Print Thread
Hop To
D
driggy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Was watching TV last night and see that Sig has a line of scopes that are linked to to a line of range finders. You range the target and the scope has a lighted dot that shows the proper hold over. It also has red lights on the right and left sides of the horizontal cross hair that light up if you cant the rifle. If you cant counterclockwise the left side lights up, clockwise the right side. Also, the dot for hold over will flash if the energy and ballistics make a killing shot uncertain.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Big Brother inside of a scope now

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had an early test model and used it on a CO antelope hunt last month— it works as-advertised.

A cool feature to me is that you can use the app to program a custom reticle and use it without it being tethered to the rangefinder.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bluetooth link between the two?

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I had an early test model and used it on a CO antelope hunt last month— it works as-advertised.

A cool feature to me is that you can use the app to program a custom reticle and use it without it being tethered to the rangefinder.

Just out of curiosity what antelope rifle hunt is open in August, private land in 79? Thanks!

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is the laser rangefinder contained in the scope or you use a separate unit?

MM

D
driggy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The way they showed it on TV, they are separate scope and rangefinder. There is a green LED on the top that flashes when they communicate. I saw it on Gun Gear.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'll be glad when advancements measure wind/elevation/barometric pressure and tell me when to pull the trigger , then stream it onto twitter/instagram .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Originally Posted by Woodhits

Just out of curiosity what antelope rifle hunt is open in August, private land in 79? Thanks!

Hunt was just north of Craig on a Ranching for Wildlife property.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
The ethics of this setup are a different story, altogether. I’m not sure how I feel about it as a hunter, but it does what it claims to do.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nice!

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
That’s on very beautiful scope with amazing specifications. Is the manufacturer price released yet.?

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Soon, you'll hook up to the micro-USB port and enter your license number. The onboard video and GPS will cover reporting the harvest. (and other things...)

But, serious question; Are Sig optics worth a crap? Or are they just a "lets expand the brand" flash in the pan, turd in the punch bowl? What is a comparable (quality/price wise) unit to their scopes or red dots?

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What about eye relief? Looks like the scope is mounted way back on the action from the photo. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Soon, you'll hook up to the micro-USB port and enter your license number. The onboard video and GPS will cover reporting the harvest. (and other things...)

But, serious question; Are Sig optics worth a crap? Or are they just a "lets expand the brand" flash in the pan, turd in the punch bowl? What is a comparable (quality/price wise) unit to their scopes or red dots?

Sig Optics are very good and they are growing very fast.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
A
Hello, folks
Just got the Sig Sauer Sierra3 6.5-20 x 52 + Kilo 2400 BDX Kit. Using the rangefinder this hunting season putting the scope on a range gun for now (too late to re-scope any of the hunting rifles). The Rangefinder appears to have some pretty cool features for use with non BDX scopes (Viper HS-T on the 338) automatically generating holdovers for one of 25 different ballistic profiles. Shows data onscreen immediately after ranging. Also transmits data back to smart phone for viewing. Several features not really explained that well on the reviews.
Have some questions for someone familiar with scope, the reticle seems thick compared to my other scopes, not to out of line but definitely thicker. There is also a series of lines that kind of look like mini blinds below the horizontal element, no color to them, like looking through open blinds. Not shown on Sigs reticle diagram on their website, but they are apparent in some of the youtube videos, although not mentioned. Wondering what the heck are they?

Attached Images
reticleAct.200.jpg (17.68 KB, 22 downloads)
Screen1Ad.200.jpg (40.65 KB, 17 downloads)
BDX-R1.200.jpg (20.89 KB, 17 downloads)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The lines that you see are how the LEDs are superimposed on the lenses. Essentially, every possible dot on the scope needs a lead running to it which is what you're seeing.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 18 invisible), 1,381 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,216
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.