Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Schit action,schit chambering and schit brass. The dumber of a fhuqk or Texan that you are,the "better" they are...as this Thread and all others attest. Congratulations?!?

100 NPT's are HILARIOUSLY horrid to boot. Hint.

I "prolly" shoot 6-284's also and a High RPM Six Twat-Six Montucky,wearing a Brux. A Seex Kreedmire will reliably slap THE fhuqk outta a 240 Japperby and make it look easy,mainly because it is. Boolits still matter farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmore,than headstamps. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Mebbe even a few others,in the bore size. All of which,will fhuqking CRUSH a 240 Japperby. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Seex Kreedmire and now you can say you've "seen" one. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

If only Peterson made 240 Japperby brass. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]

I'll not even mention a 224 Kreedmire and 88's wearing a .545BC at 3250fps and 100+++ MOA available on an erector...because it'd be Sensory Overload. Ooops! Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

A "lowly" 20" Seex Grendel Krunchenticker will reliably CRUSH a 240 Japperby. Easy for me to say,if only because I shoot 'em all and then some. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I do very much enjoy the Couchbound Chronicles and Whore Hey's innate ability,to schlep STUPID,to places it's never been before.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!

Let's hope she doesn't "forget" about her Imaginary Pretend Ignore and yet again quantifies,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that she is also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!!!!........................

Well that settles it then.

GB1

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I really enjoy those highly tastefully decorated pirate rifles. They are THE BEST...

Last edited by jorgeI; 09/18/18.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well at least he doesn't have to guess!

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
And here it is. Leupold scope, and I'm shooting Nosler Partitions, too. That ought to send some into orbit...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by jorgeI; 09/20/18.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And here it is. Leupold scope, and I'm shooting Nosler Partitions, too. That ought to send some into orbit...

[Linked Image]

Should have been photographed under water in a nice trout stream, and some nice Krylon pink on the stock would have done wonders. grin

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

[Linked Image]

That is sweet! What scope do you have on it,Jorge?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
VX3 3.5X10X40 I've had for a while. got a good deal on sale awhile back..

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Excellent choice Jorge!

I looked at my loading data and I use two primers in my .240 Wby. The first is a Federal 210 Match with RL-22 (the bullet is a Remington Accutip 95 grain) and the second is a CCI 250 Mag (the bullet is a 100 grain Nosler Partition) with IMR 7828.

This is my .240 Wby,it is a Ruger M 77 (tang safety) and a almost 27" barrel. The scope is a Leupold 4-12x.
[Linked Image]

Maybe a better picture of the rifle.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Beautiful Jorge.

If you get tired of it let me know. Do you still hunt up this way? I'd sure like to buy you lunch sometimes,in thanks for your service to our country.

IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Howdy Doc. No, don't get up there much anymore, maybe once every couple of seasons to hunt with my FIL and I'll let you know if/when I decide to move it.. Elk, I'd be interested in your 100gr Partition load

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While I'm on the subject,I think I'd like to point out the advantages of Jorge's rifle and scope.

It is very light,well under 7 pounds scoped. In spite of the light weight,recoil will be very mild,less than a 270 for sure.

Despite the light weight and low recoil,this thing has a very flat point and shoot trajectory. Sight it in at 250 yards and forget it,just hold center of vitals from point blank to 350 yards. This trajectory allows you to take 99.9 % of the shots in the country where we hunt quickly. No need for rangefinders,christmas tree reticles that fade in low light,or dials that have to be turned.

Furthermore,the Partition is a perfect bullet for such endeavors because it will work on a little deer or a huge wild boar,and it will always expand violently for quick kills. It will almost always exit and leave a blood trail as well.

I can't think of another factory rifle that will offer exactly what this rig does. Maybe a Kimber in 25-06 comes close but the 100 grain 6mm bullet has better ballistics than the 100 grain in .257.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 09/20/18.
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd like so see some loads!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Sorry Jorge it is the 95 grain Nosler Partition.

53.5 grains of IMR 7828,CCI 250 Mag primer. From my rifle the average velocity is 3365 fps.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Jorge, 10 twist will stabilize 100 gr NPT, at least in my .240.

I'm using MRP, practically an RL-22 clone. When I get home from the office, I'll get you the load.

I haven't tried RL-26, but want to. I recently got an 8# jug; I was that impressed with it in other rounds, like the 7RM.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

[Linked Image]

You hit the nicely figured wood jackpot...

That's way better than average...

Congrats.

DF

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I went ahead and picked it up for a good price.

You are no stranger to Wby's. What was your initial aversion?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Used one for several years, like the chambering. mine was a ULW, shot excellent.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Reloder28

small bore.
And thanks for the loads, folks..

Last edited by jorgeI; 09/20/18.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Reloder28

small bore.
And thanks for the loads, folks..

Little but it bites...

DF

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,140 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,238
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.