E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Here is a hint for you..... when trying to pass yourself off as a Texan, don’t use “pal” in addressing someone.

TEXAN, you say?

This high fence hunting excuse couldn’t stand on his mammy and pappy’s shoulders and kiss a real Texan’s asss.
Broward County Florida Democrat talking through his sphincter muscle about a Texan.

It just doesn't get any better.

You can stop any time. The results are in. You have won the Darwin Award today for making fun of the other bear victim.

It is impossible to win a Darwin Award for anything less than losing the ability to reproduce, usually because of a spectacular death. Please find a more suitable award. This one already has a specific requirement.
I fully understand what you are referencing with your statement. I was simply throwing "Darwin Award" back into Old_Toot's face throughout all of this, being he specifically stated the other bear attack victim, in the other thread, was a "Darwin Award Candidate"

In essence, making him eat his own words if you will.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

thread about Phil killing the charging bear with his 9mm.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11369474/1

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Here is a hint for you..... when trying to pass yourself off as a Texan, don’t use “pal” in addressing someone.

TEXAN, you say?

This high fence hunting excuse couldn’t stand on his mammy and pappy’s shoulders and kiss a real Texan’s asss.
Broward County Florida Democrat talking through his sphincter muscle about a Texan.

It just doesn't get any better.

You can stop any time. The results are in. You have won the Darwin Award today for making fun of the other bear victim.

It is impossible to win a Darwin Award for anything less than losing the ability to reproduce, usually because of a spectacular death. Please find a more suitable award. This one already has a specific requirement.
I fully understand what you are referencing with your statement. I was simply throwing "Darwin Award" back into Old_Toot's face throughout all of this, being he specifically stated the other bear attack victim, in the other thread, was a "Darwin Award Candidate"

In essence, making him eat his own words if you will.

Unsuccessfully. Just compounded stupidity.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
So nobody?

Tell about how you got charged by a Griz and be done with it, for Pete's sake.

Huh? I’m asking because there seems to be a ton of knowledge passed around in this thread and before I read 10 pages of [bleep] and bickering, I want to know whose posts to pay attention to...

the discussion …..I think, has been more about how to act....for lack of a better word.....in grizzly country, by those that live around them.

brooks range, sheep, moose, bear hunt....mainly wanted bear....went in the brush to find bear....boar...that I shot, he wasn't dead , got charged short range...….a feeling like no other....he's a mount now.

2cd hunt.....another sheep, moose, bear hunt...brooks range.....sow, ( we figured it was a sow, size wise etc, but the color was classic ) long shot...got closer, put finisher in her......still exciting....she's a rug now.

3rd hunt....out of cold bay.....brown bear.....he knew something was up, didn't give him time to figure it out.....well inside of 100 yards...cool as hell, he's a mount now....

no expert by any means....I do ride, hunt, fish and live in grizz country...….bob

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by wytex
So name call all you want sicko. I in no way inferred I wanted to see you dead, just see your experienced reaction to a charging bear. Set you up meant getting you into grizz and elk country. Reading comprehension eh. Who is the fecal spewing troll now.

You are not only mentally challenged and intellectually bankrupt, you’re Two Stoopud™ to know you’re too stupid to understand you are threatening me with pre-meditated first degree murder, on an open public forum utilizing phone lines, across state-lines, which brings into play enough multiple federal felony offenses to jail you for the rest of your natural life, before you would even be eligible for parole.

You are a mentally sick, super low I.Q., idiot of biblical proportions.

I hunt low-fence private ranches for the very reason to be as far away as possible from the likes of you while in the field, while I self-guide or am guiding others. Multiple hard barricaded private gates protect me from people like you…..thank God.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 09/19/18.

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Paddler must have a nephew, a long lost.............

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mudhen
From today's Jackson Hole News and Guide--probably not going to change anyone's mind, but it is a comprehensive account that will clear up some of the questions:

The grizzly bear that caused tragedy high in the Teton Wilderness never let up from a full-bore charge before hitting the Jackson Hole outfitter she fatally mauled.

