point where there were no modern bird fossils ever found. This is a prediction based on a theory supported by observation that was fulfilled by further discovery. That's science, and it happens all the time vis a vis evolution.

It's also science because it's subject to disproof by a discovery which contradicts it, such as the discovery of a horse fossil in Cretaceous strata. Such a discovery would entirely disprove the theory. So far, no evolution-theory-contradicting discovery has been found in undisturbed strata. Were evolution false, that would be a common discovery. Its not having been discovered further supports the theory, since consistent with the theory.

Being disprovable by further discovery places evolution theory firmly within the sphere of science.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Out of ignorance comes enlightenment it you but open your eyes.

Across the northland are many examples on lakes where rocks are sorted into extremely ordered beaches by nothing more than time, energy and gravity. These beaches may be a few hundred yards in length or much longer. the rocks can be sorted by size along that length in a very well ordered diminishing or increasing sizes depending on your perspective. Presumably since the lakes and rock shoreline did not exist prior to the last glaciation, that occurred in less than 10,000 years or so, and likely a very great deal less time. As little as 100 years demonstrably in many cases. That's a mere blink in the billions and billions of years that have been at work upon the universe.

These are examples of exactly what you question that are common around you!

Last edited by MILES58; 09/17/18.
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (2500HD, 007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,201
Posts18,466,042
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.