Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's a reason rural areas don't welcome outsiders. If we were smart we would tar and feather all of them.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 700LH
Here come the Californians!

Yes! lets stop endorsing this place before we become like neighboring states.

Hehehe!

Well, one thing is for sure....dont come to Blaine County.

Its really, really poor and really liberal....apparently.

That Obamacare bit really helped up here. Now the whole town is on Medicaid.

Ada County (Boise) is a nightmare already, the left wing idiot Democrat woman running for Governor won in Ada County last I looked, the damn place is already going/gone to hell..a trip to Sun Valley is no longer necessary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I never encourage Californians to move here.

Just ask Salmonila.....he hates me for my distrust of Californians and the communism they bring with them everywhere they infiltrate.

Yes I like Sal but they moved his retired california cop brother here already,,,Damn!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
There's a reason rural areas don't welcome outsiders. If we were smart we would tar and feather all of them.

One or two would be OK but damn there are thousands of them, hell tens of thousands. The Treasure Valley has grown by hunderds of thousands in the last 2 or 3 decades.
Now places I used to hunt once in a while closer in is overrun with guys, or worse someone has built a house. places along the river we use to almost never see anyone your lucky if people are not already there.
Area's we used to hunt pheasants is now neighborhoods and shopping centers.
BLM land is now being torn up with over use and the goobrerment is going to have to make changes, some laws have already become a lot more restrictive.
To many folks is changing this place and not for the better.

This growth and overcrowding runs much deeper that just politics.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"Idaho stays all red"

Oh, you mean like a bullseye? Prepare to be overrun.

LOL
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I was speaking of Idaho in the late sixties and early seventies. I really couldn't handle it now. GD

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Here come the Californians!

Yes! lets stop endorsing this place before we become like neighboring states.

Hehehe!

Well, one thing is for sure....dont come to Blaine County.

Its really, really poor and really liberal....apparently.

That Obamacare bit really helped up here. Now the whole town is on Medicaid.

Blaine County is Sun Valley. It's like any other resort town, over run by wealthy city people. They bring their own grief with them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Red or not, we voted in expansion of medicaid...wasn't too happy about THAT.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
To the best of my knowledge and belief all the winning candidates in Idaho are good on gun rights.

Time was however that Democrats and Republicans in Idaho shared a common belief in gun rights.

Frank Church and Cecil Andrus were as good on gun rights as anybody else. The NRA was wrong to oppose Andrus personally as well as politically on the D2 lands issue when he was good enough for Idaho. Today there any number of Idaho candidates the NRA and the state and local gunners should indeed must oppose.

Looking at the NRA voting guide this year emphasizes that there a lot of Idaho candidates who are not good on gun rights. Time was the gun grabbers would at least be quiet about it in Idaho and that no longer seems to be the case. When Ada County (and Elmore and a lot more) treats pellet guns as strictly as firearms so kids can't shoot BB guns on their own property the gun grabbers have already gone too far and they are pushing on and on.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
No I know why, In Sept we elk hunted in the Salmon zone. Several guys flew into Missoula and drove to where we were staying. I put a Trump Campaign sing at the end of the driveway to help them find the place we were staying. It did not last 12 hours and it was gone..

Don't gobble at me
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It appears that most members overlook the fact that their Statehouse has a lot more impact on their lives than the U S House of Representitives........ both for the good and the bad.

Keeping the U S Senate was important because of Judicial appointments.

Losing the U S House - where ALL spending bills MUST originate - means not as much money will be spent. I kind of like that.

Most of the State offices here in Texas were decided in the Republican Primary and I kind of like that as well.

You're kidding...right?

About which part of my post ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Berkley, MT I mean Missoula kept us purple again in the Senate. Californians infiltrated there 30 years ago when it was half decent.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
On a local level, Dems won some ground in Idaho. Blaine county (Sun Valley area) has 3 reps in the legislature and now all 3 are held by Dem women. It's a small area, populationwise, but the Sun Valley area liberals outnumber the ranchers.

The liberals in that area do some strange things. The valley badly needs another cell phone tower that would give cell service to a lot of places outside of town. One of the cell providers was going to build one on top of Galena summit and disguise it as a tree. The Sun Valley bunch got it blocked saying it would be ugly. They have their service in town but don't want anyone else to have it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.