Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Shrap, you a young earth guy too?

Who I am is not as important as the people getting screwed by having TRH as their defense attorney...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
TRH, The Giraffe video explains nothing. A bunch of know-it-alls in the "science community" have GUESSED that it must be an evolutionary relapse for the looping nerve because they have no explanation for it, you know why? Because they never created the damned giraffe and pick option A out of thin air and pontificate their findings as fact, not unlike the armies of arm chair quarterbacks from any venue you could think of. A lot of similarities to poosy hatted liberals, wait! I'll betcha they are liberals - after all, they know everything there is to know about everything and just like liberals, they blow a fucqing gasket if you dare challenge their theory based facts.

Truth is there is one type of evolution that can be exclusively called a FACT and that is creation based evolution. You know, genetically engineered evolution like plant foods and designer dogs. That is verifiable. That is something that is undeniable because humans were making the modifications under whatever recordable media you wish to investigate.

Never met an atheist who wasn't a know it all with damn near any subject you could bring up. If you want to make a measuring stick your god, be my guest! But any theory you subscribe to is actually as faith based as any religious zealot's explanations.

NO one walking the earth has any FACTS about our origins, just faith, theory and BS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol. I don’t look at his drivel.

Just curious if you adhere to the young earth belief.

I personally have no issue witnessing and believing in both a creator and evolution.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Ringman - ya think it's possible that you could be more careful about how you quote me?

And If you're accusing me of being brainwashed, I find that kind of funny. The way I see it, you literalists are brainwashed, and so are the atheists.

If you so want to take Genesis literally, how about this passage?

Gen. 4:10
"But the LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground!

You suppose that was audible? What exactly do you think that phrase means?

Or - how about this...

Psalm 19:1-2
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. "

I have yet to hear a recording of "sky speech" - but atheists should pay closer attention to what the heavens have been telling us. BTW - what do you think we should do about this passage, in light of what the heavens have been teaching us about the age of the universe and its beginning?

In 1956 a couple guys received the Nobel prize for discovering the earth "groans". Let me see. Where did I read about that? O yea. It's in Romans. But to answer your foolish question..... You anthropomorphize God. You think the Creator of the universe is limited to the senses you experience?

FFS, seriously?! I take that apology back, you truly are a moron.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have struggled many years over the evolution versus creativity thing, even though I believe in God, and I believe the account in Genesis. I've thought times that there is sufficient evidence, and I use that term for lack of a better word, to consider that there may be more to the Biblical account of things than meets the eye. But...here is what I know and what I believe.......this world and everything in it is just too perfect to have just happened. The seasons, the sun, the moon, the stars, the plants, the animals.......everything, I just don't think it just happened to have evolved that way, I believe there is a superior being who made it all happen.

I have been out hunting many times, and watched the sun come up, and thought that there has to be a God, because this world is just too perfect, everything fitting together like pieces of puzzle. So, even though the theory of evolution is a very compelling one, I think the evidence that God has presented to us, is just too much to resist.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I personally have no issue witnessing and believing in both a creator and evolution.

If that's the case, why would you classify the defense of evolution as drivel?

PS We agree on the point you make above, apart from the suggestion that scientific defenses of evolution theory constitute drivel.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have struggled many years over the evolution versus creativity thing, even though I believe in God, and I believe the account in Genesis. I've thought times that there is sufficient evidence, and I use that term for lack of a better word, to consider that there may be more to the Biblical account of things than meets the eye. But...here is what I know and what I believe.......this world and everything in it is just too perfect to have just happened. The seasons, the sun, the moon, the stars, the plants, the animals.......everything, I just don't think it just happened to have evolved that way, I believe there is a superior being who made it all happen.
Study geology and you will discover that the placid state of things on our planet while we live here in our current time wasn't always the case. Such placid conditions come and go on the geologic time scale. Life has prospered for millions of years, then suddenly been almost completely wiped out. Research "The Great Dying," i.e., The Permian–Triassic Extinction, or "Snowball Earth," or the Cretaceous Extinction. There have been many such occurrences. We are living in a very nice respite from all that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The human mind can’t comprehend eternity, it is all as one day with God, time is only measured by man...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel

time is only measured by man...

I was wondering if someone was going to bring that up.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Evolution deesn't require "devotion" to be accepted as a reality, as it's quite evident to anyone who's not pre-scientific in his thinking.

PS Is it your belief, based on your reading of the Bible, that women become pregnant by merely knowing a man?

"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain ..." - Genesis 4:1

Remember, you have to take it plainly and literally. You're not allowed to apply your knowledge about how conception happens, filling in any gaps in the text with information about eggs, sperm, zygotes, etc., otherwise you're doubting the plain and literal word of God, and damnation will surely follow.

It seems you are trying to use the King James Bible translated in 1611 instead of The New American Standard which is modern to make a foolish point. The new Bible use "had relations". Repent.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4winds

NO one walking the earth has any FACTS about our origins, just faith, theory and BS!

this in my opinion and understanding is the basis of very hardcore philosophy.

we don't know where we are from, we don't even know where we are, and for certain we don't know where we are going next.

all else is conjecture. we're putting together the conclusions from our perceptions and observations the best we can. are we on the right track? who could possibly know for sure?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Evolution deesn't require "devotion" to be accepted as a reality, as it's quite evident to anyone who's not pre-scientific in his thinking.

PS Is it your belief, based on your reading of the Bible, that women become pregnant by merely knowing a man?

