T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wldthg
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My son and his wife will be staying in the Stone Camp while the old timers will be in the Red camp

That's exactly how I picture an upstate NY deer camp to be.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by PWN
[Linked Image] Early season archery hunt in SE Oklahoma.

That'll do!!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Glad to see this post revived. trying a new wood stove with some baby proofing efforts (toddler grandchildren).

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
My son and his wife will be staying in the Stone Camp while the old timers will be in the Red camp

That's exactly how I picture an upstate NY deer camp to be.

Yessir

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Had to buy the stone camp with 170 A. just to protect our hunting lands. Hard to find private land to hunt around here. Northern Dave--- I think that's corrugated metal roof for you ceiling. Great use ---looks great. Thanks guys --- Web

[Linked Image]
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That stone fireplace is awesome. Affirmative on the galv tin roofing for out ceiling.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
I assume many have see this fireplace before---- In the red camp---- best fireplace ever to sit and pass old age

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I assume many have see this fireplace before---- In the red camp---- best fireplace ever to sit and pass old age

awesome

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is what is missing in my deer camps. Maybe someday.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Had to buy the stone camp with 170 A. just to protect our hunting lands. Hard to find private land to hunt around here. Northern Dave--- I think that's corrugated metal roof for you ceiling. Great use ---looks great. Thanks guys --- Web

Awesome!!

That fire place is cool as hell.

IC B3

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I’m not sure I’d leave the camp with a fireplace like that. I’d just sit there pondering life.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Just revamped the water system---- New home made water tank to gather the water from the stream to create a head for the Hydro -ram pump that pumps to the 70 gal.tank in the loft of the camp.

Last edited by wldthg; 10/26/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Love this thread , - at least I get to ''see'' an old school hunting camp .
Never been in a camp like these -PURE AMERICANA hanging on .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You guys sure have some great deer camps. I'm not sure if it's me that missing out or you all though. I hunt on a family farm that belongs to a guy I went all through school with. I killed my first deer there 45 years ago. My deer stand is within 1 1/14 miles of my home and many times I just walk there. I see deer every day and almost always get a nice buck. Nobody bothers me and it doesn't cost a dime. I do find myself thinking I wish some of my hunting friends could be watching everything that I am right now when they tell me they didn't see a thing that day and I've watched several bucks and doe all day long.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611
You guys sure have some great deer camps. I'm not sure if it's me that missing out or you all though. I hunt on a family farm that belongs to a guy I went all through school with. I killed my first deer there 45 years ago. My deer stand is within 1 1/14 miles of my home and many times I just walk there. I see deer every day and almost always get a nice buck. Nobody bothers me and it doesn't cost a dime. I do find myself thinking I wish some of my hunting friends could be watching everything that I am right now when they tell me they didn't see a thing that day and I've watched several bucks and doe all day long.

I hope to God that you thank your friend, for what he has provided for you over the years, so many guys take it for granted until its gone, you are a lucky man with a great friend,

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Jimy et al ---- Much much much more than Deer or turkey hunting in a camp. Breaking bread at the end of a day weather you hunted from sunrise to sunset or just took the day off , then retire to in front of the fireplace is worth it's weight in gold. Web

[Linked Image]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Oops, wrong critter...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by Jim1611

I hope to God that you thank your friend, for what he has provided for you over the years, so many guys take it for granted until its gone, you are a lucky man with a great friend,

I am very grateful to him. Every time I sit in that deer stand and have the time of my life I think of how fortunate I am to be able to be a guest at his farm. I never abuse anything in regard to being there. He's helped me drag deer out of the woods and offered me his tractor with a loader if I need it. We both grew up with what he does for me being standard practice. He told me the other day I have a place to hunt as long as we both live. Yes I am very blessed and especially to have a friend like him.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jimy et al ---- Much much much more than Deer or turkey hunting in a camp. Breaking bread at the end of a day weather you hunted from sunrise to sunset or just took the day off , then retire to in front of the fireplace is worth it's weight in gold. Web

Exactly!!

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by EdM
Oops, wrong critter...

Naww. Same, same when it comes to camps.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.