Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Bristoes thread on a fire and his clearing acreage made me think of this video I saw the other day . I'm going to build a couple of these Kill Poles and see if I can rid the shooting lanes of the fast growing yaupon trees . Bushogging twice a year sucks , they just sprout right back up strong as ever here in the swamp jungle .
Thought others might have a use for a $12 tool that kills the unwanted trees/brush on their property or lease .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Velpar.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good info for a stump killer applicator.

I've been using a small paint brush. That looks easier.

I happen to disagree with him on killing brush with it though... Most applications to kill brush (and get a good ratio of kill) is to completely coat the bottom 3 feet of the brush.... clear to the bottom, all the way around the brush/tree.

I find a sprayer works much better. He's correct on the dosage. 1 part Remedy, 3 parts diesel. Doesn't have to be dyed diesel. Just diesel.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I happen to disagree with him on killing brush with it though... Most applications to kill brush (and get a good ratio of kill) is to completely coat the bottom 3 feet of the brush.... clear to the bottom, all the way around the brush/tree.

I find a sprayer works much better. He's correct on the dosage. 1 part Remedy, 3 parts diesel. Doesn't have to be dyed diesel. Just diesel.

is Velpar and/or Remedy available over the counter without an applicator's license?

how about Garlon? somebody told me garlon works pretty good.

or goats.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The curse here is Russian olive. Introduced 80 or 90 years ago as an ornamental, now it's a plague.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus

is Velpar and/or Remedy available over the counter without an applicator's license?

or goats.

What chemicals are regulated to licensed applicators very by state.

Here you can by Remedy OTC.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The curse here is Russian olive. Introduced 80 or 90 years ago as an ornamental, now it's a plague.

I deal with lots of varieties of invasive brush.

If it's tough to kill, I use a mixture of Remedy, Glyphosate, and Sendero. That will kill anything. Anything.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had good luck with ag 40%+ glyphosate.
Chop down and into the tree with an axe, making a pocket. Go the whole way around.
Dribble the glyophsate into the pockets.

It works with easy to get stuff, nothing fancy.

Harder work, but they die.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

or goats.

What chemicals are regulated to licensed applicators very by state.

Here you can by Remedy OTC.

got'cha. looks like remedy & garlon are competing brand names for the a.i. of trichopypr.

a spray routine that would not only offer top kill, but kill the roots too would seem to make sense.

then regular mowing of groundcover, etc.

down here in the southeast, chinese (& english) privit seems to be literally taking over. it's hard to get hdwood reproduction in the river bottoms any more. the privet takes over after a harvest cut. but, it does feed the deer in the winter time. can't deny that.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
remedy at TSC is available for round 90.00 this year . my 60 gallon sprayer I mix 1/2 qt remedy and 1 qt 2/4d for mesquite and osage with a good soakin on the bottom of the tree

IC B3

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Hack & squirt method . 5min. .

Posted by Bristoe
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Good info.

I'll bookmark this thread.

Thanks.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I drill a 1” hole At a downward angle in a tree I want to die. Pour straight round up in the hole. It dies.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hanco
I drill a 1” hole At a downward angle in a tree I want to die. Pour straight round up in the hole. It dies.

managing the eco-system. what a concept.

at least we're beginning to take a look at the subject.

lot's of folks wants to import foreign flowers and shrubs.

it helps their bottom line, and tons of folks wants to buy such items.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Used bluing salts will kill any tree of any size. 😉.....just pour around the base and blammo....dead tree.

New bluing salts work too but tend to be cost prohibitive. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

The east side of our state has plenty of Russian Olives but I really don’t look at them as pests or a plague since they usually offer the only shade and cover in arid sagebrush country. They also provide feed to many animals.

I’m not sure about Idaho but we have Russian Olive trees on the dry side that are easily 80-100 years old from my understanding and experience. If it wasn’t for Russian Olive trees there’d be nothing taller than 4ft high in the desert sagebrush country.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We have Chinese Tallow down here.

Last edited by hanco; 10/13/18.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
People spray roundup all over the place, how is it damaging the eco system putting a couple ounces in a unwanted Tallow tree?

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
if anybody knows how to kill New Mexico 'Rabbit Brush' I would be more than interested. I know Monsanto was working on something but they have not perfected it yet

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 64 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.