I thought black people were the middlemen

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hanco
I thought black people were the middlemen

LOL. I think I know this guy. Isn't that Tershawn?

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Okay, we came from monkeys. Cool. But why do we still have monkeys and no middle man?

I recall many years ago watching a news program telling about the rock from mars that impacted someplace, I believe, in Australia.

It had no postmark and we had never been to Mars.

The same folks also talk about this missing link you allude to.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnP
[Linked Image]

Listen here you goose, this is a thread about evolution and there is no reason for you to introduce Klingons into the mix.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by RickyD
Okay, we came from monkeys. Cool. But why do we still have monkeys and no middle man?

I recall many years ago watching a news program telling about the rock from mars that impacted someplace, I believe, in Australia.

It had no postmark and we had never been to Mars.

The same folks also talk about this missing link you allude to.

A number of rocks from Mars, kicked off by large objects impacting Mars, have been found on earth. Also rocks from the moon. How do we know they are from Mars? Because we have sent spacecraft to Mars which determined the ratios of isotopes in rocks there.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Uneducated people often claim we have not observed evolution. In fact we have. We have observed small variations. Large variations require millions of years, so the way to observe evolution is to note the differences and progression of fossils in rocks of different ages. We can age many rocks by radio isotope measurements.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Did you ever take even a nanosecond and consider that the most probable event in our evolution is that we evolved from a single species of primate, not monkeys as a whole? Did you ever stop to consider that the driving force behind that evolution was likely to have been a very poor adaptation of a species to it's environment, or a change in that environment placing great pressure upon that speciesthus driving the evolutionary change and the extinction of to original species simultaneously? That just might be one very good way to explain different primate species surviving and continuing to evolve and the evolution of a proto human species in parallel.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The trend in taxonomy is to retain the category, but add new categories to account for more recent speciation. For example, a dog is now scientifically termed canis lupus familiaris, giving credit for its derivation from wolves, both subcategories of canis, whereas in the past the dog was termed simply canis familiaris to distinguish it from canis lupus. So today, the scientific name implies that the dog is also a wolf, and is also a canine. You can go further and include in its name (before canine) carnivore. So our dogs are dogs, but also wolves, and also canines, and also carnivore, all at the same time.

Similarly, humans are apes, monkeys, and primates, in that order, since apes derived from monkeys (a species that any zoologist would classify as a monkey - Old World type - were it currently extant), and monkeys are a category of primate. This makes a human being a human, an ape, a monkey, and a primate, all at the same time. So you can both say that we evolved from monkeys and that we remain a type of monkey, just as we remain a type of ape, and a type of primate.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I do not doubt that evolution has occurred and is occurring.

I do doubt that any form of life is evolving into a higher plane of existence. Becoming more intelligent, bigger, stronger, or what-have-you.

The fossil record clearly shows that all of the animal families are becoming smaller, weaker, lesser versions of what they were in ages past.
I think this is evident in human history as well.

Believe what you will.
I believe in a Creator God.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
well there it is. the Naked Ape remains the apex killer species upon the urth.

our consciousness, body design, and technology allows us, homo sapiens, to reign supreme.

we are wired to kill, and also to reproduce. that combination of factors, along with technology accounts for much of our progress.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by meddybemps
Evolution is the way God did it.

According to Genesis, God assigned the job to nature. It says that God commanded that the waters and the earth bring forth all the living creatures, and they did. That's what science says happened, too.

That is not quite right on either account at least as I see it. The next verse in the narrative after the one you are sorta quoting clearly states that God created the critters and told them to multiply AFTER THEIR KIND. The words "after their kind" is repeated several times. You have already stated that you believe that leaves the door open for the evolution theory because "after millions of years" of a species breeding after its kind it can develop into another species. That is fine if you choose to believe that but it can't be proven. It also cannot be disproven.

Evolution is theory not science. Science is about what can be observed, tested and repeated. We can argue for months about the boiling point of water. I can say its 80 degrees. You can say its 212. Neither of us will know until we get a container of water, a thermometer, and a heat source. Then it will be proven to be 212 and not 80 no matter how many times the experiment is repeated. Case closed. That is science.

Conversely, no one has observed nor documented evolution. A metric crap ton of theory and conjecture and a few out right lies have been put out to sell and support it. The simple fact is that no one has ever seen life reproduce except after its kind. Closest thing I can think of that comes close to violating this principle is interspecies hybrids. Man can under controlled circumstances create these. We can breed horses and donkeys and get a mule which is a really neat animal but almost all of them are sterile. I think also a similar situation exists with lions and tigers. Actual science can explain why this happens.....IIRC these similar animals have different numbers of chromosomes and that is why their offspring is not able to reproduce. Hmmmmmm?