When the approximately 250-pound sow bruin first came into view, pounding downhill out of a clearing, Mark Uptain was removing the head of a four-by-four bull elk for his client, Corey Chubon.

It was Friday afternoon, and the elk’s four quarters had been removed without any sign of bears. Chubon had killed the elk with an arrow the day before, but the hunters didn’t find the carcass until Friday. Even so, the hunters saw no sign grizzlies had touched it.

The sow grizzly, in other words, was not coming back to claim her meal. Her 1 1/2-year-old male cub was nearby, but ultimately he was watching from the outskirts and wasn’t being threatened. Nevertheless, she was not bluffing.

“It just came on a full run,” said Brad Hovinga, who supervises the Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s Jackson Region. “There was no hesitation.”

Even for grizzlies, which are inherently protective and aggressive animals, this is unusual behavior.

“A female with a yearling attacking in this manner, I’ve never dealt with that,” said Dan Thompson, Game and Fish’s large carnivore chief.

The now-dead grizzly, around 10 years old, was in good shape, with plenty of fat and nothing outwardly wrong.

Chubon, who did not respond to repeated requests for interviews, provided the above account to Wyoming Game and Fish investigators. The Florida man, who was on a guided Martin Outfitters bow hunt with his father, relayed his recollection to Game and Fish at length on several occasions.

As the bear first hit Uptain, who carried bear spray in a hip-slung holster, Chubon went for a Glock that his guide had left with their gear a few yards uphill. For some reason, he could not get the handgun to fire. When the female grizzly diverted her attention away from Uptain and toward the Floridian, he tossed the pistol to his guide. Evidently, it didn’t make it to Uptain, who was a lifelong elk hunter, small-business owner and family man.

Within moments, the bear turned back toward Uptain. Chubon, whose leg, chest and arms were lacerated by the bruin, ran for his life. His last view of Uptain, which he relayed to investigators, was of the guide on his feet trying to fight off the sow.

In an interview with the Orlando, Florida TV station WKMG, he described Uptain as his hero.

“I’m just extremely blessed and fortunate to have made it out of this situation alive,” Chubon told WKMG.

Bolting from the chaos, Chubon huffed it uphill to the duo’s horses, mounted one and rode uphill to a ridgeline near the crest of 10,258-foot-high Terrace Mountain in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. Amazingly, he caught a signal to phone authorities, who flew in to rescue him. Teton County Undersheriff Matt Carr, who was among the first responders, said the call out was a feat in itself.

“I’m not quite sure how he did that, because there’s no cell service out there at all,” Carr said. “That’s something we could not duplicate when we were there on the scene.”

Using the description from Chubon, searchers in a helicopter were able to locate the elk carcass that caused conflict around 7 p.m. Friday. There was less than an hour of daylight left, and the call was made to suspend the search until sunup Saturday.

“We ran out of flight time,” Carr said. “Helicopter restrictions don’t allow us to fly past a hard-and-fast time. And by that point, we couldn’t get ground teams in. The risk to the rescuers was far too great at that moment.”

It will never be known exactly what unfolded between the grizzlies and Uptain after Chubon left the scene.

When Carr and Game and Fish wardens Jon Stephens and Kyle Lash arrived at the quartered elk early Saturday morning to continue the search, they initially assumed that a drag mark heading downhill was from Uptain. Later, investigators discovered this was the slick left from the elk’s gut pile.

“It was confusing, because there was blood and struggle and debris from the elk dying,” Hovinga said. “There was a blood trail from the wounded elk coming in. On the scene, it was difficult to determine whose blood was whose.”

The gut pile drag mark heading downhill drew searchers attention away from where Uptain had died 50 yards uphill from the elk carcass, in a grove of timber. The nature of the 37-year-old’s fatal injuries and lack of a drag trail uphill suggest that he was able to walk after the initial attack, about 50 yards, but ultimately was killed by the grizzlies near where he was found.

“From the nature of his injuries, his death was pretty instantaneous,” Teton County Coroner Brent Blue said. “His fatal injuries were fatal instantly. He wasn’t going to be walking after the fatal injury.”

