Print Thread
Hop To
Page 51 of 63 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 62 63
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Took my PSA 6½ Creedmoor out yesterday, with a new load of H4350 under 140 ELD-X. I put the first 10 slightly under an inch. The next group I had 8 of them in a similar cluster, but one flyer went left, and one went right, making the group 1.99". I was too annoyed to take pictures smile

That's what makes these 2 10 shot groups interestng.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
ARIC

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Took my PSA 6½ Creedmoor out yesterday, with a new load of H4350 under 140 ELD-X. I put the first 10 slightly under an inch. The next group I had 8 of them in a similar cluster, but one flyer went left, and one went right, making the group 1.99". I was too annoyed to take pictures smile

And mentally exhausting, I was a spent sombitch having to concentrate that long, fugg. smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

And mentally exhausting, I was a spent sombitch having to concentrate that long, fugg. smile

LOL laugh

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well hell yes Buddy, takes a lot of work for me to breathe heavy enough to oxygenate my eyes, then hold my breath to fire, then huff and puff getting it back, 30 gotdamn times, holy sheet! laugh

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well hell yes Buddy, takes a lot of work for me to breathe heavy enough to oxygenate my eyes, then hold my breath to fire, then huff and puff getting it back, 30 gotdamn times, holy sheet! laugh

Sounds like you have to breathe into a paper bag too.. Damn.. laugh

BSA MAGA
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Sounds like you have to breathe into a paper bag too.. Damn.. laugh

Hell nah main, I'm talking about sheer cardio of inflating and deflating size 52 DDD's shocked laugh

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Im bumping this one to the top, so it doesnt get burried. Still one of my favorite threads here. Im hoping some of the new guys or maybe some of us can shoot this with some new rifles we got for Christmas. Theres been some good threads posted lately about some sweet rifles. I'd like to see some entries with those new Larue ultimate uppers, "surprisingly" accurate stags or even some of those PSA 6.5 creedmoors. I see a lot of potential in some of these rifles. I know beretzs is a contender with some skill, as is 4thpoint. If he can get his hands on his buddies Larue OBR with nightforce. This isnt a callout by any means, as i know these 2 guys are shooters. If we are shooting anyway, we might as well shoot some of these targets. They are easy to print up..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

you don't hold your breath to fire, you exhale to fire... thats starters. LOL.

I fire 10 shot groups as fast as the gun recoils and sight settles and I squeeze. Its really not all that hard. Just have to get the brain used to it. Once you focus back to the sights, you really have 3-5 seconds TOPS to break the shot or you should look the shot off, inhale, and exhale and start over again.

We shot 10 shot rapid strings in 60-70 seconds in a sling WITH a reload. Starting from standing. Shouldn't really take much, like 1-2 minutes at MOST if you are taking your time to fire 10 shots. Won't take me that long generally with a bolt gun.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495

I fire 10 shot groups as fast as the gun recoils and sight settles and I squeeze. Its really not all that hard. Just have to get the brain used to it. Once you focus back to the sights, you really have 3-5 seconds TOPS to break the shot or you should look the shot off, inhale, and exhale and start over again.

We shot 10 shot rapid strings in 60-70 seconds in a sling WITH a reload. Starting from standing. Shouldn't really take much, like 1-2 minutes at MOST if you are taking your time to fire 10 shots. Won't take me that long generally with a bolt gun.

Good suggestions Jeff. As per usual. Being new to the AR, I still need to do a lot of focusing on how I shoot and remember the fundamentals of good marksmanship.. It's been fun, but I've noticed especially with my AR10 308, if I shoot the way you describe, my groups shrink. It still seems strange, but it's true.. I'm more used to slow fire competition with bolt guns where it's 1 shot every 1 minute or so. Much different than what you are suggesting for shooting the AR platform.. I need to do more practicing, especially with my big AR... blush

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle700
I hope there are no hard feelings on the call outs. It's just a little friendly competition, just be ready to back up what you claim. wink

New target for scoped rifles:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...y=!ANEKTKrmLUB-fOk&ithint=file%2cpdf

I like that..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by rost495

LOL, Tex and Rost, just funning about, I do pull in big air, let over half out, then fire, I still say firing two 10 shot groups says as much about the shooter as it does about the weapons capability. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by wareagle700
I hope there are no hard feelings on the call outs. It's just a little friendly competition, just be ready to back up what you claim. wink

New target for scoped rifles:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...y=!ANEKTKrmLUB-fOk&ithint=file%2cpdf

I like that..

No hard feelings here, hunting seasons over now, but, if it's not raining to beat 60, the gotdamn winds blowing a hundred. crazy

Trump Won!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I shoot my 10 shot groups from the hip yelling Merica!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
cool!

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Sure you do... wink

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Sure you do... wink

We all can’t be rambone like you...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Sure you do... wink

We all can’t be rambone like you...

That's what she said.. grin

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The longer you take to shoot, the more your brain can mess up for ya. LOL.

Kind of like trying to squeeze our Glock triggers. Aim, press. NOW. Works way better. Except when the deer decides to step just as you decide press and can't stop your finger... LOL. It worked out cause it was 10mm and we have a good dog that can track em all 50 steps she went... LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTW the way the slow fire 1 or more minute per shot thing... we had that in our competition too.... Considering pit service and some wind changes where I'd hold off a bit, rarely took me more than 12 minutes for 22 shots...

Page 51 of 63 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,572 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.