Anyway lets get down to the nitty gritty. What is my beef? Well first of all it does not threaten my faith in the least. If it is ever proven to my satisfaction and taken from theory to fact, the obvious fall back position is "that's the way God did it"......which is what most "rational free thinkers" who have a problem with the hurricane in a junkyard creating a shiny new 2018 F-150 aspect of it, or perhaps are afraid of going to hell resort to. Belief in an infinite supreme being gives one a lot of mental latitude. Big bang? No problem, the big banger did it. Life developing over "millions of years".....no problem, the big guy was just taking his time.

So what IS the problem. The problem is that I can't help but notice that the theory of evolution started about the same time very likely by the same group of 19th century intellectuals that thought Marxism was a great idea. They sold it with lies about a pig tooth and a monkey skull put together with glue. I was taught about Nebraska man and Piltdown man as a child in the public screwel system. I was a grown man before I learned that they were hoaxes which really pissed me off. These great "discoveries" were printed on the front pages of all the papers of their times and put in all the school books. When the truth was discovered, it may have been noised about in academia but the papers put it in a one paragraph retraction on section d3 by the classifieds, and NatGeo sure as heck didn't do a special about it like they did when it first came out. Exactly like "fake news" today. It does not matter. Regular rank and file people do not keep up with this crap. A generation of kids believe in evolution based on the lies they were taught, have abandoned faith, and are open to Marxism which was the goal in the first place.

The same playbook is continued. Every so often a :"scientist" or "archaeologist" will show up in the news with a bone he found somewhere. He will tell you what he believes about it and very likely draw some pictures of some kind of human like critter that no one has ever or will ever see and explain how it fits into the big picture. Thus the concept is propagated without any actual proof. More theory which serves the purpose of keeping the idea in people's mind.....that is presented as fact. Rank and file people will read the article, say ain't that neat and forget about it, but they will believe, in a superficial way, in evolution. In other words, the customer base is maintained by continued sales.

If these clowns left it in the realm of theory it would be one thing and I would say nary a thing. But they present it as fact and get real pissy about it if you ask questions. Those of you who think "evolution is how God did it"......go ahead and share that with one of them. They will mock and ridicule you, even though their theory is no more provable or scientific than the creation narrative or the ancient alien theory......Gus, that is your cue buddy! laugh
You MUST believe their narrative, or else you get the ridicule business which is straight out of the Alinsky playbook. The possibility of a supreme being is not allowed because that throws a big ole monkey wrench in the agenda which is acceptance of an all powerful state.

What I find fascinating is that 99 percent of the folks on this board hate a damn commie. Flat out to the point of taking up arms. You want to keep your guns most of all, but also your money, freedom and constitutional republic. Yet some of the most stalwart of you will kneel and take the sacrament of their religion which is evolution as fact. What is the goal of the commies? Destruction of the old order, the culture of Western Civilization by any means. Religion, specifically the Christian religion, WAS a big part of that. Evolution has been the big weapon they have used to destroy that part of it.

Long post I know but I just want to make the point that all skepticism of evolution is not based on solely "being an evangelical" that no one can talk to but in my case moreso the people who are selling it and how they are selling it.

This really is an excellent post.

C.S. Lewis remarked that Darwin’s Theory might better be titled, “ The Decline of the Species “ since it went from larger to smaller and from more to fewer.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by johnw

I do doubt that any form of life is evolving into a higher plane of existence. Becoming more intelligent, bigger, stronger, or what-have-you.

The fossil record clearly shows that all of the animal families are becoming smaller, weaker, lesser versions of what they were in ages past.

Believe what you will.

As do I.

Many who accept the discoveries of modern science are also believers, and see no contradiction between evolution and a creator God.

Most believers in "Creationism" worldwide, however, are Muslims. Christians tend not to be "Creationists," even if they believe in creation.

PS A "Creationist" is someone who believes that each kind of living creature (species) was created from scratch by a sort of conjuring action on the part of God, and that living creatures are not related to one another across species. Genesis does not demand this interpretation in the least, although a pre-scientific primitive who reads it might well take that meaning from it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have seen "people" that could possibly be the missing link to which you have reference. I don't think you can deny evolution. We see it happening before our eyes in the form of survival of the fittest. We have to constantly develop new pesticides as the pests we are trying to control become resistant. I also don't deny God as the Creator of all life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We took their women.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Believe what you will.

This is ignorant BS.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by nighthawk

We took their women.

yes we did. right after we kilt the males. and evidently this behavior went on for some time.

humans are a very competitive species. it accounts for much of our success over the aeons.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Becoming more intelligent, bigger, stronger, or what-have-you."

The USA Grizzly bear and the much larger stronger Alaskan Brown bear have the exact same genetics. If you were to take one of our Grizzly bears to Alaska the Brown bears would kill it and eat it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58

Believe what you will.

This is ignorant BS.

This is a result of pure brain washing for at least a dozen years of government schooling.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.