Bites to Uptain’s head likely ended his life, Blue said. Although there was massive trauma, his body was intact and showed no signs of having been fed upon.

At some point during the struggle, Uptain was able to douse the adult sow with bear spray, which has a high probability of thwarting an attack.

“When we were looking at the [adult female bear’s] head,” Hovinga said, “we could smell it, and we could feel it.”

Hovinga was quick to point out that bear spray was not put to use at the time of the initial attack — perhaps because there wasn’t time.

“We feel that he deployed that bear spray sometime after the initial attack, but before he succumbed to his injuries,” he said. “A lot of people have said, ‘Well, he sprayed the bear, and it didn’t do any good.’ We can’t say that. We can’t say that bear spray wasn’t completely effective.”

The discharged canister was near where he died, not at the elk carcass downhill. The thrown firearm was found uphill of the bull elk’s scattered remains, but downhill and distanced from Uptain’s body.

After locating Uptain around 1:15 p.m. Saturday, Teton County Search and Rescue, Game and Fish and citizen search teams that grew to about 30 people flew out and rode out on horseback.

Game and Fish large carnivore biologists set out three leghold snares concealed in cubbies in an attempt to livetrap one or both of the grizzlies in the overnight hours. Aboard an airship that clattered overhead Sunday morning, they could not see if it worked. But after unloading from the chopper late Sunday morning, Thompson, Lash, Stephens and Game and Fish colleagues Brian Baker and Mike Boyce could make out bawls that told them they had captured the cub.

“Based on the vocalizations and the different tones, we knew we had a younger bear,” Thompson said.

The worst-case scenario was trapping the cub, with mom running free. That’s what happened. The quintet of biologists and wardens, four of whom were armed, chose a path in the relative open in the effort to gain a vantage point of the trap. The sow heard them coming.

“She appeared on a full charge,” Thompson said. “When she visualized five of us standing there, she paused for a second. We had guns up. There was a question, ‘Do we take her?’ I said take her.”

A barrage of gunfire ended the life of the grizzly that killed Mark Uptain. Her stomach was “full of elk meat,” one indication that told the Game and Fish folks that they had killed the right bear. Paws with pads and claws that matched tracks left at the scene the day before further corroborated the connection, and DNA evidence has been sent to a Laramie lab to cement that the right bears were killed.

The cub, about a 150-pound animal, was sedated before Thompson made the call to kill the sow’s dependent as well. His primary reasoning was that Uptain’s injuries suggested the cub was not a passive bystander.

“That yearling was involved in the attack,” Thompson said, “and was a contributing factor to his fatality.”

Asked if there were lessons to be learned from the fatal attack, Thompson said there was no “overt” wrongdoing or decisions made that belie best practices for hunting in grizzly country. Game and Fish’s large carnivore chief also stood behind his decision-making.

“I’m 100 percent confident that we removed the target individuals, and I’m also 100 percent confident that was the right thing to do,” Thompson said. “She was teaching an offspring that killing humans is a potential way to get food. We’ve had 10 other human injuries [from grizzlies] in the past couple years, and we haven’t attempted captures in those situations because of our investigations and the behavior of the bear.

“This was completely different, dangerous behavior,” he said. “It’s not something we want out there on the landscape.”

Contact Mike Koshmrl at 732-7067, [email protected] or @JHNGenviro.

Good to hear they caught and killed the bear. I've never seen a grizzly bear, but was surprised at the weight - "250-pound sow bruin." I thought they were bigger, but just googled it and and adult sows average 290 – 440 lbs.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Kinda like 200 pound wolves some experts see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hunt low-fence private ranches for the very reason to be as far away as possible from the likes of you while in the field, while I self-guide or am guiding others.

Put up a pic of your guide license, blowhard......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by logcutter
Better yet with a levergun, by a bunch...(laughing)
Lever guns are sweet.

Three things you don't ask a Texan:

1 - How many sections he owns.
2 - How many Head he's running.
3 - How many lever guns he owns.

Nor how many elk he’s slayed.

Borrowing from Flave’s copyright:
You’ve gone full retard.
Never go full retard.

