Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Tejano
That rifle is a keeper.. I would also consider a bead blast and then Melonite treatment of the barrel or the entire action. Only problem is you may never need a new barrel as long as you don't make any more home made proof loads.

Now, you would have to bring that up... blush

grin

DF

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I nominate WAM and PennDog as Pres, and VP of the 6.5 Creedmoor Whiner's Club, 24HCF Chapter.

You can tell who has actually waded through the hype and understood the qualities of the round, and those that haven't...

JG - thanks for the endorsement....always wanted to hold an office😄

Brad - what hype it’s all real world advantages😊.

Hey guys never said the round isn’t a good one....it is - I’m just saying it can’t do anything for ME that rifles I already own can’t do - the hype is just that though and the vast majority of people don’t even come close to understanding the advantages of the cartridge. Of course the members of this forum do not fit in the vast majority of people and do and can extract the advantages that this cartridge offers and more power to them - I’m just not one of them so I’ll keep using my 6.5X55 and 260s and keep getting the jobs done - that’s just me.

Sorry if I upset anyone - I wasn’t trying to make fun of their choice in cartridges....guess I just don’t understand all the fuss.

PennDog
President of the 6.5 Creedmoors Whiners Club (sorry WAM if you want to be President I’ll be VP)

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I nominate WAM and PennDog as Pres, and VP of the 6.5 Creedmoor Whiner's Club, 24HCF Chapter.

You can tell who has actually waded through the hype and understood the qualities of the round, and those that haven't...

JG - thanks for the endorsement....always wanted to hold an office😄

Brad - what hype it’s all real world advantages😊.

Hey guys never said the round isn’t a good one....it is - I’m just saying it can’t do anything for ME that rifles I already own can’t do - the hype is just that though and the vast majority of people don’t even come close to understanding the advantages of the cartridge. Of course the members of this forum do not fit in the vast majority of people and do and can extract the advantages that this cartridge offers and more power to them - I’m just not one of them so I’ll keep using my 6.5X55 and 260s and keep getting the jobs done - that’s just me.

Sorry if I upset anyone - I wasn’t trying to make fun of their choice in cartridges....guess I just don’t understand all the fuss.

PennDog
President of the 6.5 Creedmoors Whiners Club (sorry WAM if you want to be President I’ll be VP)

So you know the vast majority of owners?

I guess I don't understand why your type continues to give a fugg about something you say you don't give a fugg about. It's not about the cartridge, it's you gals that go to Kobe Bryant's room at 2am and leave surprised when you have a size 7 1/2 poop chute.

It's the best cartridge I've seen come from the factory in my lifetime. That doesn't translate into sell everything you have and buy one or 10.

PS: Do you still have an intact prostate?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Geez Steelhead what did I insult your girlfriend or what - not enough coffee this AM?

Why so personal in your attacks? - I was expressing an opinion....really sorry that it differed from yours (and it actually didn’t - it is a good cartridge never said it wasn’t - just said I have no use for it with the rifles and cartridges that I have now and that I get a kick out of people (not on this forum drinking the koolaid) hardly makes me right or wrong...it’s called an opinion).

Man chill BIG internet guy😄

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 09/19/18.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
This reminds me of my brother, who says his truck is better than my truck, mainly because it's his truck... grin

DF

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
This reminds me of my brother, who says his truck is better than my truck, mainly because it's his truck... grin

DF

My Truck is better than your brother's truck. Which makes it better than your truck.

Wait, this thread was about the Creedmoor right? I think it sucks because I've never owned or shot one yet, so, nobody buy one, cuz I says so!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

My Truck is better than your brother's truck. Which makes it better than your truck.

Wait, this thread was about the Creedmoor right? I think it sucks because I've never owned or shot one yet, so, nobody buy one, cuz I says so!

If you had a Creed, it would be better than mine... grin

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well....... THIS 70 FTWT 6.5X55 is BETTER than Y'all CreedS.

[Linked Image]

whistle wink

grin

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jwall

[Linked Image]

whistle wink

grin

My Swede's better than yo Swede... grin

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

R O F ! !

Well then........OUR Swedes are better than THEIR Creeds. whistle

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

[Linked Image]

whistle wink

grin

That is a beauty!.....hope I was allowed to say that??!!

PennDog

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
YES, you have my permission. smile

BUT I’m not a member of the C club. grin

Thanks anyway.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

R O F ! !

For sure.

But I gotta Creed, too.

Gets complicated.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You are Conflicted.......

Simplify life........Reduce Redundancy !!

grin

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
BUT I’m not a member of the C club. grin

Oh yes you are. Just not the Creedmoor Club laugh

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

R O F ! !

I'll take the Creed everyday over the Swede. Y'all can keep those x55's and the x57's too while we're at it. When I want a short action I want a short action.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just watched a 140 berger vld(these are limited production and apparently never to be made again) launched at 2,750 fps just flatten a big old black bear at over 400 yards. Kind of high and tight behind the shoulder and instant death. I don't care if swede, creed, 260, lapua, or 06, I kind of dig on the 6.5 stuff these days.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You are Conflicted.......

Simplify life........Reduce Redundancy !!

grin

You can't be a Loony and not be somewhat conflicted... wink

That "NEED" word keeps coming up, I'm conflicted over the definition... crazy

Now, what do you mean by "redundancy"? Another conflicted definition... cool

DF

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Steve,
The Creedmoor solves all those problems, with "affordable" factory rifles and ammo. If you don't get that, then you obviously don't have a grasp on the reality of modern rifle and ammo manufacturing.

But that isn't untypical of those who assume every hunter is a handloader, or even owns only custom rifles.

Indeed. For a lot of hunters, the availability of a wide range of factory Creedmoor ammo is attractive, compared with the 260 Rem - not to mention the much wider availability of factory rifles. Aside from little "modern" 6.5x55 ammo availability, it requires, at a minimum, an oddball "medium" action.

The Creedmoor is a home run, and looks to be one of the major military rounds going forward:
https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htweap/articles/20180601.aspx

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
[Linked Image]

Jerry,

My 6.5x55 beats your 6.5x55: FN Mauser commercial action, Gentry 3-position safety, Lilja 1-8 twist barrel, custom New Zealand walnut stock.

I also once owned a M70 like yours. Nice rifle, but it didn't shoot as accurately as a Ruger 77 Hawkeye, which also had a decent walnut stock. Neither shot nearly as well as my .260 Remington TIkka T3 Super Lite, one of the special run from Whittaker Guns with a 1-8 twist. And none of them shoot as well as my present Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. It's first 5-shot group at 100 yards measured .33 inch. I might just restock it in really nice walnut just to piss off 6.5 Creedmoor Antis. Then again, maybe not.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 43 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.