Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
The Philippine-made Burris Fullfield II's are at least as good as the U.S. version.

When Burris moved the production overseas, they did not just "contract" with some Asian company to make a similar scope. Instead they provided the same machinery, and taught the people over there how to use it. The very first Phillipine Burris 3-9x40 FFII I tried was slightly better, in small but noticeable ways, than my last USA version of the same scope.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Shameless plug, I have a Burris FFII in the classifieds. A very solid scope, I just don’t have a rifle for it.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The discontinued USA made Burris Signature Select scopes are as good as any Louie I ever looked through. You can still buy those with the Steiner name on them for over twice the price. I have a 30mm tube E1 on my lightweight ‘06 that I am pleased with. I have thinned my Leupold herd considerably. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Kenjs1- Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with this scope! Was looking at it recently and was hoping you could comment on the reticle.

How thick would you estimate the thin section is? Is is considerably thicker than the thin portion of the standard leupold Duplex? What about the center illuminate dot, would you be able to estimate what that subtends at 100yds, roughly?

I was contemplating this for a multipurpose rifle and did not want a reticle that would be too thick for small targets (eg ground hogs and the like) at ranges out to 200 yds or so.

Thanks!!

Bob

kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bob,
I know others use and like Burris stuff and am willing to bet someone has the subtends measured already. Come on guys- help this brother out !

Groundhogs at 200.....hmm.... I was only looking at 100 yds and am sure it would be good there but am thinking the the E1 ballistic plex might be a better option. Hoping someone with more experience can chime in.

For myself I might give it a shot with the 3p#4 but would hate for you to consider that as 'my word'.

Here is a link to a pic through the scope.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13151256/2

The dot in the photo looks way huge compared to real life but it does show how thin the other portion is accurately- I don't think you have a worry there. If anything I think it thinner than a Leupold duplex but it has been a while since I used one of those. I have the B and C reticle and could compare the thinner sections when I get home if that would help. .

Here is another, and I think better demo, of it the same basic reticle that gives a good idea of what the 3-9 looks like. This is not a 3-9 but gives a good idea.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Thanks for the heads up on these. Im visiting the US at the moment and have purchased one to take home for my Browning TBolt .17

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was considering one of these but they seem nearly impossible to find in anything other than a ballistic plex. Would prefer a standard duplex.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Those E1's with duplex reticles weren't made for very long. I got one on close out from natchezss.com about 4 years ago and wish I'd bought more.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Snow- have you tried a #4 ? Once I did I never cared to see another standard duplex.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
The illuminated #4 on sale from Natchez is excellent. Now I'm wanting a few more .

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Snow- have you tried a #4 ? Once I did I never cared to see another standard duplex.

I think I have an old Leupold like that. I wouldn't mind something along those lines, just don't like the BDC on the E1.

Originally Posted by Remington280
The illuminated #4 on sale from Natchez is excellent. Now I'm wanting a few more .

Hmmmmmm. I wonder if the illuminated model carries the same warranty? I usually avoid options like that but if it's covered that might be a good option....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by shootem
Those E1's with duplex reticles weren't made for very long. I got one on close out from natchezss.com about 4 years ago and wish I'd bought more.

I have a note from Burris saying they'll change the reticle to standard duplex for $60. I think that's a lot less expensive than what Leupold is now charging.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As far as I can tell it has the same 'Forever Warranty' as other Burris scopes. I am not a big fan of the E1 ballistic reticle either - but the illuminated dot 3p#4 is the shiz!

. Confucius
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah when I bought my E1 with duplex I was planning on letting them change it out for a heavy duplex. Then when I had the scope in hand and called CS was told they no longer did the heavy on anything. But it was still listed on the website as available. Can't complain though. Got it for I think $169 and it's a real deal for that. $149 for the #4 Illuminated is stealing.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
The 50mm e1 is an extra 10 percent off today at natchez

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Mounted the one I got on a M70 300wm and went to the range to sight it in today and do some load development.
I had a Vortex Diamond Back HP 3-12x42mm on this rifle previously and I just haven't been happy with the Vortex since the first time I looked threw it when mounted on a rifle. Anyway the Burris E1 is a step up in glass quality and I could see my shots clearly at 100yds on the target where I had to use a spotting scope to clearly see my groups since the groups looked fuzzy even with the side focus adjusted on the Vortex.

kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Peterbilt- same experience when I took mine in the field and why I still hang on to my original 6x40 Fullfield. Glass is just so nice.

Very glad so many are enjoying the deal and happy with the scopes. I am officially blown away by them. if I had any spare change...( right, like saying EXTRA money) I would buy another or pick up the little 2-7x35 for my sons Marlin.

. Confucius
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I pulled the trigger and got one on the way. After reading the reviews and can't beat the price figured why not. Should get it monday, going on a 30-06 I haven't used in awhile and was thinking of selling. So will mount it up and use it this deer season.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I broke down and ordered one as well, even got a 10% off coupon. Can't wait to check it out.

Last edited by snowboardguy; 09/30/18.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Got it today, been playing around with it, all I can say is Wow what a nice scope! Very clear and bright. Really like the #4 illuminated reticle. Will be great in darker woods. So impressed may either get another or even get a 3x9x50, that would go on a 223 rifle. Hard to beet for this price!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.