Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
"While I'm on the subject,I think I'd like to point out the advantages of Jorge's rifle and scope.

It is very light,well under 7 pounds scoped. In spite of the light weight,recoil will be very mild,less than a 270 for sure.

Despite the light weight and low recoil,this thing has a very flat point and shoot trajectory. Sight it in at 250 yards and forget it,just hold center of vitals from point blank to 350 yards. This trajectory allows you to take 99.9 % of the shots in the country where we hunt quickly. No need for rangefinders,christmas tree reticles that fade in low light,or dials that have to be turned.

Furthermore,the Partition is a perfect bullet for such endeavors because it will work on a little deer or a huge wild boar,and it will always expand violently for quick kills. It will almost always exit and leave a blood trail as well.

I can't think of another factory rifle that will offer exactly what this rig does. Maybe a Kimber in 25-06 comes close but the 100 grain 6mm bullet has better ballistics than the 100 grain in .257."

Rural Doc; what a well phrased, well thought out and eloquent comment.

All the best.

GRF

BP-B6

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fhuqking HILARIOUS Dumbfhuqktitude,extolled obliviously...by Couchbound Kchunts doing their BEST. Laffin'!

Hunnert NPT at 3400fps ala Whore Hey! Japperby. Hint.

[Linked Image]

A "lowly" Seex Kreedmire and a 108 ELD M(pardon my only having 3 rifles,so chambered). Pardon the NEARLY full ONE inch of trajectory "difference",at the "vaunted" 350yd line,by Plentyofcocs. I'm not even gonna mention BC or wind,a short action,or farrrrrrr less powder consumption,let alone vastly SUPERIOR brass and the Accuracy/Precision advantage,conjoined with much lesser ES/SD values or FUN. Hint. Laffin'

[Linked Image]

Prolly toted a Six Twat-Six a smidge today...though I'd not wanna knock any of the SWEET "Satisfactions" offa Whore Hey's! Japperby and The BIG "ADVENTURE",of it being schlepped from her Soccer Mom Bitch Mobile,to her fhuqking couch. If only because that's ALL "The Outdoors" it will ever fhuqking "experience"! LAFFIN'!

Perhaps you Do NOTHING Kchunts can "convince" yourselves,that Montucky's are "heavy" and there are Blued/Walnut "advantages",along with Retard Twist Rates and Dog Schit Boolits...not to mention scopes that track,hold zero,return to same,have a reticle that'll "only" reach the 1300yd+++ line and bolster a VASTLY superior mounting system to boot?!? You know,if only for fhuqking Starters. Laffin'!

So as to avoid confusion,for you fhuqking Drooling DUMB Fhuqks. hInt.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

105 Hornie HPBT's at 3375fps(da' 8" Brux ain't anywhere NEAR 26 STUPID Fhuqking inches in length). Hint.

[Linked Image]

The ONLY thing you Whining Kchunts "shoot",is your mouths and Imaginations. Pardon Reality yet again colliding with your Fantasy,as I simply shoot it all and then some,so am afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint. Laffin'!

Pluralcoc's sage "wisdom",was simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Points awarded,for another Drooler "endorsing" same,as you gal's version of "knowledge","experience" and "results",is never not Fhuqking HILARIOUS +P+!!! Laffin'!

GREAT Time for you "Hard Chargers" to "quantify" your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,by reiterating that besides being CLUELESS Fhuqks,you are also Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit! You go girl!!!

Pardon the Hurricane,robbing Splendor from Splendid Pixels.

[Linked Image]

Bless your hearts for TRYING so hard.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

(Addendum for another Drooler TRYIN')

Trajectory is Physics...wind is Vudoo(pun intended,because I have a Brace) and them who only "shoot" their mouths and Imaginations,will hurriedly align to corroborate same(obliviously). Hint.

Laffin'!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awful lotta typing and masturbation to justify a 3 inch difference in drop at 700 yards and to extol the virtues of Kimber's stubby little PVC deckpost.

Good looking bunch of salmonids...……………...but, DUDE...……….change your phone wallpaper...…………...

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laffin' !!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think ol' Boxer must've given up on the 243. He's always talkin' this "Seex Kreedmire" up now. I'll Stick (no pun intended) by the now uncool 243 Winchester myself.

