Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The All New 6.5 Winchester Super Creedmoor Magnum (WSCM)
- SNN, Shooter's News Network

Sept 28, 2018 - Winchester announced today that it is releasing a new series of cartridges based on original engineering designs. The new Winchester Super Creedmoor Magnum (WSCM) cartridges will be unveiled at the SHOT Show early next year.

Not much is known about the new cartridges except that Winchester engineers have increased the size of all bullets, so they will match up with the word "super" in the name.

Pictured below is an old fashioned 6.5 Creedmoor beside the all new 6.5 Winchester Super Creedmoor Magnum (WSCM). Three things that limited the old Hornady Creedmoor design have been successfully addressed, according to a company spokesman.

[Linked Image]

The first improvement is redefining the 6.5 bullet. Traditional 6.5s are incapable of taking large game because of their small diameter. Starting next year, all 6.5mm bullets manufactured by Winchester will be 10mm in diameter. In other words, all 6.5mm bullets produced by Winchester will mic 10mm. 10mm is the new 6.5 millimeter. This change was a joint development with the European Union. The EU authorized a 50% increase in the size of the millimetre. It is unclear how this will affect US manufacturers, but companies in the US are expected to follow suit and increase bullet sizes by 50% to match the Europeans.

The new standard will improve killing power in the field.

The second improvement involves standardizing case shapes, making them bigger or smaller, to align with current designs. (See below). A new universal standard was tested and approved by the International Standards Organization. An ISO spokesman told SNN that standards work. Since the original Creedmoor cartridge was already accurate, making it bigger will make it more accurate, and also more accurate at longer ranges.

All future cartridges will conform to a simple standard. No rims. Power dependent on cartridge capacity. 25 degree shoulders.

Below are some of the new ISO approved cartridges. From left - the 4.35mm (6.5mm) Super Creedmoor Magnum Hornet, 5.56mm (8.35mm) Super Creedmoor Magnum Remington, 6.5mm (10mm) Winchester Super Creedmoor Magnum, 6.5mm (10mm) Super Nosler Creedmoor Magnum, 8.89mm (13.35mm) Super Remington Creedmoor Magnum.

[Linked Image]

The third development is a 10 year plan to convert all inch/US/UK cartridges over to metric. For example, by 2028, it will be illegal to sell or refer to a 30-06 as a 30-06. It must be referred to as the 7.62x63mm SCM (Super Creedmoor Magnum). With the approved 50% increase in millimetre size, the 7.62 becomes an 11.45mm, so the 30-06 will be renamed the 11.45x63mm Super Creedmoor Magnum.

The World Cartridge Organization (WCO) expects some initial resistance, but a special branch of the BATF is being formed to help with the conversions and prosecute any businesses or individuals who fail to comply.

A BATF spokesman said, "We are confident that US citizens will take to the new changes, especially those hunters and shooters from Texas. The 11.45x63mm Super Creedmoor Magnum sounds bigger and more powerful than the old fashioned 30-06. We're also happy that they decided to make all the bullet points red. Most of our agents thought it was a nice touch."

- 2018, SNN (Shooter's News Network)

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Remington also came up with a version, but setting a new record (even for them) they orphaned it before it even reached the marketplace.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now that is funny [bleep]!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Creedmoor News from Around the US

Congress Considering New National Holiday - June 21st - National Creedmoor Day

SNN - Congress is close to declaring June 21st as National Creedmoor Day. The Creedmoor range, the place that gave the Creedmoor cartridges their name, officially opened on June 21, 1873.

Senior Texas Senator and Republican Senate Majority Whip, John Cornyn, proposed the new holiday, saying it is a long overdue and fills a void in the US holiday schedule. Cornyn noted that the only holiday in June is Father's Day,

President Trump was quoted as saying that he likes the idea of a summer holiday, "Because we never had many summer holidays growing up." The President instructed Congress to look into giving Creedmoor owners tax exempt status.

"I never knew any Creedmoors growing up." the President said. "I did know some Abernathys'"

Reporters asked how long the president has been thinking about this holiday.

"For a while. Like two or three times. Maybe more. It's what I do when I am not doing other things that I do, even on weekends" Trump said.

