Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I've spent three sessions at the range pulling out my few remaining grey hairs and adjusting my 22 WRM Einstecklauf. When I finished the session last week, it was hitting about 1.25 inches right at 25 yards and about an inch right at 50 yards. I just couldn't get it any better. I've done this a bunch of times with other guns and its been a breeze, but this one wasn't. At the end of today's session, I picked up the drilling and six mag shells that I wanted to fire to turn into LR adapters. I leaned against the 6x6 upright, aimed at 100 yards. Darn, centered. Next one right beside it. The next four I used to break little dirt clouds on the berm, with satisfying puffs. Some of my best shooting of the afternoon.
The blind hog found another acorn. It's in the right barrel. You would think a guy who shoots double rifles would take regulation into account.
Tried to explain to She Who Must Be Obeyed, she just rolled her eyes and gave me a 'suffer the village idiot' look.
Just had to tell somebody who would know how great it is.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Unless your drilling was specifically regulated for the right shot barrel to shoot to the rifle sights I don't know that regulation as we know it for SXS double rifles was a factor. Sure seems like it is with your drilling but it isn't common or even normal. Still, I do know how frustrating sighting in some einstecklauf's can be. The one in my Theime & Schlegelmilch is the short, 10 in. Krieghoff and it took me a while to get it on. Once I got it shooting minute of squirrel head at 35 yards I left it alone!!!

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
This is the little 10 incher. I just can't let well enough alone. I'll probably spend another afternoon and a couple more boxes of ammo trying for perfection. It's mos (minute of squirrel), its just I have to hold a bit off his nose, I'd rather hold dead on at squirrel ranges and Kentucky windage at 100 yards.
Bfly

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Black, just a thought. When I bought mine used I had to order new slide adjusters from Kreighoff in Pennsylvania. The ones on the einstecklauf as it came had been filed for someone else's drilling and I couldn't get close in my T&S. New adjusters cured the illness and I had it sighted in with about 30 rounds. Is that a possibility with yours? They can frustrate the daylights out of a fella. I agree, I'd want dead on at squirrel ranges as well.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I usually get mine on at 65 yards to the open sight and call it good for close in, and out to 100 yards. Mine now are all the short Kreighoffs, two rt barrel 22 Mag, one rt barrel 22 LR, and one LT barrel 22 LR.

I also make a little device to keep the folding sight up for shooting Rt barrel inserts. It's almost too simple and is 100% reliable. I just make a small piece of tough wood like poplar into a 1/4" X 1" X 5/8" piece and cut a grove with a hacksaw the depth of the sight blade across edge at the center. Flip up the blade, fit the wood piece over one end of the blade, and release the selector.

With the left barrel insert I don't need it, but I don't have a set trigger.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Einstecklauf Success

I'd love to own a really nice drilling or combo gun of some sort. Engineering masterpieces and superb craftsmanship on some of what I've seen.

My only issue with them is the names they use for stuff. The title of this thread sounds like someone just conquered a nasty German social disease. grin

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
We could call it a 22 WRM adapter, but with my less than good looks,t it's just about the only social disease I might be able to get!

Spent a little more time today at the range. She's 'MOS at 35'. Even right on at 50. Only took about ten shots.

L2S, I made one of those thingys out of a 9.3x74 case head. Really cool and worked until the sharp edges wore a hole in my pants pocket. Some day a future archeologist will find it and decide it was used in ancient religious rituals, which may be partly true. I have been known to invoke the names of deities when I miss pot pie shots. Wood would be a better choice.
Bfly

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
Einstecklauf Success

I'd love to own a really nice drilling or combo gun of some sort. Engineering masterpieces and superb craftsmanship on some of what I've seen.

My only issue with them is the names they use for stuff. The title of this thread sounds like someone just conquered a nasty German social disease. grin

"dose of einstecklauf"...? Yeah, it sure does...LMAO

I had some "bockbuchseflinte" once, but got rid of all of it.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Einstecklauf Success

"dose of einstecklauf"...? Yeah, it sure does...LMAO

I had some "bockbuchseflinte" once, but got rid of all of it.

My word, Bruce... Glad you recovered from that.

Just how big was the needle? Is it true that they inject it right in your spleen?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Einstecklauf Success

Exactly what would have "stuff" called? With a bit of looking up a German translation the names make perfect sense. Certainly no less than the names of several other country's, the US included.

NRA Benefactor 2008

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You really should get you shots for "Bockbüchsflinte", "Kipplaufbüchse" und "Bockdoppelflinte".

The is no cure for "Doppelbüchsdrilling" known to modern science, yet...

https://www.merkel-die-jagd.de/de/produkte/gewehre/drillinge/db-dr-961l/

Last edited by Ready; 10/25/18. Reason: Scientific literature link added

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
My Bockbüchsflinte in caliber 12/70-7X75R SE vom Hofe has a full length Einstecklauf in caliber 6X52R Bretschneider, which is the .22 Savage High Power (5.6X52R) necked up or the .25-35 (6.5X52R) necked down. The barrels are regulated to shoot together at 100 yards, so I have a choice of short range or long range cartridges immediately available. This is a combination known in German as a Bergstutzen or mountain carbine. Either one is capable of dealing with a white tail deer emphatically, which is all I require.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is always interesting that the Germans instead of giving something a name the made it into a sentence Nurse-Krankenschwester(sick sister).

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
365 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.