D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
I won't buy the newer plastic gas cans, but keep an eye on Craiglist and Ebay and you'll find several old Eagle gas cans, many in near new condition. You can even get replacement parts for them online. I've bought at least 6 over the past 3 years.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a cheap plastic one with the crap spout. I simply punched a hole behind the handle for a vent. I stick a golf tee in the hole between uses.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beats the heck out of the plastic cans.

[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still have a dozen or so of the old Rubbermaid cans...best can ever ! ...I use to have more but 20yo gas cans is a good run imo...I worked in retail and heard they were going g to stop making them ,cause of California passed a law....so I grabbed them up !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I have a cheap plastic one with the crap spout. I simply punched a hole behind the handle for a vent. I stick a golf tee in the hole between uses.

Rocky, didn't you still have to remove the spout innards or did you replace the spout?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Metal cans don't work so well around salt water, so I use plastic.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ro1459
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I had to buy 3 of the new style gas cans that don't have the vent hole. What conversion kit do you guys use? I saw EZ Pour 10050 Replacement Spout Kit on Amazon. Is that what I need? Thanks

Cut off and toss all the government crap and buy these....https://www.ruralking.com/ez-pour-h...o_eHC3QIVizRpCh0xzw_nEAQYAiABEgIAWvD_BwE

They make replacement spout kits for most all plastic and metal cans. I buy the old pyramid cans at estate sales cheap and replace the broken or missing spouts and vent caps. You can't buy the old style pyramid cans because of some government busybodies, so I do the next best thing. Make sure you use a high quality wood paddle bit to cut the push-in vent hole in the thick part behind the top handle. Spiral bits don't cut as perfect hole, so it can leak..

This is what I use and they work great. One issue though, it pours fast. You do have to get used to it. Other than that they are great.

They are great when you know you will empty all the contents. I got this spout at Tractor Supply on a trip down to America.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't do anything but make a vent. The spout now doesn't "wait" for a reverse airflow and just acts like a spout.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Jonsered pro series, 55+ cc, oregon or carslile chain, full chisel, Husqvarna sharpener kit.

I know you didn't ask any of that, but I wanted to one up everyone that tellin you what gas can to buy when you clearly stated that you have 3 new cans and just want good spouts.

EZ pour for me. White spout for small fuel tanks like chainsaws etc, black spout for bigger tanks like riding lawn mower, UTV/ATV etc.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What does this have to do with the price of rice in China? BAHAHAHA.

I bought a EZ pour kit. If I like it I will get 2 more. Thanks.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What does this have to do with the price of rice in China? BAHAHAHA.

I bought a EZ pour kit. If I like it I will get 2 more. Thanks.

Right on.

I have several, like I said, I like the white spout for the fills that need to be more careful because it's a slower fill spout. The black spout I like for the tractor, riding mower etc. stuff where I know I can tip and empty a 5 gallon can without overfilling. Fast spout.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's an entire cottage industry built around the lawyer designed gas cans. Sad commentary on the state of our country today. Democrats would call all this "industry" progress.

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I had to buy 3 of the new style gas cans that don't have the vent hole. What conversion kit do you guys use? I saw EZ Pour 10050 Replacement Spout Kit on Amazon. Is that what I need? Thanks
I use these... : https://www.amazon.com/JSP-Manufact...85&sr=8-3&keywords=gas+can+vents

Only takes about 5 mns to install in 3-5 plastic cans...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With those EZ Pour kits, is there a way to store the nozzle inside the can so that it doesn't stick out in the way all the time?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Jonsered pro series, 55+ cc, oregon or carslile chain, full chisel, Husqvarna sharpener kit.

I know you didn't ask any of that, but I wanted to one up everyone that tellin you what gas can to buy when you clearly stated that you have 3 new cans and just want good spouts.

EZ pour for me. White spout for small fuel tanks like chainsaws etc, black spout for bigger tanks like riding lawn mower, UTV/ATV etc.

Dave,

I stand corrected (for the first time in a long while grin ) While I may have overlooked the OP statement about having purchased the cans with the crappy spouts my intentions were good. I should have suggested he gift them to a neighbor he wasn't fond of before I suggest he look at the link I posted for real gas cans, that actually pour when one wants them too. And after gifting, to purchase some good cans.

The spouts on the ones I posted pour quickly, sometimes too quickly, therefor my reasoning to purchase the smaller 5L cans. I use that one for fuel mix for the weedeater. It's a lot easier to control the pour of a gallon size than pouring out of the 5 gal size.

The EZ pour spouts I bought a few years back worked.........................for about a season and a half before the plastic started cracking and I had to buy new ones. I get tired of that crap, so I got metal, cans and spouts.

Those round Eagle safety cans are nice also, but they don't store as closely packed as rectangular ones. I used them frequently at work for years and they do hold up.

Regarding salt water.........yes, corrosive to metal cans, but the metal safety cans are used on some commercial vessels I've been on, kept dry and rinsed when exposed to the salt.

Thanks for the correction Dave.............................I need it every once in while. smile

Geno

PS, Are you interested in a 55 Powell pickup? I'll have pics up in another thread soon. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I bought a couple of these and have used them quite a bit to haul mower gas home. They work very well.

https://www.carrollstream.com/Gas-C...googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Dave,

I stand corrected (for the first time in a long while grin ) While I may have overlooked the OP statement about having purchased the cans with the crappy spouts my intentions were good. I should have suggested he gift them to a neighbor he wasn't fond of before I suggest he look at the link I posted for real gas cans, that actually pour when one wants them too. And after gifting, to purchase some good cans.

The spouts on the ones I posted pour quickly, sometimes too quickly, therefor my reasoning to purchase the smaller 5L cans. I use that one for fuel mix for the weedeater. It's a lot easier to control the pour of a gallon size than pouring out of the 5 gal size.

The EZ pour spouts I bought a few years back worked.........................for about a season and a half before the plastic started cracking and I had to buy new ones. I get tired of that crap, so I got metal, cans and spouts.

Those round Eagle safety cans are nice also, but they don't store as closely packed as rectangular ones. I used them frequently at work for years and they do hold up.

Regarding salt water.........yes, corrosive to metal cans, but the metal safety cans are used on some commercial vessels I've been on, kept dry and rinsed when exposed to the salt.

Thanks for the correction Dave.............................I need it every once in while. smile

Geno

PS, Are you interested in a 55 Powell pickup? I'll have pics up in another thread soon. wink

How much for the truck?

smile

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

I bought replacement parts from Amazon. Vent caps (20 for $10) and drilled 31/64" holes and replacement spouts (3 for $11). I like how they work now.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Try these, available on this site or others. I bought a set of 4 20 L (5 gal) , and also 2 10L (2.5 gal) , and 2 5L (1 gal) ones along with spouts and gaskets and couldn't be happier. Likely I'll never have to buy another gas can.............especially cheap s**t plastic ones.

https://deutscheoptik.com/5-liter-jerry-can.html

Good luck,

Geno

Those are nice Geno.

PS.....In case you forgot I have a birthday coming up in Dec..
A couple of 20's would cover my birthday and Christmas.

Just a suggestion mind you. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,875 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.