IC B2

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What does "japperby" mean I wonder. Maybe " Boxer" that I'm sure his only "boxing" had to do with a losing effort whilst trying to punch out of a wet paper bag) will splain the meaning of this term or maybe his husband/father/gnome of the year sockpuppet "Big (pardon me whilst I snicker at "big" anything with this midget) Stick will chime in. And OH! I forgot to add, just received a birthday present from my buddy Pugs consisting of Peterson Brass for my 243, I must say, BEST brass ever!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well jorge, now that Boxer has weighed in, you can use that as a contra-indicator and know you've made the right decision to snag that .240

You know I'm not a Weatherby fan, but damn! That one looks nice!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Well jorge, now that Boxer has weighed in, you can use that as a contra-indicator and know you've made the right decision to snag that .240

Thank you and of course that is my philosophy.. PS: I think you might just like this one... smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Thank you and of course that is my philosophy.. PS: I think you might just like this one... smile

I think it would be hard to NOT like that one...

DF

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Fotis
[Linked Image]

This is hilarious!!!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I think Ingwe would like that one, who wouldn't.

If he had one, it would be his BIG gun... wink

He could lose his Stunt Shooters card if he used it too much... grin

DF

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Boxer
Fhuqking HILARIOUS Dumbfhuqktitude,extolled obliviously...by Couchbound Kchunts doing their BEST. Laffin'!

Hunnert NPT at 3400fps ala Whore Hey! Japperby. Hint.

[Linked Image]

A "lowly" Seex Kreedmire and a 108 ELD M(pardon my only having 3 rifles,so chambered). Pardon the NEARLY full ONE inch of trajectory "difference",at the "vaunted" 350yd line,by Plentyofcocs. I'm not even gonna mention BC or wind,a short action,or farrrrrrr less powder consumption,let alone vastly SUPERIOR brass and the Accuracy/Precision advantage,conjoined with much lesser ES/SD values or FUN. Hint. Laffin'

[Linked Image]

Prolly toted a Six Twat-Six a smidge today...though I'd not wanna knock any of the SWEET "Satisfactions" offa Whore Hey's! Japperby and The BIG "ADVENTURE",of it being schlepped from her Soccer Mom Bitch Mobile,to her fhuqking couch. If only because that's ALL "The Outdoors" it will ever fhuqking "experience"! LAFFIN'!

Perhaps you Do NOTHING Kchunts can "convince" yourselves,that Montucky's are "heavy" and there are Blued/Walnut "advantages",along with Retard Twist Rates and Dog Schit Boolits...not to mention scopes that track,hold zero,return to same,have a reticle that'll "only" reach the 1300yd+++ line and bolster a VASTLY superior mounting system to boot?!? You know,if only for fhuqking Starters. Laffin'!

So as to avoid confusion,for you fhuqking Drooling DUMB Fhuqks. hInt.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

105 Hornie HPBT's at 3375fps(da' 8" Brux ain't anywhere NEAR 26 STUPID Fhuqking inches in length). Hint.

[Linked Image]

The ONLY thing you Whining Kchunts "shoot",is your mouths and Imaginations. Pardon Reality yet again colliding with your Fantasy,as I simply shoot it all and then some,so am afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint. Laffin'!

Pluralcoc's sage "wisdom",was simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Points awarded,for another Drooler "endorsing" same,as you gal's version of "knowledge","experience" and "results",is never not Fhuqking HILARIOUS +P+!!! Laffin'!

GREAT Time for you "Hard Chargers" to "quantify" your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,by reiterating that besides being CLUELESS Fhuqks,you are also Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit! You go girl!!!

Pardon the Hurricane,robbing Splendor from Splendid Pixels.

[Linked Image]

Bless your hearts for TRYING so hard.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

(Addendum for another Drooler TRYIN')

Trajectory is Physics...wind is Vudoo(pun intended,because I have a Brace) and them who only "shoot" their mouths and Imaginations,will hurriedly align to corroborate same(obliviously). Hint.

Laffin'!

No offense, Boxer, but did you intend to use a 257 100 gr partition in that first table or a 243/6mm?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No in the 257 he used to use the blue meanies. And a lot of sucks 700's

Last edited by Fotis; 09/21/18.

μολὼν λαβέ

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Weatherby brass, 100 Nosler partition, 3.151” OA (or base to ogive with Hornady tool) of 3.732”. 52 grs of IMR 4831 and CCI 200 for 3300 fps from a 24” MK V.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
First sighting in with factory 100gr Weatherby soft points (Norma Oryx?) Brass and components arrive this week.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Looks like ya got some potential there...

Should be interesting.

DF

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
First sighting in with factory 100gr Weatherby soft points (Norma Oryx?) Brass and components arrive this week.

[Linked Image]

Hornady 100 grain spire points?

Good shooting Jorge!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.