Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great idea !

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think we should just hold a military parade of all of our top secret weapons systems.....tell the rest of the world we're tired of all the schitt and we're gonna start killing every MF'r that pisses us off....With Trump in charge, it just might work...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MPGA! doesnt have the same ring to it. ?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Well if UPFAGGOT thinks it's bad, it has to be good

I notice that you seem to be fixated by the term "[bleep]". You continuously call people you disagree with that term. Is there something that you want to tell us? That closet is really small and dark...
PS--You've averaged 16 posts a day here for almost 16 years. You don't get out of your mother's basement too often, do you?

His mothers basement??? Really??? I've read a lot of clueless posts here on the fire, but this has to be one of the top 10....

Wrong!

It's in the top 4, Jeff Obama still carries 1, 2, and3.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think it's a great idea!

I like the poles they're some real tuff fuggers.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
History provides the pertinent lesson here. Poland is militarily indefensible. No natural barriers whatsoever.

Love the Poles. Fierce, proud, true. But their country is going to be the first one over run every single damn time there's a shooting war....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
US troops are already in Poland, and many other places throughout Europe.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been talked about for almost 10 years now. They were planning on a large training center in Poland, the Poles were going to furnish a bunch of land and the infrastructure from what I recall.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I vote nuke, North & South Korea first.
A military base in Poland is a great idea, more spies in Europe, more allies too.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gonna go (again) with Trump's rhetoric on this one.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
What kind of military base? If that's $2 billion US money, that gets a lot in Poland. I think Gdansk would make a nice place for a port of call along the Baltic.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Poland has long been our ally...I seen no negative with this. Even better would be to withdraw completely from places like Germany and Turkey in preference for countries who actually contribute something to their own defense and who don't hate our guts.

This exactly. Reward our true allies and snub our detractors. It's time for each NATO country to individually and publicly Chitt or get off the pot!

Yes^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by NYH1
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Poland has long been our ally...I seen no negative with this. Even better would be to withdraw completely from places like Germany and Turkey in preference for countries who actually contribute something to their own defense and who don't hate our guts.

I agree!

NYH1.

And Yes^^^^^^^

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Seems like we have enough bases.......maybe not?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fort Trump

[Linked Image]
President Donald Trump shakes hands with Polish President Andrzej Duda, during a
news conference in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Sept. 18, 2018.
(AP Photo/Susan Walsh) -- The Associated Press

Military.com 18 Sep 2018
By Richard Sisk

U.S. President Donald Trump and his Polish counterpart said Tuesday they are exploring setting up a permanent U.S. military base in Poland, which could be named "Fort Trump."

Poland has long sought to have the U.S. bolster its presence in Eastern Europe as a counter to Russia, and Polish President Andrzej Duda said at the White House that the base could be called "Fort Trump" if that would speed the process.

At a joint news conference with Duda, Trump said he is open to the idea if Poland comes up with the money to offset the cost. "Poland is willing to make a very major contribution to the United States to come in and have a presence in Poland. If they're willing to do that, it's something we will certainly talk about."

In his remarks, Duda said, "I would very much like to ask to set up a permanent American base in Poland, which we would call 'Fort Trump.' I firmly believe this is possible. I am convinced that such a decision lies in the Polish interest and in the interest of the United States."

Duda's praise of Trump is in line with Warsaw's stance on mutual defense, which has stood apart from other NATO member states in their sometimes contentious dealings with the U.S. administration.

France and Germany have at times responded in kind to Trump's harsh criticism of alliance members for failing to spend more on defense, but Polish officials, for the most part, have been consistent in their praise of Trump in an effort to get more U.S. support.

They are also well aware of Trump's proclivity for naming projects after himself.

Duda said that a "Fort Trump" and an increase in U.S. military presence in the region "is absolutely justified" as a deterrent to Russia, whose troops have been increasingly active on NATO's borders.

"I am convinced there is no more effective method of preventing a war than a decisive stance illustrating that we are ready at any moment to repel possible attack," Duda said.

Trump seemed to be particularly intrigued by the possibility of getting upwards of $2 billion in Polish funding for the proposal.

"Poland would be paying billions of dollars for a base," Trump said. "The [Polish] president offered us much more than $2 billion, so we're looking at it."

Since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, and followed that up with military support for separatists in eastern Ukraine, Poland has welcomed rotational U.S. and NATO deployments to Poland and the Baltic states, and pressed for more.

