Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
What is a decent price for a used Single Six? I found this one for $275.It has some holster wear and the anodizing removed from the aluminum parts

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by pacecars; 08/21/18.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sounds decent to me...does it still have the mag cylinder?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
it is definitely worth a $250 offer.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
biggest issue w a single six is that you have to cock it more times than a mk 1/2/3/4. otherwise theyre, well, bulletproof

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I would gladly pay 250-275 for it if I needed another.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Called them and they have it on hold for me. Now for a holster

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
250 is fair. Not a deal but fair.

I just picked up a lnib early 80s model. Box/Paperwork/extra cylinder/bag...everything... 300otd.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What type of grips are those? If they are bone throw $ at em. Whatever they are its still a good deal. Good find!

Razorhog

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pacecars: I have held off on commenting on the price range for this slightly modified pistol and I am happy so many others have chimed in to help you in my absence.
But I do want to say I have several of these pistols (eight of them to be exact) including one "Buntline" model.
The two that I shoot are great fun and are rather accurate when I "sand-bag" them.
I hope you enjoy your new-ish Single Six as much as I enjoy mine.
I began "collecting" these about 20 years ago and they have appreciated in value - I do not see them diminishing in value any time soon.
Those slight modifications to the finish in certain areas of your pistol won't help much in the long run, value wise, but I think they look kind of cool along with the new grips.
Keep an eye out for a set of used factory grips as I see them now and then offered for sale at gunshows and such.
In fact last month I was out on the west coast and came across a set of mint Single Six grips at "Bear Arms" gun shop in Covington, Washington - I got them for $5.00 cash!
Enjoy your pistol.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't decide if I like the two tone look or not but if I were in the market I'd probably buy it if it has both cylinders.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nice grips. Good deal there. I have a half dozen blue ejector rod housings and would be happy to send you one if so desired. PM me a reminder as I won't be back in Texas for a week or so.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Thanks, will do

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice catch. A Hunter holster #1100450E fits my old style Single-Six 22.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
Nice catch. A Hunter holster #1100450E fits my old style Single-Six 22.

[Linked Image]

I have the same holster. I modified mine for cross draw.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by ingwe
Sounds decent to me...does it still have the mag cylinder?

It did not have the mag cylinder but after talking to the Borchardt Rifle Corp people an 8 shot .22 mag cylinder will be headed my way. I also just got in my new front sight from Fermin Garza

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by pacecars
What is a decent price for a used Single Six? I found this one for $275.It has some holster wear and the anodizing removed from the aluminum parts

I am not sure but $275 seems very fair if not $100 below what I would expect for a clean single6. In this case the the finish removal probably makes the price only fair. It is not a convertible which is another consideration

The aluminum is not anodized, it is PAINT! It chips easily and looks like heck on a pistol that sees hard use. Abuse maybe more like it, but it does chip off. I highly recommend stainless for anyone buying new. And in the convertible. I do like the 5.5" barrel. New Ruger revolvers are up there in cost as well. IMHO, The used market is a good place to look.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For all of you single 6 shooters out there, how accurate on average do these pistols shoot? I ask because I love the cool factor of them but the only two I shot, well let’s say most critters past ten feet away would laugh if you pulled it out. I also know that there are always examples on both sides of the spectrum with just about any make and model.i just haven’t heard of as many shooting as well as say my old Mark II shot.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I pulled out some old targets shot at 25 yards off a rest. For my 22mag cylinder, l found ONLY one old target. I had 5 shots in a 1.5 inch group. Nothing for the 22LR. I never shoot that. My 32H&R single six about 2.5" for 6 shots at 25 yards. And finally the 327 single 7 also 2.5" at 25 yards. That is a little rounded off. I had some 32 ammo run 2.7 and other 2.2. Its not an easy gun to get down below 2". I mean for me to hold and see and shoot well enough. I think these groups would shrink if I had a ransom or a scope. To be realistic, you cannot carry a rest around with you. The 3 guns span a 40 year time period.

well let’s say most critters past ten feet away would laugh if you pulled it out.
I have to suspect pilot error on this.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I believe the NRA is a good sources for gun reviews. Relatively unbiased. They had this to say shooting the single-10 at 25 yards.

Starting at the bench, the Single-Ten's accuracy was tested using five-shot groups fired at 25 yards. The gun's excellent sights, comfortable grips and crisp, light trigger pull made the work of generating tight groups a breeze. CCI Mini Mag 36-grain, copper-plated hollow points produced an average group size of 2.17 inches. CCI Stinger 32-grain, copper-plated hollow points produced an average of 2.25 inches, followed by Winchester Super X 40-grain, copper-plated hollow points, with an average of 2.50 inches. Impressive, especially since the last time I produced this level of accuracy with a handgun, I was shooting a tricked-out, semi-auto loaded with some of the finest custom factory ammo available. A tuned-up, semi-auto pistol’s level of accuracy is replicated by an out-of-the-box revolver. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Link to review:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2011/9/27/ruger-single-ten-revolver-review/

The above review said the gun was easy to shoot and compared well to semi-auto target pistol. Not true for me. I find the Ruger Mk or old hi-standards far and away easier to hold, aim and fire. The grips are for average to small hands. If that matters. I love these little revolvers, but; be realistic about that.

My friend like the fiber optic front on some of the new models. I agree it is better for field use, but I find it a distraction for testing on paper where I am used to the blacks. Now there is a choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 8 invisible), 1,574 guests, and 735 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,563
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.