Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Posted this in the Classifieds too....

Some great gifts for the Predator Hunter on your Christmas List....

We’ve been moving a lot of stuff around lately, and getting the call business set-up to run out of our basement. As such, we’ve come across several boxes of old stock and colors were probably not going to make anymore. Some of these boxes of calls are from 1989... so the color varies a bit from call to call.

They all still come with the instructional books, but we’re leaving out the additional pack of accessory reeds/bands/blocks on the individual calls.

Shipping is $4 flat rate.... unless you buy $50 or more, then it’s free.

$9 Orange PeeWees
$10 Orange Standards
$20 Orange Song Dogs

$35 for the whole Orange Kit: PeeWee, Standard, and Song Dog (includes extra reeds).... this would be a killer gift for any predator calling enthusiasts.

$50 for the whole Orange Kit + Both Instructional CDs (includes extra reeds).... an even better gift for a predator hunter... particularly a kid just getting into it. There’s parts of the CD where the dubbing is a bit rough. They were originally recorded for cassette tapes, and we’re in the process of reworking them. The info in them is Gold though.

Orange Calls..... $35 Kit....
[Linked Image]

$50 Orange Call Kit w/CDs.....
[Linked Image]

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll be getting with you on a set for my buddies son(sons).....
He was with me today as I shot my first one of the year. He is
HOOKED now......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been following the topic about hand calls here, and I am interested in getting one and hopefully putting it to good use, but I really haven't heard anything describing the difference between the sizes/models, shapes, or other descriptions other than the different reeds. Can you give me a brief explanation on what each size/model is used for. I am primarily looking to call coyotes, but I understand some calls are good multiple species. TIA

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
PM sent

Thanks. Dogshooter

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
All three of the calls in the package are designed from the ground up as predator calls. We use the same bodies for building Elk,Deer, and Moose Calls as well... but they were originally designed for calling coyotes.

The PeeWee is used to create most of your smaller distress sounds: birds, cottontails, rodents, fawn bleats, etc. It also makes great pup sounds like barks/howls, whines, and Ki-Yis (injured pup sounds.

The Standard makes about every sound in the book, it’s the original open-reed call, and does it all. It’s best for larger distress sounds: jackrabbits, fawns, cubs, etc. it also makes some great coyote sounds... it just doesn’t project the kind of sound that the Song Dog does.

The Song Dog was built to make coyote sounds.... all of them. It has a larger air channel than the standard, as well as some extensions for added volume and tone manipulation. It’s the best call we make for “Coyote Talk”.... but it makes great rhaspy distress sounds too.... I know a guy (not saying who) that won the World Championships with that call.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want more info.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got the set in from Dogshooter. Man these calls are great, and fast service.
I've never used this SongDog howler prior to its arrival. Man this howler is easy to use
And makes some damn good KiYi calls.
If you're on the fence on buying one of these sets for yourself,
Your kids or grandkids.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Great deals and great calls.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
PM Sent, Dogshooter.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Josh,

Got my calls yesterday, and got them slobbered up as soon as I got home.

I'm impressed & wished I had bought a 2nd set for backup. I bet I could schitt can all my other calls & live with these three.

Thanks.....

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks Alan.... glad you like them.

I think you’re right about loosing all other calls..... there’s probably not much you couldn’t do with a PeeWee, a Standard, and a Song Dog.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've been playing with mine for a week. I really like them.
Great sounds and easy to use.
Thanks dogshooter

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Our call package arrived here in Wisconsin. Very easy to use and sound great. Unfortunately I left them out on the counter so they won't end up as a stocking stuffer this year. Can't wait to try them in the field.

Thanks Dogshooter

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by aalf
Josh,

I'm impressed & wished I had bought a 2nd set for backup. I bet I could schitt can all my other calls & live with these three.

Thanks.....

Actually, my most productive calls have been critt'r call standards - possibly 'cause I use them the most ? I also have 'em scattered everywhere - trucks, ATV's, UTV's, coverall pockets, jacket pockets - you get the idea. Just thinking - I bought them all from Major Boddicker, back in the day - so they probably could all use new reeds! Hmmmm !
Just an unsolicited plug, while I figure out my next order. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My absolute favorite is the ‘Pee-Wee’, may have to stock up on a few more. I have one loaded in my vest for the IL deer hunt tomorrow. I enjoy a coyote from the deer stand as much as a deer.

Last winter on an anterless hunt I saw 8 coyotes over two days, two took a dirt nap from my Knight M-L.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by aalf
Josh,

Thanks.....

Actually, my most productive calls have been critt'r call standards - possibly 'cause I use them the most ? I also have 'em scattered everywhere - trucks, ATV's, UTV's, coverall pockets, jacket pockets - you get the idea. Just thinking - I bought them all from Major Boddicker, back in the day - so they probably could all use new reeds! Hmmmm !
Just an unsolicited plug, while I figure out my next order. smile

They're the best.

I think my Song Dog has accounted for more successful stands than any other. And I have not owned it the longest...

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Got my calls. Can't wait to try them out!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Why wait?

I get a lot of weird looks at stoplights.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Why wait?

I get a lot of weird looks at stoplights.....

Hurts my ears! Can't do it.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Apologies to those folks who have yet to receive their calls. We’ve been chasing 3rd/4th Season Mule Deer for two weeks now. My wife finally filled the last tag of the year.... so now I’m back to my Shipping/Receiving Cage in the basement. Lots of calls going out today and Monday.

PS..... keep an eye out for our new Clear PeeWee and our Itsy Bitsy hands-free call specials coming soon.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Got mine a few day's ago but have been deer hunting every day for 3 weeks, finally got a couple of days off. went out made 2 stands this morning called in a pair on the first stand got 1 female, couldn't get a shot at the male to much brush. these calls work. Rio7

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,171 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.