Boys we have caught a very large mouth bass here. What a trophy we’ve found.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wytex
So name call all you want sicko. I in no way inferred I wanted to see you dead, just see your experienced reaction to a charging bear. Set you up meant getting you into grizz and elk country. Reading comprehension eh. Who is the fecal spewing troll now.

You are not only mentally challenged and intellectually bankrupt, you’re Two Stoopud™ to know you’re too stupid to understand you are threatening me with pre-meditated first degree murder, on an open public forum utilizing phone lines, across state-lines, which brings into play enough multiple federal felony offenses to jail you for the rest of your natural life, before you would even be eligible for parole.

You are a mentally sick, super low I.Q., idiot of biblical proportions.

I hunt low-fence private ranches for the very reason to be as far away as possible from the likes of you while in the field, while I self-guide or am guiding others. Multiple hard barricaded private gates protect me from people like you…..thank God.

I do believe that you belong behind locked gates and that you, indeed, need protection from other people. It does ring true,,,that.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And I'd bet good money he couldn't kill a 300" bull elk on public land if he had too...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mudhen
From today's Jackson Hole News and Guide--probably not going to change anyone's mind, but it is a comprehensive account that will clear up some of the questions:

The grizzly bear that caused tragedy high in the Teton Wilderness never let up from a full-bore charge before hitting the Jackson Hole outfitter she fatally mauled.

When the approximately 250-pound sow bruin first came into view, pounding downhill out of a clearing, Mark Uptain was removing the head of a four-by-four bull elk for his client, Corey Chubon.

It was Friday afternoon, and the elk’s four quarters had been removed without any sign of bears. Chubon had killed the elk with an arrow the day before, but the hunters didn’t find the carcass until Friday. Even so, the hunters saw no sign grizzlies had touched it.

The sow grizzly, in other words, was not coming back to claim her meal. Her 1 1/2-year-old male cub was nearby, but ultimately he was watching from the outskirts and wasn’t being threatened. Nevertheless, she was not bluffing.

“It just came on a full run,” said Brad Hovinga, who supervises the Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s Jackson Region. “There was no hesitation.”

Even for grizzlies, which are inherently protective and aggressive animals, this is unusual behavior.

“A female with a yearling attacking in this manner, I’ve never dealt with that,” said Dan Thompson, Game and Fish’s large carnivore chief.

The now-dead grizzly, around 10 years old, was in good shape, with plenty of fat and nothing outwardly wrong.

Chubon, who did not respond to repeated requests for interviews, provided the above account to Wyoming Game and Fish investigators. The Florida man, who was on a guided Martin Outfitters bow hunt with his father, relayed his recollection to Game and Fish at length on several occasions.

As the bear first hit Uptain, who carried bear spray in a hip-slung holster, Chubon went for a Glock that his guide had left with their gear a few yards uphill. For some reason, he could not get the handgun to fire. When the female grizzly diverted her attention away from Uptain and toward the Floridian, he tossed the pistol to his guide. Evidently, it didn’t make it to Uptain, who was a lifelong elk hunter, small-business owner and family man.

Within moments, the bear turned back toward Uptain. Chubon, whose leg, chest and arms were lacerated by the bruin, ran for his life. His last view of Uptain, which he relayed to investigators, was of the guide on his feet trying to fight off the sow.

In an interview with the Orlando, Florida TV station WKMG, he described Uptain as his hero.

“I’m just extremely blessed and fortunate to have made it out of this situation alive,” Chubon told WKMG.

Bolting from the chaos, Chubon huffed it uphill to the duo’s horses, mounted one and rode uphill to a ridgeline near the crest of 10,258-foot-high Terrace Mountain in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. Amazingly, he caught a signal to phone authorities, who flew in to rescue him. Teton County Undersheriff Matt Carr, who was among the first responders, said the call out was a feat in itself.

“I’m not quite sure how he did that, because there’s no cell service out there at all,” Carr said. “That’s something we could not duplicate when we were there on the scene.”

Using the description from Chubon, searchers in a helicopter were able to locate the elk carcass that caused conflict around 7 p.m. Friday. There was less than an hour of daylight left, and the call was made to suspend the search until sunup Saturday.

