Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
For some reason, AP reported this election result, but the rest of the national media has not mentioned this election result from yesterday to fill a state senator's empty seat.

This election was for our state senate.

https://www.ksat.com/news/election-results/district-19-special-runoff-election-result

SAN ANTONIO - Updated at 9:45 p.m.:

Republican Pete Flores upset Democrat Pete Gallego in a runoff, capturing a reliably blue state Senate seat vacated by a former lawmaker sentenced to 12 years in prison on federal fraud charges.

San Antonio Democratic Sen. Carlos Uresti resigned in June after being convicted of helping an oilfield service company he co-owned run a Ponzi scheme. His term expires in 2020, and the district stretches from Democrat-heavy San Antonio to the Big Bend.

Gallego, a former congressman and state representative, and Flores, an ex-game warden who lost to Uresti in 2016, advanced to the runoff after none of the eight candidates won a majority of the votes cast during July's opening round of balloting.

Flores victory extends the Republican majority in the Texas Senate to 21-10.

(Associated Press)

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
For some reason......... lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nice.
G*d bless Texas.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You still have 10 Dem senators though.....ya'll need a wall on your northern border too.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'll bet most of them have latino names.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Bit more info.

That is the first time for that district to go to a Republican in 139 years, i.e., since the end of the Reconstruction occupation government.

"Voters elected political newcomer Pete Flores to the Texas Senate on Tuesday, flipping a Democratic district red for the first time in 139 years and bolstering Republicans’ supermajority in the chamber ahead of the November elections."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...7-p-m-in-Senate-District-19-13239398.php

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jeffbird

That is the first time for that district to go to a Republican in 139 years, i.e., since the end of the Reconstruction occupation government.

I hear ya. My fathers side of the family are all in west Texas (Eden/Menard area). They were all devout Democrats but the Democratic party was a whole different animal back in those days. Somewhere along the way the R's and D's switched rolls.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And it hasn't been reported, imagine that!

And yet there ares still folks that think the polls are accurate........imagine that.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
MAGA

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Probably lead story on the network news tonight. Riiiight.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MAGA

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No, for "some reason" this election didn't make the national news.

But, this is a fluke because I just heard on Morning Joe yesterday that Guatemala-born Maya Indian Beto will win against Cruz, and Beto will lead a blue wave this November!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The last two nights the local San Antonio news (CBS) covered the election. Tonight they are silent.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is a significant win. San Antonio is heavily democrat

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This was a significant win in this wide district that stretches from the South Side of San Antonio 500 miles west past Alpine TX. The population out there is so low that really it might as well be just the South Side (~80% lower-income urban Hispanic) and adjacent middle-class Medina County to the west (~45% Hispanic) most of who’s population commute to work in SA.

Flores lost in Bexar 53-45% but won in Medina 82-18%. 45% voting R on the South Side is phenomenal. This special election was ignored by both parties as a done deal until Flores did surprisingly well against two prominent Democrats forcing a runoff against the lead Democrat. The Dems assumed without two D candidates dividing the vote that they would win handily. Their money was in the Beto-Cruz race.

The Republican Party jumped in at that point (July) and backed Flores heavily. Lest we grow complacent here it was still a close call. With the Dems and media mostly ignoring the race as a done deal, voter turnout was way low, Flores inched by 53-47% statewide.

Flores speaks my language; his two top issues are Pro-Life and pro-2nd Amendment. I really like the guy but the big issue wil be whether he wins reelection at the close of his abbreviated term. The Dems will be awake and the Republicans looking to hold on, now THAT is gonna be an election to watch.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We need to win some more!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The fact that George Soros would contribute a million plus to even our local District Attourney race shows just how critical the Democrats regard Texas to the future of this Nation.

I dunno without checking when Flores's term is up, but I would imagine Soros and Rosie Castro are already talking.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 264mag, 40 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,151
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.