Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://mustreadalaska.com/alyse-galvin-don-young-shook-my-hand/

Galvin started out her debate performance by channeling her inner Sen. Elizabeth Warren: She adopted an accent reminiscent of Native Alaskans. Ethan Berkowitz also did this oddity of speech in 2010, and his strange new accent was remarked upon at the time as he ran for governor.

Galvin culturally appropriated the speaking pattern, slowly forming her words in a noticeable fashion, one that was not her usual style of speech.

“First. I. Would. Like. To. Acknowledge. That. We. Are. On. Dena’ina. Land. Today. And. Every. Day,” she started.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Weird....

But thats a political norm, nowdays.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
That particular flat brim hat gets passed around a LOT..

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I think you are right.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

I really like her platform though - "change Washington, fight corruption, and stay in touch" LOL.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Let's face it--First off she is a Democrat. If it happens that she gets elected, She goes to Washington and party leadership puts her on the back bench. She has no clout and when she is told to, she raises her hand to vote the way THEY tell her to. The other thing that you have got to keep in mind is that her term of office is two years, just like every other House member so the first thing that she has to do is to stick her hand out and beg for money to support her next campaign. Her primary focus will be to beg for money, and not to do anything to piss off the party leadership. Her vote will be in support of all the whacky crap that the far left thinks is good for us. I personally do not think that the Democrat party has any plans that will be good for you and me or the State in general. But that's just my opinion.

Presidents 100-'97
Distinguished Rifleman-'81
NRA Benefactor
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got to speak to her at a forum some time back and she is whacked out. She comes across well to a certain segment of the voting population, but she is just cannon fodder for Don this go around.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She claims to be an Independent but she is the furthest thing from it, Don should win this one handily.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My thought is that Don will get reelected for as many terms as he wishes to run. He is an Alaska First type of guy. I sure wish that Lisa was that way, instead of "I think that I'll vote the way I want". Remember that Don lost his first run for the House when he ran against Nick Sr. who was lost on a flight from Cordova, IIRC . They drug out Old Man Greening to oppose him in a special election. Don won that one and has been in office ever since.
The last Democrat that I voted for was E.L. Bob Bartlett. That was some time ago, but politics was not so divisive then.

Presidents 100-'97
Distinguished Rifleman-'81
NRA Benefactor
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cdparker
My thought is that Don will get reelected for as many terms as he wishes to run. He is an Alaska First type of guy. I sure wish that Lisa was that way, instead of "I think that I'll vote the way I want". Remember that Don lost his first run for the House when he ran against Nick Sr. who was lost on a flight from Cordova, IIRC . They drug out Old Man Greening to oppose him in a special election. Don won that one and has been in office ever since.
The last Democrat that I voted for was E.L. Bob Bartlett. That was some time ago, but politics was not so divisive then.

The flight was from Anchorage to Juneau. Interesting history on that flight. Hale Boggs was on the Warren Commission and openly disagreed with the findings. Then his plane goes missing...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
[quote=cdparker]. Interesting history on that flight. Hale Boggs was on the Warren Commission and openly disagreed with the findings. Then his plane goes missing...

Wow. I just spent an interesting 30 minutes reading up on Boggs,et al.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I'd like to see a real conservative who isnt old, and too tired to work for Alaska and Alaskans primary young into retirement.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
[quote=cdparker]. Interesting history on that flight. Hale Boggs was on the Warren Commission and openly disagreed with the findings. Then his plane goes missing...

Wow. I just spent an interesting 30 minutes reading up on Boggs,et al.

A bunch of stuff Trump just had released is showing a lot more about what probably happened to JFK... a small plane would be very easy to make vanish...

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Back to the grassy knoll!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Music_Man
Back to the grassy knoll!!!!!

Rid the Warren Commission of the main dissenting voice... after having a President killed?

How hard could that be?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
She claims to be an Independent but she is the furthest thing from it, Don should win this one handily.

"Independent" is code for a leftist that hasn't come out of the communist closet yet.

Originally Posted by ironbender
I'd like to see a real conservative who isnt old, and too tired to work for Alaska and Alaskans primary young into retirement.

I would too, but until that person comes along, we are gonna have to keep the old bastid upright, animated and in office.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

"Independent" is code for a leftist that hasn't come out of the communist closet yet.

Originally Posted by ironbender

I would too, but until that person comes along, we are gonna have to keep the old bastid upright, animated and in office.

Weekend at Don's!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.