“We ran out of flight time,” Carr said. “Helicopter restrictions don’t allow us to fly past a hard-and-fast time. And by that point, we couldn’t get ground teams in. The risk to the rescuers was far too great at that moment.”

It will never be known exactly what unfolded between the grizzlies and Uptain after Chubon left the scene.

When Carr and Game and Fish wardens Jon Stephens and Kyle Lash arrived at the quartered elk early Saturday morning to continue the search, they initially assumed that a drag mark heading downhill was from Uptain. Later, investigators discovered this was the slick left from the elk’s gut pile.

“It was confusing, because there was blood and struggle and debris from the elk dying,” Hovinga said. “There was a blood trail from the wounded elk coming in. On the scene, it was difficult to determine whose blood was whose.”

The gut pile drag mark heading downhill drew searchers attention away from where Uptain had died 50 yards uphill from the elk carcass, in a grove of timber. The nature of the 37-year-old’s fatal injuries and lack of a drag trail uphill suggest that he was able to walk after the initial attack, about 50 yards, but ultimately was killed by the grizzlies near where he was found.

“From the nature of his injuries, his death was pretty instantaneous,” Teton County Coroner Brent Blue said. “His fatal injuries were fatal instantly. He wasn’t going to be walking after the fatal injury.”

Bites to Uptain’s head likely ended his life, Blue said. Although there was massive trauma, his body was intact and showed no signs of having been fed upon.

At some point during the struggle, Uptain was able to douse the adult sow with bear spray, which has a high probability of thwarting an attack.

“When we were looking at the [adult female bear’s] head,” Hovinga said, “we could smell it, and we could feel it.”

Hovinga was quick to point out that bear spray was not put to use at the time of the initial attack — perhaps because there wasn’t time.

“We feel that he deployed that bear spray sometime after the initial attack, but before he succumbed to his injuries,” he said. “A lot of people have said, ‘Well, he sprayed the bear, and it didn’t do any good.’ We can’t say that. We can’t say that bear spray wasn’t completely effective.”

The discharged canister was near where he died, not at the elk carcass downhill. The thrown firearm was found uphill of the bull elk’s scattered remains, but downhill and distanced from Uptain’s body.

After locating Uptain around 1:15 p.m. Saturday, Teton County Search and Rescue, Game and Fish and citizen search teams that grew to about 30 people flew out and rode out on horseback.

Game and Fish large carnivore biologists set out three leghold snares concealed in cubbies in an attempt to livetrap one or both of the grizzlies in the overnight hours. Aboard an airship that clattered overhead Sunday morning, they could not see if it worked. But after unloading from the chopper late Sunday morning, Thompson, Lash, Stephens and Game and Fish colleagues Brian Baker and Mike Boyce could make out bawls that told them they had captured the cub.

“Based on the vocalizations and the different tones, we knew we had a younger bear,” Thompson said.

The worst-case scenario was trapping the cub, with mom running free. That’s what happened. The quintet of biologists and wardens, four of whom were armed, chose a path in the relative open in the effort to gain a vantage point of the trap. The sow heard them coming.

“She appeared on a full charge,” Thompson said. “When she visualized five of us standing there, she paused for a second. We had guns up. There was a question, ‘Do we take her?’ I said take her.”

A barrage of gunfire ended the life of the grizzly that killed Mark Uptain. Her stomach was “full of elk meat,” one indication that told the Game and Fish folks that they had killed the right bear. Paws with pads and claws that matched tracks left at the scene the day before further corroborated the connection, and DNA evidence has been sent to a Laramie lab to cement that the right bears were killed.

The cub, about a 150-pound animal, was sedated before Thompson made the call to kill the sow’s dependent as well. His primary reasoning was that Uptain’s injuries suggested the cub was not a passive bystander.

“That yearling was involved in the attack,” Thompson said, “and was a contributing factor to his fatality.”

Asked if there were lessons to be learned from the fatal attack, Thompson said there was no “overt” wrongdoing or decisions made that belie best practices for hunting in grizzly country. Game and Fish’s large carnivore chief also stood behind his decision-making.

