•Height: 5.75"
•Width: 1.2"
•Weight: 32.8 oz
•Magazines: (3) 15-Round Magazines
•Sights: Fiber Optic Front Fully Adjustable Target Rear
•Frame: Black Polymer with Changeable Backstraps
•Slide: Forged Steel Melonite® Finish
•Recoil System: One Piece Full Length Guide Rod
Purchase a select new XD, XD Mod.2, XD-S, XD-S Mod.2, XDM or XD-E pistol and receive 3 extra mags, plus a free range bag.
Offer expires Dec 31, 2018

$649.99 (Sportsman's Outdoors Superstore)

4.5" fixed sights $549.99

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nice.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Full 6 inch barrel would be cooler.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I could like that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never owned a 10mm. I've toyed with the idea from time to time, but have never pulled the trigger (so to speak). Which is the better choice--the Springfield or Glock?

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wish S&W would chamber the M&P for the 10mm. A 5" Pro Series with adjustable sights would be the cats ass.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just bought a 40 in an XDM from a bud this weekend and this 10mm was something he mentioned he wished they made in the XDM.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Waders
I've never owned a 10mm. I've toyed with the idea from time to time, but have never pulled the trigger (so to speak). Which is the better choice--the Springfield or Glock?

I got a similar 40 S&W XD Tactical years ago, which has a 5.0" barrel I think. I like the grip contours on the XDs a bit more than the Glock 40 or Glock 20. But my much lighter G27 40 S&W recoils less than my two larger/heavier XD40s with the same ammo. The XDs aren't bad, but for several reasons (some of which I may not appreciate), the Glocks seem to produce less felt recoil than any other handguns I have shot. I added a tungsten guide rod to the XD40 Tactical, but it still recoils a bit more than my smaller/lighter G27 with the same ammo.

The G40 is set up for red-dot sights if you want to go that route. If, like me, you prefer open sights, the XD appears to have better stock sights than the G40 or G20. But I put Meprolight adjustable night sights on my Glocks as soon as I pick them up from the FFL.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've tried three times to fall in love with the XD pistols. Three strikes for me. I'll stay with the Kraut pistol over the Croatian Creation. The triggers are mushy and the reset not so great. Of course, your mileage may vary. I'm all for everyone having the pistol they like best.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm an XD fan. Have had a few, and currently both compacts, the XD-S and the XD Mod 2 Subcompact. They are durn near perfect and I love the grip contour better than the Glock.

Having said that, the most accurate semi-auto plastic fantastic I've ever fired was a Glock Long Slide in .40 cal. So, they do shoot!!!

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I now have 2 EAA Witnesses chambered for 10mm, and relate like them. They are heavy enough to use as a self defense club if you ran out of ammo. Had a Block G20 several years back - will not do that again. I like the 10mm round, and it is nice power to have in a semi-auto. Looking for a 1911 in 10mm now.

Mike Holmes

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
I like the 10mm round, and it is nice power to have in a semi-auto. Looking for a 1911 in 10mm now.

Mike Holmes

You might want to give the DW Bruin a look. It’s one of the nicest man-made objects I own. Search reviews of it. I can’t find any negative comments.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a Glock 40MOS in 10mm. Needed the extra barrel length for legal hunting option. Really wanted a longslide 1911 but could not justify the cost. The glock with new trigger barrel and grip work and the optic is under the base price of a 10mm longslide 1911. The extra length and weight of the 40 made the glock pointable for me. Any other glock is totally unnatural feeling in my hand. After a fair amount of shooting I am impressed with the 10mm. It lives up to the hype and really any supposed downsides have not materialized for me.

I carried the the glock a fair bit. Plenty enough power for any critter I would encounter in my neck of the woods. Really like the high capacity. Rather my weight be in ammo than the gun. Honestly more worried about two legged than four legged threats when I am wondering the trout streams. Good water supply equals good areas to grow pot. Anyways I have developed a want for a more packable 10mm. Don't need an optic on a carry gun. Brother has a 1911 been tempted a couple times to go that route, but the lower capacity has turned me off.

The new Springfield may have solved my problem. Grip angle should solve my glock issues and the capacity will solve the problems with the 1911. Trigger is the only remaining downside. But I have a 9mm XD and a 45 xds. I have grown to deal with their triggers. The 9 was reworked by Springer Precision and is really darn good.

So looks like I need to grow the gun fund somehow.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Waders

This looks like a nice handgun. May have to have one. But my Glock 40 MOS is an outstanding hunting pistol with a nice compact optic and co-witnessing night sights. Very little recoil thanks to the 6" slide and barrel. Even the trigger is better than my 20. Not 1911 capable but better.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have several Dan Wesson’s and love them! Have tossed around the idea of a Bruin for a while. Would def buy one IF we could hunt with a Semi Pistol in PA.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I hope someone shoots it soon and lets me know it really works and is half accurate! The Firearms Blog shot it but said they did not believe in accuracy tests...too funny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoping to find one in the next couple of months. Maybe I can try it out in our Alternative season for deer.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MarkFed
I have several Dan Wesson’s and love them! Have tossed around the idea of a Bruin for a while. Would def buy one IF we could hunt with a Semi Pistol in PA.

After the "big" changs to the legal for hunting laws a year or two ago,
I don't think anyone will live long enough to see it.

But, if you start to see semi auto hunting pistol ads in the rule book (ie. Inlines and crossbows)
then you will know the payoff has been made, and the law will change.

Oops, forgot. You only get the rule book if you buy it now.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am sort of "looking" at a Dan Wesson 10mm right now! Thanks for the actual user info!

Mike Holmes

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 56 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,637
Posts18,455,298
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.