Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha well Damn I got a couple of em....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Lonny
Back in the day, when the VHA magazine was at its peak, people would sell their collections, often times for hundreds of dollars.

With only 4 magazines per year, they were usually packed with articles and not a bunch of advertising. The Steve Timm articles were great and even the member articles were often a good read.

It was the one magazine that could keep you occupied for more than 15 minutes anyway.

That's funny because before I moved I tried selling some on the Classifieds but nobody seemed interested. I was going to send them for the cost of shipping but nobody wanted them. Luckily I found a guy in Havre that knew what they were and was thrilled to have them.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Towards the end, the demand sure seemed to drop right off. You'd think it would have made the issues more in demand, but evidently nobody wanted them anymore once the word got out they were shutting down. A buddy of mine sold his collection for $400 and that didn't even include the last few years they were in production. He unloaded them at just the right time.

When times were good with the VHA magazine, they would run a sale, usually about once a year where you could buy past issues. And if I remember correctly, they would sell them for $6 a copy.

I got most of them, but they will likely hit the recycle bin someday as a lot of the product info is outdated or not even available anymore. Looking through the old mags now it's kinda funny to see stuff about molying bullets and cryro treating barrels.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey DogShooter, that's pretty cool that you and your wife run that company! I don't think many of us knew that. Thumbs up!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Hey DogShooter, that's pretty cool that you and your wife run that company! I don't think many of us knew that. Thumbs up!

It just happened a couple weeks ago. The previous owner, Major Boddicker, is a close family friend of my wife’s Grandfather, and she’s known him nearly all her life. I’ve known him since the late 80’s, and have used his calls for close to 30 years now. We had talked about buying it a couple of times over the past few years, and finally pulled the trigger on it last month.

We’re excited about the business, and truly appreciate the support everyone here has shown.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Best of luck and success to you!!!

Molon Labe
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always have a couple of peewee's in my truck. one never knows when an opportunity will present itself

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Rooster7

It just happened a couple weeks ago. The previous owner, Major Boddicker, is a close family friend of my wife’s Grandfather, and she’s known him nearly all her life. I’ve known him since the late 80’s, and have used his calls for close to 30 years now. We had talked about buying it a couple of times over the past few years, and finally pulled the trigger on it last month.

We’re excited about the business, and truly appreciate the support everyone here has shown.

Best open reed predator calls ever made.

And that's not a guess...;)

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm guessing you don't think much of the TallyHo?......

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Congrats on the business Dogshooter. Great product.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Quote: "Best open reed predator calls ever made."
+1
I've been using one for over 30 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
For Campfire members: Send me a PM, and I'll ship them on the house.

Hey, Dogshooter, I got my Song Dog and PeeWee in the mail today. Thank you for the fast-n-free shipping!

I'm heading out to do a little deer scouting tomorrow and will give 'em a try.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Of course Steve.... enjoy the calls.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Since we were talking about the Elk Calls in this thread too....

I called in 3 bulls Saturday morning with the small rust colored Cow-Calf Call shown above. My wife and I somehow managed to kill two of them.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice job!! Bows??

Molon Labe
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Muzzleloaders.

R
RCL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Just picked up a couple of these from Dogshooter and have to say they are really nice. Looking forward to putting them to work early October.
Please tell the Wife you are doing great on customer service.
Placed order for another a few minutes ago.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Dogshooter I got my calls Friday. Thank you Todd

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the major draws of the Critter-Call is that it was on the forefront of howling for coyotes. With the popularity of predator hunting some very good call makers have started making very good predator calls. I have a couple Critter-Calls and they call coyotes, I also have calls by Terry Carver, Rick Robins, Tony Tebbe, Ed Sceery to name a few, they all call coyotes. There is a very long list of good predator open reed call makers and with the way coyotes are it is hard to find one that won't call in a coyote, what I look for nowadays is easy of operation(asthmatic so low air volume is a plus) and looks, Carver and Robins calls not only work they are very pleasant on the eye.

Do you have the rights to the howling instruction tapes from the Major, last time I called they were still on cassettes, if you do and they are on CD's I'd like to order them.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes Erich, I have all the instructional material rights. I have all of that stuff in CD, shoot me a PM and I’ll get you pricing.

I also have calls from Kerry and Ric, they’re great calls for sure. Ric made me an Antler Squeaker a long time ago that was super cool... it’s lying in a field somewhere... like a lot of other calls I’ve lost through the years.

I hear you on ease of use, it’s inportant to everyone.

The Crit’R Calls all come with several reeds of varying thickness and profile. Some of theses are much easier to blow than others.

There are a litany of great Custom calls on the market, and for the most part they all look cooler than the Crit’ Call.... but the Crit’R Call is the only one that offers the ability to simply and quickly customize the actual sound of the call.

You want easy to blow, and high pitched.... then install the narrow .010” reed.

You want easy to blow, and low pitched.... then install the wide .010” reed.

You want to blow the crap out of a call, and get maximum volume and crazy range.... install the .015” glass phenolic reed.

They all come in the package when you purchase any of our calls.

Here’s all the reeds (5 total) that come with every Song Dog call we sell:

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.