In the most recent deployment, the U.S. Air Force last month sent five F-22 Raptors and 40 airmen to Poland to take part in joint exercises aimed at deterring Russian air incursions.

At the White House, Trump and Duda did not go into what types of troops and assets might be deployed to a "Fort Trump" in Poland.

While Poland has been advocating for a permanent U.S. base on its territory, Moscow has been warning that it would respond aggressively to such a presence.

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges was an advocate for boosting the U.S. military presence while he served as commander of U.S. Army Europe, but he also cautioned that a permanent U.S. base in Poland had a downside.

"It would give Moscow an easy opportunity to claim that NATO is an aggressor and to somehow respond to protect Russian sovereignty," Hodges told Politico in June.

U.S. President Donald Trump and his Polish counterpart said Tuesday they are exploring setting up a permanent U.S. military base in Poland, which could be named "Fort Trump."

Poland has long sought to have the U.S. bolster its presence in Eastern Europe as a counter to Russia, and Polish President Andrzej Duda said at the White House that the base could be called "Fort Trump" if that would speed the process.

At a joint news conference with Duda, Trump said he is open to the idea if Poland comes up with the money to offset the cost. "Poland is willing to make a very major contribution to the United States to come in and have a presence in Poland. If they're willing to do that, it's something we will certainly talk about."

In his remarks, Duda said, "I would very much like to ask to set up a permanent American base in Poland, which we would call 'Fort Trump.' I firmly believe this is possible. I am convinced that such a decision lies in the Polish interest and in the interest of the United States."

Duda's praise of Trump is in line with Warsaw's stance on mutual defense, which has stood apart from other NATO member states in their sometimes contentious dealings with the U.S. administration.

France and Germany have at times responded in kind to Trump's harsh criticism of alliance members for failing to spend more on defense, but Polish officials, for the most part, have been consistent in their praise of Trump in an effort to get more U.S. support.

They are also well aware of Trump's proclivity for naming projects after himself.

Duda said that a "Fort Trump" and an increase in U.S. military presence in the region "is absolutely justified" as a deterrent to Russia, whose troops have been increasingly active on NATO's borders.

"I am convinced there is no more effective method of preventing a war than a decisive stance illustrating that we are ready at any moment to repel possible attack," Duda said.

Trump seemed to be particularly intrigued by the possibility of getting upwards of $2 billion in Polish funding for the proposal.

"Poland would be paying billions of dollars for a base," Trump said. "The [Polish] president offered us much more than $2 billion, so we're looking at it."

Since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, and followed that up with military support for separatists in eastern Ukraine, Poland has welcomed rotational U.S. and NATO deployments to Poland and the Baltic states, and pressed for more.

In the most recent deployment, the U.S. Air Force last month sent five F-22 Raptors and 40 airmen to Poland to take part in joint exercises aimed at deterring Russian air incursions.

At the White House, Trump and Duda did not go into what types of troops and assets might be deployed to a "Fort Trump" in Poland.

While Poland has been advocating for a permanent U.S. base on its territory, Moscow has been warning that it would respond aggressively to such a presence.

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges was an advocate for boosting the U.S. military presence while he served as commander of U.S. Army Europe, but he also cautioned that a permanent U.S. base in Poland had a downside.

"It would give Moscow an easy opportunity to claim that NATO is an aggressor and to somehow respond to protect Russian sovereignty," Hodges told Politico in June.[/img]

Military.com 18 Sep 2018 By Richard Sisk

"It would give Moscow an easy opportunity to claim that NATO is an aggressor and to somehow respond to protect Russian sovereignty," Hodges told Politico in June.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OrangeOkie - For some reason the text of your post was repeated multiple times making it appear like a long read.

I edited it down to a single instance hoping it might entice more to read it.

Here it is in Total. Shorter and much less imposing read - I hope.

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

"It would give Moscow an easy opportunity to claim that NATO is an aggressor and to somehow respond to protect Russian sovereignty," Hodges told Politico in June.[/img]

Military.com 18 Sep 2018 By Richard Sisk

Last edited by kenjs1; 09/20/18.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It was reported in the national newspapers here today that Poland is offering to pay for the base.

The Poles make very good allies.

Last edited by JSTUART; 09/20/18.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 1936M71, 69 invisible), 3,255 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,588
Posts18,454,274
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.