Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Promotional posts are reserved for paying advertisers only. Please contact advertising24hourcampfire.com if you have any questions.

Thank you for your professional courtesy.

Last edited by RickBin; 11/15/18. Reason: Promotional post
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks for that.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And SWFA SS Scopes are 15% off. Does not appear to include free shipping. $262.39 Shipped for a spanking new FF.

https://www.swfa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=SWFA%20SS&brand=SWFA%20SS

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
And SWFA SS Scopes are 15% off. Does not appear to include free shipping. $262.39 Shipped for a spanking new FF.

https://www.swfa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=SWFA%20SS&brand=SWFA%20SS

Hey Boomer....

SHIP49 discount code works for free shipping....even with the 15% off sale.

Just an FYI

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Cool! Thanks for the head's up.

You know, we can all save a bunch by spending more!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
How does this compare to the Black Friday sale? Trying to decide if it's worth waiting.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Black Friday sale was $250 with a set of rings for the fixed scopes IIRC

Where all the white women at?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
BF is usually cheaper on some models, like the 3-9 at $469.... IIRC

--- Kid Rock 2022

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I sprung for a 3-9 today, I'll pick up another on Black Friday if it's marked down. From what I recall on Black Friday they only mark down a few SS scopes, not the entire series.

FWIW the only time I had an issue with a SWFA demo scope, the customer service at SWFA was above and beyond. They sent me a brand new scope to replace the demo-unit I was returning, they sent it second day air, and if that wasn't enough they had it shipped before my return even got back to them so they could verify my issue. Unless I buy a NX8 I will have SWFA on every rifle soon.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
From what I recall on BF they mark down every swfa scope I've noticed. The fixed come with rings and a bubble level. The 3-9's are $469.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can anyone remind me how they ship out scopes? Seems I remember FedEx.....

Thinking on ordering a scope, but I'm heading west on a hunt, & don't want it sitting by the front door for 2 weeks....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With the free shipping code, they gave me the option of usps or ups.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Same. Went with usps just in case ups strikes.
Was going to wait till Black Friday to find out what short eye relief is like, but decided I just HAD to know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Was going to wait till Black Friday to find out what short eye relief is like, but decided I just HAD to know.

#metoo......

So I ended up opening a new account to order one, and it turned into a real circle jerk. Even with the discount code, I was still getting charged $10.98 for shipping, when I changed my shipping address to get rid of the charge, it would not accept my CC because shipping & billing address did not match despite having the same info on both lines.

Flocked away well over an hour and gave up. I did send an email to see if they would honor sale price today on the phone if I call.

At this point I don't giveashit either way......

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Promotional posts are reserved for paying advertisers only. Please contact advertising24hourcampfire.com if you have any questions.

Thank you for your professional courtesy.

Last edited by RickBin; 11/15/18. Reason: Promotional postsp
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by aalf
Can anyone remind me how they ship out scopes? Seems I remember FedEx.....

Thinking on ordering a scope, but I'm heading west on a hunt, & don't want it sitting by the front door for 2 weeks....

UPS in most cases. Opt for the ground option online. Five business days depending on where you are located.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Skylar straighten things out, scope is ordered, discount applied, life is good....thanks.......

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad they took care of you aalf.

TexasWicked1,
Any idea when the new reticle on the ss ultralight might be debuting?
And any idea if there is discussion of a modified version of same with a longer ER?
Thank you kindly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TexasWicked1,
And any idea if there is discussion of a modified version of same with a longer ER?
Thank you kindly.

I asked about the new reticle.....R&D keeps to themselves, so no timeline.

We discussed the ER also, but I didn't asked specifically if it was getting addressed.

I would hazard a guess that there's nothing in the pipeline, but see above.... grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like this ultralight. Reticle seems same as Leupold std duplex. It is wider than I prefer, but not as wide as Leupold's wide duplex. And I'm not keen on the ballistic reticles, so I'd rather have this duplex.

The clicks are the most positive and audible clicks as I've ever experienced on a hunting or target/tactical scope. I really like it.

Eye relief doesn't seem to be a problem as I plan to mount one on a 7mm-08 Mtn rifle and the other on a 6.5 CM Kimber Montana. We'll see how it works at the range.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 257heaven; 11/12/18.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Still waiting for my Hunter's MilQuad (0.1 mil lines) with capped windage turret I submitted. Like WTF SWFA? LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I like this ultralight. Reticle seems same as Leupold std duplex. It is wider than I prefer, but not as wide as Leupold's wide duplex. And I'm not keen on the ballistic reticles, so I'd rather have this duplex.

The clicks are the most positive and audible clicks as I've ever experienced on a hunting or target/tactical scope. I really like it.

Eye relief doesn't seem to be a problem as I plan to mount one on a 7mm-08 Mtn rifle and the other on a 6.5 CM Kimber Montana. We'll see how it works at the range.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I’m thinking about one of these. How’s the glass? Can you compare the glass and lowlight to any other scopes?

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Glad they took care of you aalf.

TexasWicked1,
Thank you kindly.

Sadly I do not and please call me Skylar. I assume its soon, however they have not provided us with any information on a release date on that scope.

Additionally I am not aware of any changes being made to the scope, with the exception of the reticle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prm

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I’m thinking about one of these. How’s the glass? Can you compare the glass and lowlight to any other scopes?

Glass seems excellent. I checked last night about 30 minutes after sunset, and it seems on par with my 2.5-8's. But I was just looking at rooftops a couple streets over. I haven't really had time to spend on it yet. I did focus the eyepiece yesterday, and it seems sharp...but I still need to check at more distance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the report 257. I might have to give one of these a whirl at some point.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Thanks for the report 257. I might have to give one of these a whirl at some point.

If they were mil/mil I’d have a dozen.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

And FFP with this reticle https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12666128/reticles#Post12666128

They came really close to what I want. It wouldn't even have to be that light.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by prm

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Glass seems excellent. I checked last night about 30 minutes after sunset, and it seems on par with my 2.5-8's. But I was just looking at rooftops a couple streets over. I haven't really had time to spend on it yet. I did focus the eyepiece yesterday, and it seems sharp...but I still need to check at more distance.

Let us know when you get a chance to shoot it from prone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by prm

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Let us know when you get a chance to shoot it from prone.

You want bloody eyebrow pics? lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What is the new reticle that is being discussed?

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Yup hoping they make it mil and put their mil-quad on there. Just wait and see I guess.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ChetAF

Here you go Chet.

http://opticsthoughts.com/?p=2317

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ChetAF

Here you go Chet.

http://opticsthoughts.com/?p=2317

Thanks! I may have to try one of these in the name of science. I am curious if the short eye relief would be an issue on a fairly heavy .270?

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TexasWicked1 / Skylar -

When's the Black Friday sale start?

Link to the page?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,697
Posts18,456,685
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.