Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Meh...
Sen. Lisa Murkowski visited rural Alaska this week, including Quinagak and Bethel. She has also visited Seward in her swing through the state.

Sen. Murkowski used a trip to Bethel today to say she endorses Mike Dunleavy for governor, and that Dunleavy’s stance on Ballot Measure 1 was a big factor in her decision. It’s a statement that has a lot of meaning for Western Alaska, where many rely on salmon for subsistence

Neither Murkowski or Dunleavy support the controversial salmon initiative that threatens to lock up other resources in the state and would make even a small project like a home driveway subject to extensive regulation and mitigation measures. Mark Begich, the Democrat running for governor, supports the measure, as do most Democrats.

“I have looked at the language of this initiative and as a former state legislator, and one who was responsible we get legislation and laws right, I’m very concerned that the ways this initiative is drafted.” Murkowski said to KYUK radio. “It would bring about unintended consequences that will limit our opportunity and ability as individuals and communities to really move forward with even the most simple development project.”

KYUK radio has been an organizational hub for the support for Ballot Measure 1, although it is publicly funded radio.

Earlier this week, Calista Corp. endorsed Dunleavy. The Native corporation owns land and a western Alaska mining project that could be impacted by Ballot Measure 1.

Sen. Dan Sullivan and Congressman Don Young have also endorsed Dunleavy in a joint statement. Murkowski has, to date, not issued a formal written endorsement, but her remarks in Bethel are the strongest yet that she has on record.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She try to do the rite thing.,,

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wondering how the worm got forced to do that...

I despise that bitch!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
you guys in Alaska need a better choice !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Wondering how the worm got forced to do that...

I despise that bitch!

By mistake.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's probably more about hoping that it will help her retain her seat, than about getting Dunleavy in as governor

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
It's probably more about hoping that it will help her retain her seat, than about getting Dunleavy in as governor

Everything is about that with her.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

392 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.