I wasn't aware that chainsaws used oil filters. lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by funshooter
I got tired of burning up gas saws.

I cut a lot when I cut and then it just sits and all the rubber in them go's.

I went threw 4 electric saws they just do not make them to hold up to real work.

I got talked into buying an Husky electric for around $350 if my memory is correct.

I burned it up cutting two small trees a China Berry maybe 16" dia. and a young Pecan close to 8" dia.

I just bought a Stihl MS311 with an 3/8 X .050 chain

I get to see how long this one will last.

I did buy there premix fuel so it will not be the fuel that crocks it if it go's.

Damn good saw, used mine last night and will be using it again to cut this winters fire wood supply at the cabin this weekend. Enjoy!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I might try a Maketa EA6100, its about the same price as a Husqvarna saw with the same horsepower but its rpms are higher

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I might try a Maketa EA6100, its about the same price as a Husqvarna saw with the same horsepower but its rpms are higher

Made by dolmar

Something clever here.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In my experience the huskies hold up a lot better and most of the hard coor still guys i know have never tried anything else.

I would not go that far...I was a die hard Husky user falling tree's for a living and at the time,the Husky had the best power to weight ratio for someone using a saw all day long...The Stihls are bullet proof under heavy use while the Husky is good,it does not stack up to the abuse a Stihl can take..Heck,I have 5 Stihls now..Can't seem to get rid of saws anymore and I'm a junkie for good deals on saws tthat someone sells cheap because they think it's got issues.

By the way on logging,cutting logs is not by far the hardest job in the woods..Hooking off a tong jammer is by far harder than any of the other jobs logging.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Older the better. Especially with Husky. You guys must know a vacuum company named Electrolux makes husky. Thought I should mention that.

Electrolux does not have much to do with Husqvarna engineering and design. The company introduced a powerful lightweight saw in 1959 in Europe. Hopefully the corporation doesn't make any bonehead decisions in the future.

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have had the same 455 Rancher for over ten years now if memory serves me. I went with the 20" bar. I have cut untold cords of wood with it through the years, as it's my only source of heat. Aside from routine maintenance every year (i.e. filters, plug, ect.,) as well as a new bar from time to time, and sharpening/replacing chains, it has held up well. That being said, I think either the same year, or the year after, my buddy bought a Stihl "Farm Boss." I can't remember the numerical model designation, but its about the same size. We cut a lot of wood together, and his has held up just as well and has had about the same amount of use. Frankly, I think its comparing apples to apples. Both brands put out quality saws.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by J23
I have had the same 455 Rancher for over ten years now if memory serves me. I went with the 20" bar. I have cut untold cords of wood with it through the years, as it's my only source of heat. Aside from routine maintenance every year (i.e. filters, plug, ect.,) as well as a new bar from time to time, and sharpening/replacing chains, it has held up well. That being said, I think either the same year, or the year after, my buddy bought a Stihl "Farm Boss." I can't remember the numerical model designation, but its about the same size. We cut a lot of wood together, and his has held up just as well and has had about the same amount of use. Frankly, I think its comparing apples to apples. Both brands put out quality saws.

Of course they are both decent brands of saws.

It's just a matter of how bad you wanna insult someone else for exercising their freedom of choice with their own money for buying what they want.

Fords/Chevys

Stihl/Husqvarna

Beans/No beans

laugh

It is quite entertaining to see how ignorant some people really are though. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7 STW
And you being an idiot or trying to start a pissing match. Either way I have more experience in the bush working than all on this thread combined including Big Stick. So flame the [bleep] on

What a stupid thing to say.

You obviously think very highly of yourself.

Big Stick is a dick. But I have seen a couple of his video's, he ain't stupid, or a poser.

However, you make your statement. I have been running saws since I was around 10.
And I am a whole lot older than that. Do you work 8 hour days or 12? More? How many do I work?
How many decades?

I haven't been logging in years. You didn't know that. Some here may have more experience than you.

Grow the hell up!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.