"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain ..." - Genesis 4:1

Remember, you have to take it plainly and literally. You're not allowed to apply your knowledge about how conception happens, filling in any gaps in the text with information about eggs, sperm, zygotes, etc., otherwise you're doubting the plain and literal word of God, and damnation will surely follow.
It seems you are trying to use the King James Bible translated in 1611 instead of The New American Standard which is modern to make a foolish point. The new Bible use "had relations". Repent.
How very progressive of you to allow Bibles in your home other than the good old King James Version.

You are aware, I assume, that your favorite Bible translation, The New American Standard Bible, says that Jesus is fallen from heaven, right? That's Satanic. Perhaps you should stick with the good old King James, like I do.

"“How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!" - NASB

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" - KJV

Jesus is the Morning Star (Revelations 2:28), and your favorite Bible translation says he's thrown from heaven, i.e., that Jesus is Lucifer.

This is just one of many of the subtle Satanic deceptions found in that translation.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A very common observance by people who have entered another realm, either by NDE experience or the introduction of certain chemicals into their bodies, is the absence of time there.

It's interesting to me that the Bible mentions time as being relative a couple of Millennia before Einstein started thinking along the same line.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I’ve pointed out before that explaining our origin, and evolution, requires the one doing the explaining to grab huge chunks of TIME and insert them at points favorable to their conclusions.

Meanwhile, other portions of the Scientific Community tell us that tome is not a constant and may not even exist as we use it.

I’ve caught samples while drilling oil wells and I’ve seen countless little sea shells being circulated to the surface from thousands of feet below the surface of the earth, so there can be no question in my mind about there being a vast ocean once where there are now hills, valleys, and desert.

And that is ALL I can surmise from the evidence.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I’ve pointed out before that explaining our origin, and evolution, requires the one doing the explaining to grab huge chunks of TIME and insert them at points favorable to their conclusions.

Meanwhile, other portions of the Scientific Community tell us that tome is not a constant and may not even exist as we use it.

I’ve caught samples while drilling oil wells and I’ve seen countless little sea shells being circulated to the surface from thousands of feet below the surface of the earth, so there can be no question in my mind about there being a vast ocean once where there are now hills, valleys, and desert.

And that is ALL I can surmise from the evidence.

I think time exists *here*,..and that it's impossible to imagine an existence without time. But as mentioned, people who have gone into another realm then come back almost universally describe it as a place where there's no time.

Here's a video I've posted before of Steve Gardipee describing his NDE after he was shot down while flying a Loach in Vietnam. The entire video is worth hearing. He goes into a lot of depth. But at the 15:57 mark he just casually mentions that "There's no time up there, so it was an instant, it was a million years'.

You hear that theme over and over from many people who have such an experience.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

How very progressive of you to allow Bibles in your home other than the good old King James Version.

You are aware, I assume, that your favorite Bible translation, The New American Standard Bible, says that Jesus is fallen from heaven, right? That's Satanic. Perhaps you should stick with the good old King James, like I do.

"“How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!" - NASB

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" - KJV

Jesus is the Morning Star (Revelations 2:28), and your favorite Bible translation says he's thrown from heaven, i.e., that Jesus is Lucifer.

This is just one of many of the subtle Satanic deceptions found in that translation.

I maintained what you are saying for years. The KJV is wrong.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

That was great, Bristoe. Thanks for posting it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Do you really want to leave a record of being a willful liar?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Do you really want to leave a record of being a willful liar?

You are making no sense. About what am I a liar?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Ringman - ya think it's possible that you could be more careful about how you quote me?

And If you're accusing me of being brainwashed, I find that kind of funny. The way I see it, you literalists are brainwashed, and so are the atheists.

If you so want to take Genesis literally, how about this passage?

Gen. 4:10
"But the LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground!

You suppose that was audible? What exactly do you think that phrase means?

Or - how about this...

Psalm 19:1-2
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. "

I have yet to hear a recording of "sky speech" - but atheists should pay closer attention to what the heavens have been telling us. BTW - what do you think we should do about this passage, in light of what the heavens have been teaching us about the age of the universe and its beginning?

In 1956 a couple guys received the Nobel prize for discovering the earth "groans". Let me see. Where did I read about that? O yea. It's in Romans. But to answer your foolish question..... You anthropomorphize God. You think the Creator of the universe is limited to the senses you experience?

If I am anthropomorphizing God, why is he telling Cane to listen?

And you didn't answer my question about Psalm 19:1-2. What do we do with that? The heavens have been revealing a tale of a definite beginning....billions of years ago (by our measure). To deny this suggests that Satan has unlimited power to overrule God's vast message. He is the great deceiver - but that's giving him too much credit, I think. To go that far, we'd have to allow that he has the power to corrupt the word and the laws of God.

At this point in my studies, I have to question which God is greater - the God who is the ultimate conjurer, or the God who is all-knowing, to and beyond the point that he can design a system that works in ways we are just beginning to understand through science - in some ways that by most expectations should be impossible. I suspect that these two versions of God are one and the same - but it is we who are seeing him differently. A God who can design the working biological cell is infinitely wise and powerful, in my current perception. But to one who remains ignorant or refuses to give credit to science, He would still look like the ultimate magician. I'm perfectly willing to accept that I may be wrong, but I find it really hard to believe that God would encourage us to learn about his creation, make it uncannily accommodating to discovery, and then expect us to disbelieve what we see.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.