“I’m 100 percent confident that we removed the target individuals, and I’m also 100 percent confident that was the right thing to do,” Thompson said. “She was teaching an offspring that killing humans is a potential way to get food. We’ve had 10 other human injuries [from grizzlies] in the past couple years, and we haven’t attempted captures in those situations because of our investigations and the behavior of the bear.

“This was completely different, dangerous behavior,” he said. “It’s not something we want out there on the landscape.”

Contact Mike Koshmrl at 732-7067, [email protected] or @JHNGenviro.

Thank you for posting this.

I do recall reading that this female grizzly was not known prior to this by the Fish and Game people. Anyone know the odds that the bear had never encountered humans before?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GregW
And I'd bet good money he couldn't kill a 300" bull elk on public land if he had too...

Uh oh. Yo ass is on thin ice, brother!
Grins

The Tin Horn has already confessed to hunting behind fences and locked, barred gates. See his above post on the matter.
Takes money to do that and he claims to have beau coup of it, yes he does.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I hunt low-fence private ranches for the very reason to be as far away as possible from the likes of you while in the field, while I self-guide or am guiding others.

Put up a pic of your guide license, blowhard......
I love watching people like you make an absolute and complete fool of them self, on a public forum, from their mother’s basement.

You are so mind numbing stupid, with your lame attempt to bust my balls, that you, with what few cells are alive between your ears, are still incapable of even using google before you make a complete fool out of yourself on the internet.

You are a dumbass pard. You are a low I.Q. dumbass of biblical proportions, and are Two Stoopud™ to realize it.

I don’t need a license to guide you idiotic, Democrat, low I.Q., far left-side Bell Curve, blowhard, troll.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 09/19/18.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Grins

The Tin Horn has already confessed to hunting behind fences and locked, barred gates. See his above post on the matter.

Foul. I hunt behind locked gates and fences, and I have never spent money on a lease, or high fence operation. It's called a family farm. No reason to allow access to other hunters when we are actively hunting, and lock those gates. It does not take money. It takes access. Do not infer cause and effect where there is nothing to prove the case. (False assumption). Clearly, I have no money to waste.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SD300
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by SD300
I'm guessing the Floridian was flustered during the bear attack and couldn't figure out how to shoot the gun in all the excitement.

How can ANYBODY not know how to shoot a Glock?

Maybe he had never shot one before and in the excitement, he didn't think to work the slide to make sure there was a round in the pipe? Either he thought tossing the gun to Uptain was the best thing or Uptain told him to throw it to him or he simply wasn't thinking right with all the excitement.

Empty chamber, magazine not properly seated so he couldn’t chamber a round?

For a while I was carrying a 10mm Glock 29 in the woods, the magazine release projected some distance from the side of the grip. However it happened several times when carried the mag release had been popped resulting in the 10rd magazine dropping out of battery but not falling out of the pistol. I had a Glock guy replace the release with one for a Glock 19. Dropped right in, worked perfectly, laying nearly flush with the grip. Problem solved.
[/quote]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Grins

Foul. I hunt behind locked gates and fences, and I have never spent money on a lease, or high fence operation. It's called a family farm. No reason to allow access to other hunters when we are actively hunting, and lock those gates. It does not take money. It takes access. Do not infer cause and effect where there is nothing to prove the case. (False assumption). Clearly, I have no money to waste.

Et tu, Brute’?
Grins.

I know where you can find a great unliscened guide should you need one. He’s posting here currently. Let me know should the need arise. Specializing in elk, mostly.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Greg, it’s OK. I realize how frustrating you must feel, to have lived life, after your I.Q. testing session in first grade was stopped, once they determined you were incapable of completing it.

Really, I do.

Your immature and uninformed responses here prove it.

Please carry own. I don’t have to pay here to watch people completely humiliate themselves with such mind numbing stupidity.

"He is far from Stupid"

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Take two of these and call Paddler’s bastard child’s baby daddy in the morning

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 27 of 40 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,116 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,778
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.