Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't have any first-hand with KelTec, (but I did mean KelTec above where I referenced the Grendel......showing my age).

One of my USMC brothers is a LEO in WV. He was telling me he carries a Glock 21 for a primary, and a KelTec P11 for a backup. He likes the P11.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't have any first-hand with KelTec, (but I did mean KelTec above where I referenced the Grendel......showing my age).

One of my USMC brothers is a LEO in WV. He was telling me he carries a Glock 21 for a primary, and a KelTec P11 for a backup. He likes the P11.

Give her the Glock 21. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

I understand about the age thing ,I am over 21 myself !

I never had any issues with the ones I had but like so many guns I have owned throughout the years they were either traded off or sold.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Well if she wanted it I would give it to her for sure, Pistols can be replaced but no way I could replace my Mom.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by bcraig

I understand about the age thing ,I am over 21 myself !

I never had any issues with the ones I had but like so many guns I have owned throughout the years they were either traded off or sold.

I think that you've been given some good information.

If you decide on the Kel Tec P11, it may well meet your mother's needs.

I've had one for 12 years--it is the hard chrome rig, and it has about 11,000 hours carry time. I don't shoot it a lot, as the square shape in the grip handle hurts my hand when firing 30 or more rounds in a session. It's really meant more for carry than range time. Nevertheless, some guys claim to have run up to 5,000 rounds in their rigs.

Here is a video that reflects my experience with the rig. As in the video, I have the belt clip on the side, and the steel recoil rod installed on my P11 rig.

These days, there are better choices, but you could do a lot worse too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncrh1jUF3uY

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well if she wanted it I would give it to her for sure, Pistols can be replaced but no way I could replace my Mom.

She must be very special to deserve a $200 pistol.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
y
Originally Posted by NVhntr

She must be very special to deserve a $200 pistol.

Yes she is very special,that is why I am trying to figure out what pistol will best suit
Her needs and provide her with a better level of protection than the 642 I bought her.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Mostly kidding. But, if she can rack that slide, she's well armed. Grip the slide, Push the frame. If she's on the dainty side.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

Mostly kidding. But, if she can rack that slide, she's well armed. Grip the slide, Push the frame. If she's on the dainty side.

Oh I know that but she has small hands and with that big ole G21 in her purse she wouldn’t have room for her other stuff !
Plus even if I put a New York trigger in it still wouldn’t approximate the long pull of her 642.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Get her another revolver..

Or a smaller Glock, or a Kahr.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

Well she is not going to carry 2 pistols in her purse so another pistol like her 642 will accomplish nothing.
A smaller Glock is still a Glock trigger system which is not like the double action of a revolver which I feel like is a safer type of trigger than the Glock trigger for a non gun enthusiast.
The Kahr looks decent but I like the higher magazine capacity of the P11

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
BCraig I had a keltec for a month or two. It’s silly to consider one unless cost is your primary consideration. I have two P365’s now and might buy a 3rd. The only issue I had was the mag release button rusting, but cooks holsters revised their kydex form to fix that. If you just got to buy a semi auto the P365 holds 12 and has a milder trigger pull than the J frame. I myself would buy her another j frame or a Ruger LCR. Keltec is actually an old Ethiopian word that means “sometimes it works”.

Last edited by jimmyp; 10/20/18.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Keltec is actually an old Ethiopian word that means “sometimes it works”.

That's been my experience with KelTec. I've had three of their products. I lucked out with my Sub2000, in that it actually works with quality ammo. Only flubs were with cheap reloads.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
BCraig I had a keltec for a month or two. It’s silly to consider one unless cost is your primary consideration. I have two P365’s now and might buy a 3rd. The only issue I had was the mag release button rusting, but cooks holsters revised their kydex form to fix that. If you just got to buy a semi auto the P365 holds 12 and has a milder trigger pull than the J frame. I myself would buy her another j frame or a Ruger LCR. Keltec is actually an old Ethiopian word that means “sometimes it works”.

I have read some not so encouraging reviews,comments about the Sig P365 pistols both on you tube and here on the fire.

Why would you buy her another revolver when the one she has functions fine ?

She is NOT going to carry 2 pistols in her purse for increased ammo capability.

My question is about replacing the 5 shot revolver she currently carries in her purse with a DIFFERENT pistol with higher capacity,NOT about an additional pistol to carry in her purse !!

I am NOT looking for a pistol with an easier pull for her,I WANT a Pistol with a revolver like trigger pull for safety reasons as she is not a gun enthusiast and her method of carry,if the pistol was to come out of her holster I do not want anything she might have in her purse to press on a easy to pull trigger .

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Keltec is actually an old Ethiopian word that means “sometimes it works”.

That's been my experience with KelTec. I've had three of their products. I lucked out with my Sub2000, in that it actually works with quality ammo. Only flubs were with cheap reloads.

I have had good luck with the two I had and a friend of mine has good luck with the 3 he has ,1 p9, one p11 and a 380.
I suppose that some get good ones and some don't.

If I buy one I will test it for reliability before giving it to her as 5 shots from her revolver are better than nothing.

So far the Kel Tec p11 comes closer to having the features of what I am looking for .

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,800 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.