Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
When Colorado first made pot legal, I opined that there would be more crashes and property crimes. Indeed we have seen a considerable rise in both, where neighboring Utah has remained relatively flat.

But I thought our government spoke with states where it is legal before making a decision. The young people didn't see the mess Trudeau senior made of our country and the debt he put us in. One of his great decisions was to change our country to metric in 1977, cost billions,for what? People still talk and use imperial measure. Now we have his son running the country Trudope

BP-B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Trudeau means "IDIOT" in every language on earth.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
stoners gonna get stoned. Makes no difference what country, or what laws. Might as well just get used to the facts of life

Sam......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
When Colorado first made pot legal, I opined that there would be more crashes and property crimes. Indeed we have seen a considerable rise in both, where neighboring Utah has remained relatively flat.

Real facts? Could you give references, very interested to have this data since my state just made it legal as well...

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I' sorry to hear that Our neighbors to the north made this drug legal. I really like Canada . I first entered Canada 31 yrs ago on our honeymoon. We went to Sault Ste. Marie, Canada and took the ride all over The Soo. It was a beautiful town 31 yrs ago, clean, kept up, and friendly people. We decided to go back over Labor Day Weekend to take the Agawa Train Ride again. We stopped in Sault Ste. Marie on the Michigan side Labor Day and it is a nice little town on the Michigan side. When we entered Canada we saw just how run down that nice little down has gotten in 31 yrs. The roads were dirty, trash was not all over but very plentiful, and the people were just low life looking , dirty and poor looking. The Mighigan side was vibrant , clean and the people even looked cleaner and better dressed. Ya know 31 yrs ago I told the Canadian witresss that this is a town I would like to live in. We went to a Sports Center Bar and Grill on Willington St. and had a real good pizza this time around . They were very friendly so the people were just good people, and were surprised that U.S folk were coming to Canada this weekend . I am sure legalizing pot will only make that town all the worse off when the poor start spending money on pot. Nothing good can come out of a drug than makes you lazy. I'm sorry Canada this has to happen. You are better than that.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
I' sorry to hear that Our neighbors to the north made this drug legal. I really like Canada . I first entered Canada 31 yrs ago on our honeymoon. We went to Sault Ste. Marie, Canada and took the ride all over The Soo. It was a beautiful town 31 yrs ago, clean, kept up, and friendly people. We decided to go back over Labor Day Weekend to take the Agawa Train Ride again. We stopped in Sault Ste. Marie on the Michigan side Labor Day and it is a nice little town on the Michigan side. When we entered Canada we saw just how run down that nice little down has gotten in 31 yrs. The roads were dirty, trash was not all over but very plentiful, and the people were just low life looking , dirty and poor looking. The Mighigan side was vibrant , clean and the people even looked cleaner and better dressed. Ya know 31 yrs ago I told the Canadian witresss that this is a town I would like to live in. We went to a Sports Center Bar and Grill on Willington St. and had a real good pizza this time around . They were very friendly so the people were just good people, and were surprised that U.S folk were coming to Canada this weekend . I am sure legalizing pot will only make that town all the worse off when the poor start spending money on pot. Nothing good can come out of a drug than makes you lazy. I'm sorry Canada this has to happen. You are better than that.

Best story ever........

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Trudeau means "IDIOT" in every language on earth.
trudope ....

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I’ve spent a fair bit of time in both Soo’s...at the time the population of the Michigan city was about 3500, and Soo Ontario was 65,000. Will probably be going up again in the next year for some fishing in and around the St. Mary’s rapids, but I always found both cities pleasant.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
From the individuals I've seen on TV at various demonstrations my feeling is that it is a great thing for losers. Since the Prime Minister has admitted to having used then I'm convinced it is for losers.

Jim

That statement couldn’t be more true...the prime minister is the biggest one of all

Rob
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse
Actually, there are a variety of things in dispute. I am not necessarily confident in the accident claim data, although I'm sure it could be verified one way or the other.

Also, I heard that younger people are particularly susceptible to brain damage from THC. That would be unfortunate, since this will surely provide greater access to minors.

You have to be 19 to legally purchase legal pot !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I suspect there are going to be some very busy defence lawyers,prosecutors,judges and labour experts trying to figure out what impairment actually is.
We—as a society have accepted that .08 millilitres of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood constitutes impaired driving—as determined by a breathalyzer. It’s not so easy with Cannabis.
I remember when the first breathalyzer came out. The results from those things weren’t universally accepted—that took years of studies—educating the public and literally thousands of cases before the courts.
In this locality throughout the 1970’s drink and driving was tolerated—even by the police. Up until about 1980 the only drunk driving charges I heard about involved an accident.
People are nowadays more aware and the penalties are very severe but there are no doubt going to be some bad actors.

Karl,

I have no arrow in this quiver. Other than think they got this very wrong.

We were just discussing this the other day, regarding work places, particularly drivers.

One of my guys said, that the level THC, for being impaired, is/has been set at 5 nanometers. He went on to say, that because the body process/rids itself differently (stored in the body a long time), he could legally smoke a joint on Friday night, but it would still be, not only in his system, but over 5 nanometers on Monday & possibly Tuesday !

YMMV

Paul.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by sse
Actually, there are a variety of things in dispute. I am not necessarily confident in the accident claim data, although I'm sure it could be verified one way or the other.

Also, I heard that younger people are particularly susceptible to brain damage from THC. That would be unfortunate, since this will surely provide greater access to minors.

You have to be 19 to legally purchase legal pot !

Oh, sure...now given that a typical 19 year old pot head may, possibly, not be exercising the best of judgment...is not hard to imagine how it could get into the hands of younger teens...??!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a buyers market !

wink

Paul.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by ihookem

Best story ever........

31 years ago Detroit was a beautiful place too, it wasn't the weed that ruins cities, its democrats and their followers. You can't legislate morality, murder has been against the laws since before forever yet somehow it keeps happening, just raise your kids ,teach them whats right and mind your own business, your life will be just fine.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Paul.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,797 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.