Creedmoor is the Most Popular Baby Name - USCB

ANA - The Census Bureau released its stats for the first six months of 2018, saying that Creedmoor is now the most popular boy's baby name, and the third most popular girl's name for 2018.

Ruger to Change Corporate Name to Creedmoor Arms?

Connecticut company Sturm, Ruger & Co., better known to the world as Ruger, may be changing it's name to Creedmoor Arms.

According to two documents leaked to the media, this has been under consideration by Ruger's boardroom for two years. Any Ruger employees wishing to change their last name legally to Creedmoor will receive help from Ruger's legal department. The company will also pick up the $225 tab, paid as court costs. In Connecticut, changing your name is a straightforward process that involves filing a petition requesting the change and a background check.

Creedmoor Actually an Alien Name
- National Alien Intelligencer Magazine

According to ancient alien theorists, the name Creedmoor was brought to earth thousands of years ago, and is actually the name of a class of alien warriors, the Creedmoors. Stone carvings of the Creedmoor Annunakis have been unearthed in several places around the globe. The name was actually brought here from somewhere out in space before the birth of Christ.

(below) Ancient alien warrior Creedmoor Annunakis praising the lord and passing the ammunition.

[Linked Image]

Cereal Company to Launch new Breakfast Treat

SNN - Food giant Generl Mills is gunning for your breakfast dollars with the launch of their latest cereal 'Creedmoor-os'.

"We're setting our sights on, pun intended, our competition." said a GM spokesman. "Good nutrition is an important part of a hunter or shooter's daily routine. Creedmoor-os has more vitamins and good things in it than any other cereal, bar none!"

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

New Religion Launched!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's a phemomim...phenimin...a real thing!

[Linked Image]

Little known Creedmoor facts

1. Gun shop employees who drop 6.5mm bullets on the floor, yell out, "Creedmoor!" to ward off evil spirits.
2. In mathematics, multiplying pi times two is called 'a Creedmoor', or a factoring of Creedmoor.
3. Zak Bagans, star of Ghost Adventures, wears a 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge around his neck as a good luck charm.
4. In several African languages, Creedmoor is a word meaning 7.
5. The Scottish have long claimed the Americans stole the name Creedmoor. Scotland boasts not one, but two Creed Moors. The moors are mystical places where magic and evil are found.
6. The Creedmoor was the name of a car made by US inventor John Alexander Creedmoor. His company closed in the early 1900s after only 6.5 cars were made.
7. Edgar Allan Poe died never knowing the joy of a Creedmoor.

Below - Macbeth on the Creed Moor. Zak Baggans, Edgar Allan Poe, Hunting the Creed Moor.

[Linked Image]... [Linked Image]...[Linked Image]...[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
#1 reminds me of the carrying of a .45-70 cartridge in bear country to hold out, in the manner of a cross before a vampire, when confronted by a bear.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
A good cartridge to carry in bear country, but...

8. Etching your bullets and cases with the number 6.5 guarantees your safety in bear country. Actually, this is a good idea anywhere on the earth that has dangerous game.
9. Donald Trump carries a 6.5 CM cartridge with him at all times to ward off evil.
10. Chuck Norris is powerless against a 6.5CM.
11. Whenever a kangaroo is killed with a 6.5 CM, 100 dingoes gather and howl its passing.
12. Hanging a 6.5 CM cartridge above the door will keep Hillary Clinton out of your house.

[Linked Image]...[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A 6.5CM cartridge, when inserted as a suppository, will cure either constipation or diarrhea as necessary.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
A secret government manufacturing facility in Florida, code-named St. Dark's Powders, produces an unusual formulation used as a propellant in the Creedmoor cartridges. In what can only be described as "unique science", Creedmoor X deflagrates in an unknown way. Physical laws and conventional chemistry do not seem to apply.

Some of the formulations attributes include:

Recoil is reduced as more propellant is ignited;
It burns cooler as more propellant is ignited;
The granular compound turns to carbon dioxide if exposed to the air in its resting state; and
Mixed with xenon, or more specifically, contained within fullerene molecules, it protects and accelerates metals and alloys.

