Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
this package:
$22500 for 1 male lion, 1 sable, 1 Roan,1 buffalo 7 days daily fee pick up and drop Polokwane airport South Africa
I’m not in the USA right now so you must text me 509 540 5723
I will only have coverage with limited WiFi so be patient with reply.

Obviously this is for a limited amount of trophies and this price is not likely to ever be seen again. It has just fallen in my lap here wanted to share this ASAP

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Holy Crap!.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That's a seriously discounted hunt! Wish I would have had the money to shoot a Roan and Sable when I was in SA last month!

Randall

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Man I wish this was a couple years in the future!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I, too, think this would be a heck of a deal! However, not meaning to rain on the parade, but could you comment on the likelihood of shooting all of these animals on a 7 day hunt? I can see where you might need to spend 7 days solely on hunting the lion and perhaps you run into a buffalo. I guess I'm really just kind of asking out of my own ignorance on how such a hunt would be conducted in such a short time frame. Would it be expected that whoever signs up will extend the hunt to longer than 7 days at additional cost? Thanks!

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The only way to shoot all these animals in 7 days is in a high fenced ranch, where the animals whereabouts are generally known.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had the marked gone the other way recently I'd have been all in. Wouldn't it just suck to have to extend this hunt another 7-10 days?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Must be a canned hunt. 7 days for a male lion, a roan, a sable and a buffalo sounds like they're being hunted in the equivalent of the Bronx Zoo.

Would estimate three weeks to a month for a fair chase hunt for those animals and even then, you might strike out on one or more of them.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
There's high fence, and then there's high fence... and JJHack doesn't run "canned" hunts, so I don't expect he would endorse one.

There are really big ranches in RSA that are high-fenced, so big that they are no different than a low-fence operation. But the animals can and do reproduce, populations increase, and the need for thinning the populations becomes manifest. This is a far cry from "canned" hunting, where the animals are confined in a small space, or released from captivity in a known location immediately before the hunter starts "hunting".

If you think such a hunt is not fair chase, then consider how it's materially any different from the hunting done in East Africa 150 years ago, when the plains absolutely teemed with game. If the property is large enough (and I had the money at hand) I would have no problem taking on a hunt like that.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
If you have a reproducing pride of lions inside a high fence, they hammer the hell out of buffalo and plains game. I seriously doubt these ranches contain reproducing lion prides because of the economic aspect. Lions there will be introduced, generally not too long before they are to be hunted. Yuo simply will not find free roaming lion, buffalo, sable and roan in 7 days..that said, it is still a terrific price to have some fun!

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
DockRocket,

I used to "look down my nose" at "high fence" until I was stationed in a State east of The Mississippi & was offered a 4-day "High Fence Hunt for one Axix deer or Blackbuck" for 500.oo at a charity event.
(Yep, I had the cash to pay for the hunt in my pocket but my "self-talk" said, "This isn't hunting. It will be like shooting a milk cow in a farmer's pasture." )
Another man at the event said, "OK." & wrote the charity a check.

Several weeks went by & I then heard that the "farmer's pasture" was >400 acres of woods/creeks/river bottom AND that a total of 14 hunters had hunted that property & other than a number of "free for the taking" feral hogs, NOBODY had shot any big game.
NOBODY over the >45 day period had even SEEN any of the over 100 Axis or over 75 Blackbuck that are within the fence.
(One of the Axis was reportedly carrying a >40" rack. - As far as the property owner knows, "Big Un" is still inside the fence. - He doesn't come to the feeders, as far as the property owner or manager knows day or night.)

OBVIOUSLY, there is more than ONE sort of "high fence hunting" & at least at that property, some are quite challenging!!

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
this package:
$22500 for 1 male lion, 1 sable, 1 Roan,1 buffalo 7 days daily fee pick up and drop Polokwane airport South Africa

Obviously this is for a limited amount of trophies and this price is not likely to ever be seen again. It has just fallen in my lap here wanted to share this ASAP

I hate you!!!!!

smile smile

You don't know how much I wish I could jump on this.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by JJHACK
this package:

I hate you!!!!!

smile smile

You don't know how much I wish I could jump on this.

You're a dentist aren't you? Do a few root canals and go! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, the quote I got to redo 3 root canals would be a great start.
And he said it would take less than a half hour. sick

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Yes, the quote I got to redo 3 root canals would be a great start.
And he said it would take less than a half hour. sick

If he can redo 3 in an half hour, I gotta learn from him!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now you are making me more nervous.

He did an x-ray and said the filler had not been put in right.
It didn't go to the bottom of the root.
He wants to remove the fillings, file the hole a little,
and put new whatever, down to the bottom of the root.

Then he x-rays to be sure it's right.

My dentist for 40 years did these 20 years ago.
It took 3 1/2 hours to do the teeth and address an abscess.
He had suggested an oral surgeon, but I had no insurance, so
he did it at a reduced price, and took payments. Sold his practice,
and retired a year or two ago. I miss him. He watched me and my kids
grow up, and took care of us. Even when money was tight, and he worked cheap.
I don't know you hatari, so please don't be offended.
But not many Doc's are like those old guys. They earned a real good living, but it came
while they cared for their patients.

The practice is now owned by a lady dentist, based 50 miles away in another state.
This is just a satellite. The main office offers everything from cleanings, through orthodontics,
to botox.

She is a business person. Dentistry is her business. She just has to work on people.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
If I could figure out if that lion was exportable AND importable I May have to slap a bit of leather, short notice or not. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No sweat. Depending on the situation, all good for you as described.

But not many Doc's are like those old guys. They earned a real good living, but it came

The practice is now owned by a lady dentist, based 50 miles away in another state.
This is just a satellite. The main office offers everything from cleanings, through orthodontics,
to botox.

She is a business person. Dentistry is her business. She just has to work on people.

to botox.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jdollar
If you have a reproducing pride of lions inside a high fence, they hammer the hell out of buffalo and plains game. I seriously doubt these ranches contain reproducing lion prides because of the economic aspect. Lions there will be introduced, generally not too long before they are to be hunted. Yuo simply will not find free roaming lion, buffalo, sable and roan in 7 days..that said, it is still a terrific price to have some fun!

I believe there are four ranches within RSA with self sustaining Lions. We hunt one of them. These are classed as wild, managed Lions, and the area that we also sustains the Lions, has Buffalo among other game there.
My point is, there are areas in South Africa with hunt-able, self sustaining Lion prides.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

616 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,276
Posts18,448,425
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.