Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Hot teenage chick; why are you staring at my butt?

Me; just trying to figure out which phone you have in your back pocket.

Ya, right! 🤣

There should be a law against hot chicks putting cell phones in their back pocket.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quite interesting how a bunch of old fcks with thousands upon thousands of forum posts to their names can be so opinionated about teenage girls and their cell phone habits..

Lot's of positive aspects to kids and their phones these days too....

Their every move and action and damn near thought is documented, photographed or video archived.

Many if not most minor/adult related sex crimes are discovered due to stored phone data and/or social media.

Even with the negative aspects being quite annoying at times the list of positive aspects is endless and possibly out weighs the negative.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Best part is when they ask dumb schit you can just tell them to Ask Siri.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Peddler
I'm not gonna watch a show on my damn phone and go blind. That's what a TV is for. And if you're gonna text me for 5 minutes, fugking call me. After 3 texts, with no end in sight, I stop responding. I like texts for last minute change of plans kind of stuff, but not as a substitute for having a plan.

Haha

Mine is only for when I'm trapped somewhere. Still a 3"x6" screen. Aint too bad.

On the text thing. I got one bud, I'd rather text him vs talk to him on the phone. A couple of back and forths and he's done.

Otherwise, he likes to tell me about dumb stuff he's seen like a Lincoln town car with a trailer hitch hauling 4-1000 lb rolls of hay on an 18ft trailer. Like duuuuude!!!

Plus talking to him is exactly like having a conversation with Boomhauer from king of the hill. Jeeze!!! SMH lol

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by akasparky
Even with the negative aspects being quite annoying at times the list of positive aspects is endless and possibly out weighs the negative.

For my enlightenment, please explain what positive outweighs being killed, or killing others, in a car wreck because they were texting or talking on the phone. It's probably obvious to you but could you just humor an old fart, please?

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Quite interesting how a bunch of old fcks with thousands upon thousands of forum posts to their names can be so opinionated about teenage girls and their cell phone habits..

Lot's of positive aspects to kids and their phones these days too....

Their every move and action and damn near thought is documented, photographed or video archived.

Many if not most minor/adult related sex crimes are discovered due to stored phone data and/or social media.

I have Share My Location enabled with my kids and them with me. Also when they send me a message, it maps to me their location. They disabled it we got probs.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by T_O_M

For my enlightenment, please explain what positive outweighs being killed, or killing others, in a car wreck because they were texting or talking on the phone. It's probably obvious to you but could you just humor an old fart, please?

Tom

I'm guessing you could ask a similar question about guns. Methinks the phone ain't the problem.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey deflave,
A little off topic but this isn't your kid is it?
He's in south Florida and seems to have a come from huge pool of smart azzed genes, it just got me wonderin'

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Tom

What Steelhead said.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
This is no different than any other addictive behavior- learn how to control yourself. When my sister gets some text notification on her phone, she'll stop everything she's doing and walk clear across the house to go see what it is. And if anyone is talking to her, you might as well shut up because she's not hearing a thing you say until she sees that text. On the other hand, I put my smart phone in the drawer at work and it sits there unless I hear the phone ring. And most of the time, I let it go to voicemail and check it later. People that insist on sending me 20 texts learn quickly that they will not get the instant gratification they are seeking. I'll let them text me for 5 minutes, then I may check it and reply "ok" LOL.

ROFL! If you really want to light them up, after their 20 texts, txt back "who is this?"

IC B3

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Sunday morning I was putting the groceries in my trunk outside of the Nob Hill, in a car about three spaces over I can hear a guy inside of his car, with the windows up, just screaming at his wife.
After a bit, the car door flies open, and the guy gets out, just screaming into the car at his wife. Now I hear a young girl in the backseat, crying hysterically and shouting something at her dad, but I couldn't make it out. She must be begging this [bleep] to stop screaming at her mother! This guy was hot, he was screaming profanity, pointing into the car, just losing it.
I thought, well, this is none of my business, but if he starts punching on his wife, that is when I say enough! I felt terrible for the young girl in the backseat, thinking Mom and Dad need to cool it in front of the kid, and talk it out later. He slams the door, takes about five steps in my direction, then goes back and opens the door again, and screams F-You, I'm not paying $250, you can go F yourself. He walks past me and goes into the store.
About this time I convince myself he'll calm down in the store, so I close the trunk, get in the car and leave. As I drive by their car, I look over, and there is a young girl sitting in the backseat, with her legs out of the car, crying "I NEED A PHONE, I NEED A PHONE!"
My god, instant PTSD, it's the teenage girls- cell phone wars, suddenly I felt sick. You mean all of this chaos was because the daughter wants a new cell phone?
I felt like turning the car around, going back into Nob Hill and finding the guy and giving him a big hug. Tell him "dude, just buy the phone, you are going to lose anyway. They will never accept no, they will never quit, they stay on you until you break down, they will eat you alive from the toes up until you buy that phone, let it go man, just get it over with, go buy the phone!"

PS: Having the desire to turn your car around and hug a strange man don't make you gay, but it sure as hell don't help. Good luck with that.

Thought that marathon Steelhead blasting few months back might have straightened you out some, should have known better, you're still a dick.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
People and their phones crack me up......

A pretty good friend of mine who has gone through 6-7 phones in the last few years. Either broken or lost...

Wonder why......grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If he's going thru that many 'mishaps' and seeing that above-

He might do well with one of these cases

* unless it's too deep to dive for grin

https://www.amazon.com/Lifeproof-x1...&SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA

[Linked Image]

Last edited by slumlord; 09/19/18.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Cell phones have their place! I do lots of business on the phone. The kids and grandkids have evolved where they have a permanent grip. I have a rule when their at my house, phones can only be answered, no out going calls, no you tube, no games ect. If that don't work go home! I got tired of the phone bs about a year ago, only had to send them home once.

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll tell you what, google maps is 100% better than the old map books we had when I first started driving for a living, looking back now, those old Thomas books are a bad joke.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have to wonder if the guy was that much of a jerk or if he had just had enough badgering by his females. Either way he is off the rails. As a side note, I was an elementary school teacher for many years. I remember being on bus duty and going to unlock the front doors to start the day. Standing just outside were a group of 5 middle school girls standing in a circle. The thing that caught my attention was that they were not talking to one another. They were all texting on their cell phones.

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I have to wonder if the guy was that much of a jerk or if he had just had enough badgering by his females. Either way he is off the rails. As a side note, I was an elementary school teacher for many years. I remember being on bus duty and going to unlock the front doors to start the day. Standing just outside were a group of 5 middle school girls standing in a circle. The thing that caught my attention was that they were not talking to one another. They were all texting on their cell phones.

Probablly to each other. smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.