Ancient alien theorists suggest that the technology originated from somewhere in space and was brought to earth by les extraterrestres several years ago. US government officials refer to it as "the new black powder", but it is actually an encapsulated energy source.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I do have a Creedmoor and it is a 257 Roberts...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ah, an original Creedmoor owner.

That's how aliens disguised Creedmoors when they brought them here from outer space. Think about it. Isn't it a strange coincidence that the 257 Roberts over all length is different from the Creedmoor? To the untrained eye, it looks like the two are different, but they are the same!

The first known picture of a Creedmoor, given to Ned Roberts (on right) by aliens. Everyone just thought it was an ordinary rifle...

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
More Creedmoor facts:

1. Dipping an unfired Creedmoor cartridge into polluted water will make it drinkable and sweet tasting.

2. The mysterious, curative properties of the Creedmoor are being studied by scientists. There is mounting evidence that global warming, air pollution in China (and elsewhere), and even poor driving skills can be reduced or eliminated using Creedmoors.

3. Russia and China are trying to copy the Creedmoor cartridge in order to produce their own version. So far, they have been unsuccessful.

4. The strange disappearances of many people, including several celebrities, have been linked to the Creedmoor cartridge. A partial list includes Amelia Earhart, D.B. Cooper, and Jimmy Hoffa. They were directly involved in moving or distributing sample cartridges to influencial people and nations friendly to the US, as far back as the early 1900s. Ancient alien theorists have speculated that WWII might have been prevented had Amelia Earhart managed to deliver her Creedmoor cargo to Australia in 1937. Positioning the cartridges in Oz would have frightened Japan and they would not have attacked Pearl Harbor.

Australia has long been a staunch US ally. Theorists suggest that the loss of an unknown number Creedmoor cartridges and two rifles in the Asia-Pacific region resulted in one of the largest and most expensive search efforts ever mounted by the United States. Amelia Earhart is alleged to have had several crates of Creedmoor cartridges and two Stevens-Niedner rifles in her plane. They were to be delivered to the Australian government and used as a deterrent to the Japanese.

5. In the television show, Star Trek: The Next Generation, the phrase 'Resistance is futile' was actually stolen from the US ambassador's speech to the Emperor of Japan, prior to WWII. The phrase spoken by Joseph Grew to Hirohito was,

"Your Majesty, I regret that any action taken by Japan will result in much sorrow and loss of life. I implore you to walk the high road, or you will force the US into acting to protect its interests. Resistance is futile, Sir."

At the time, the Creedmoor was being studied by Dr. Robert Oppenheimer. From it, came the atomic bomb.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
This photo was taken by a US launched satellite. Accidentally captured, but hidden from the public for over thirty years, you can see thousands of "Creedmoor Capsules" orbiting the earth. Sent to earth by aliens, their purpose is still unknown.

Ancient astronaut theorists suggest that they are a pre-invasion force. A warrior race of aliens, followers of Creedmoor Annunakis, are poised to invade. This group of scouts are getting into our good graces. Let your guard down, theorists speculate, and humanity is in danger of extinction.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My .50 caliber ML is now a 19.05 mm Creedmoor?

Boom!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's all an alien plot.

Seen here, an alien creates A.O. Niedner. A.O. actually stood for Alien Operated, not Adolph Otto. According to ancient alien theorists, he was built in the latter half of the 19th century to instruct men like Ned Roberts and Townsend Whelen in the ways of smokeless powder.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't Edgar Allen Poe pen The case of 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition.

About a man who was lured to his fate trying to obtain a hoard of 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition.

Last edited by Prwlr; 10/29/18.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You sure you're not thinking about his 1846 story, "The Cask of Amontillado"? It might have been inspired by Creedmoors. No one is sure when aliens brought the Creedmoor to earth. One thing we do know is that it was around in the 1800s. The Creedmoor Range stood up in the summer of 1873.

I want to know how ancient alien theorists know it was Creedmoor Annunakis that started everything. Mind you, they are ancient theorists, so with age comes wisdom...or so they say.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I was going to announce my run fot the presidency by purchasing a 6.5 Creedmoor. I messed up by buying the 6.5 Grendel instead. Now my wife is leaving me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,848 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,524
Posts18,452,784
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.