Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by noduck
[Linked Image]IMG_1169 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/165056183N04/]

Tzone heres my truck!!!!!!!!!

295 with nitto ridge tires.. Picture has a bad angle they look wide, but the width is barely pass the fender wall.

That is a sweet looking truck!

That could almost get me into a Ford....

Almost.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I also have a 2016 F150 and installed the Billstein 5100’s front and back. I set the fronts at the highest setting of 2.10” and it sits perfect with 33” 285/70/17 tires. You will need an alignment cause mine was pretty out of whack after.

Last edited by Motown; 10/18/18.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
lots of folks do it up here. Never been a fan, as badger said most melt your eyes with their damned headlights. I guess if you don't plan on using it as a truck leveling makes sense? They look retarded to me. smile

I dislike the look of them too. To me they look like a dog dragging his ass. It's mostly only done by the city kids around here that just use them for cruising.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
L
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
lots of folks do it up here. Never been a fan, as badger said most melt your eyes with their damned headlights. I guess if you don't plan on using it as a truck leveling makes sense? They look retarded to me. smile

I dislike the look of them too. To me they look like a dog dragging his ass. It's mostly only done by the city kids around here that just use them for cruising.

A leveling kit does not cause the front to be higher....”leveling kit.”

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Change of plans for mine, ordering the Bilstein 6112 front shocks with coil springs and rear 5160’s plus 3” block to keep the rake in my truck then putting a set of 285/60R20 Duratracs on it.

Rob
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If you would like to have flexibility and more control over adjustments, check out the Boss coilover adjustable shocks. You can adjust the lift to whatever height you want. Very good reviews over on the F150Forum.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART???
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Driftboater
If you would like to have flexibility and more control over adjustments, check out the Boss coilover adjustable shocks. You can adjust the lift to whatever height you want. Very good reviews over on the F150Forum.

Those would be very nice but too much money for me...decided to put the 5100 in the rear. $689 for all 4 shocks

Rob
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tzone
L

Huh? As stock, the front sits lower than rear. Leveling it either brings the front up or the back down. Either way is gayer than a subaru. smile

MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

295 with nitto ridge tires.. Picture has a bad angle they look wide, but the width is barely pass the fender wall.

That looks really good! Is that just a 2” level in the front? Any cutting, trimming or moving the crash bars to avoid rubbing with the 295’s?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I cant remember but i think it was 2.5 in front the like a 1 inch in back with a blocker. To avoid sag.. No cutting or trimming.. Only time it rubs is when in reverse downhill turn the wheels to the left.. Weird but i have like 10k on those tires and its gone.. Was very minor rubbing to begin with..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the ass-end higher than the front. I get better mileage going downhill all the time....

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Motown

That looks really good! Is that just a 2” level in the front? Any cutting, trimming or moving the crash bars to avoid rubbing with the 295’s?

L

Huh? As stock, the front sits lower than rear. Leveling it either brings the front up or the back down. Either way is gayer than a subaru. smile

No. If it's lower than the rear, they did it wrong or lowered it in the rear. And yes, that looks gayer than AIDS.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think up until the early 1990's a leveling kit consisted of a rick of firewood.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

No. If it's lower than the rear, they did it wrong or lowered it in the rear. And yes, that looks gayer than AIDS.

You're making my head hurt.

Trucks come from factory higher in the ass end. Some folks raise the front ends to "level them" . Thus unless they alter the trajectory of their headlights they blind everyone else on the road. Then if you actually want to use the truck as a truck, you have to put bags or helper springs or whatever to keep it from going total Richard Simmons.

This practice is gayer than an altar boy in a subaru.

smile

I added the emoji to keep from hurting feelers.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A much cheaper solution is bags of sand from Home Depot. That makes the ride smoother, too. You can take a bag out if your golf clubs put it a half bubble off level.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Go with Bilstein 5100’s with the ring one below the tallest setting. That way it won’t have soo much rake but doesnt look stupid when you put weight in the bed or hook up a trailer. 275/70/18’s (33”) will fit perfect.

Before

[Linked Image]

After

[Linked Image]

To my eye, the before looks better.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You're making my head hurt.

Trucks come from factory higher in the ass end. Some folks raise the front ends to "level them" . Thus unless they alter the trajectory of their headlights they blind everyone else on the road. Then if you actually want to use the truck as a truck, you have to put bags or helper springs or whatever to keep it from going total Richard Simmons.

This practice is gayer than an altar boy in a subaru.

smile

I added the emoji to keep from hurting feelers.

I don’t get hurt feelers from the internet. Who do you think I am, seafire? laugh

I understand the lights and I do understand what you’re saying. But I want to get rid of the rake so adding to the rear gets me back to where I am now, just higher. Lol

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A much cheaper solution is bags of sand from Home Depot. That makes the ride smoother, too. You can take a bag out if your golf clubs put it a half bubble off level.

That would work awesome if I was a golfer. Sand bags get in the way of the rest of the stuff being carried. It’s never not carrying something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
New struts in front, lifted 2”, blocks and shocks in rear lifted 1.5”. New shocks in rear. Looks much better and rides better than factory. New 33.5” duratracs which also provided some lift

Rob
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I get the raked set up from the factory. Unfortunately, many times it puts the front bumper waaaaay too low. Hell, for a while the Subaru’s had more ground clearance up front than a F150.

I’d rather go up a bit front and rear.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.