Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Nice rifle, BSA! It looks great and it sounds like it shoots great too. I've got a 7WSM in a MRC/CZ Model 3. I'll have to try out your load recipe one of these days.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Almost stopped reading at "Tikka."

J/K. I am not surprised you'd keep the Model 70, that's what I'd do. In fact, I'd never buy a Tikka (maybe I should not say "never") because I do not like the feel of them. I do not doubt they are very accurate right out of the box, but accuracy is not the only attribute worth considering in a hunting rifle. Even if the Tikka is 0.5 MOA and the Model 70 is 1 MOA, I still choose the Model 70 for its ergonomics, the 3-position safety, the looks and balance, and just the way it feels. For the kind of hunting I do, the difference in accuracy would be meaningless. I know some see it differently, but this is how I see it. To each his own!

Excellent post. I'm glad you said that because that's how I felt, after comparing them side by side. Like I said, the Tikka is a great rifle, but it's not a model 70.

I have T3X's in 22-250, 6.5 CM, 270 Win (T3X Superlite) and a 7-08 Compact. They are all amazing shooters and I do like how the bolts lock down and the they carry pretty decent as well, but laying the 270 Win next to my P64 Fwt 270 really makes me wonder why I have the Tikka.. I do like them and recommend the rifles since they shoot easily, work well and are great rifles.. They are fun to play with though.

I think I get it Scotty.

If I saw a rifle as nothing but a tool---and I mean nothing, then I might well choose the Tikka. No doubt some see it exactly this way, too. And then there are those who see rifles as a bit more than tools. I personally fall into that group.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I've been envisioning the same paint scheme that I did with my 338wm for a long time now and it's finally done. I hope it's the lucky elk rifle this year, but you never know:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Take care guys and good luck with your hunts this year!!!!!

Sure is a good looking rifle.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks buddy. I was just thinking I need to take it out deer hunting. The other thread about the classics, made me think about it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Another very nice Model 70. How did you polish the raceways if you don't mind me asking?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Another very nice Model 70. How did you polish the raceways if you don't mind me asking?

I’m wondering the same thing...

Rob
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I appreciate some things about the Tikka but I just don't like how they carry or point, at all. Ive tried it and just can't do it.

Thanks for the paint recipe, I'm going to try that. I think the contrast of the red pad with the brown is really a cool touch.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by harv3589
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I’m wondering the same thing...

Just like I do my rough ruger 77's wink just a shaped long dowel with fine grit sandpaper on the end of it. Make sure to remove the ejector and bolt stop. I should dig out some pics of before and after. There are more tooling Mark's on these 7 digits, but those can be smoothed out. I also have some pics of the glass bedding, but most of you here have seen how I glass bed a rifle to make them shoot well.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I appreciate some things about the Tikka but I just don't like how they carry or point, at all. Ive tried it and just can't do it.

Thanks for the paint recipe, I'm going to try that. I think the contrast of the red pad with the brown is really a cool touch.

I think you'll like the texture. It's just about right for grip and carrying, and still comfortable while shooting

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice work BSA, just had a machine shop bud cut the threads on a classic stainless boss M-70 in 338 WM, fired 4 into less than an inch and a half at 200 yards this morning with no wind, 250 A-Frames leaving at 2743 from only 22"s of barrel is plenty good enough for me.

Trump Won!
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Nice work BSA, just had a machine shop bud cut the threads on a classic stainless boss M-70 in 338 WM, fired 4 into less than an inch and a half at 200 yards this morning with no wind, 250 A-Frames leaving at 2743 from only 22"s of barrel is plenty good enough for me.

Sounds great.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Sounds great.

I'm liking this rifle BSA, it should only tighten up more with a good 11 degree recess from my 'smith.

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.