-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And this is how things got started at Lexington Green.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
All gun owners are stable folk

No they aren't, but there should be more to take place than a phone call followed by a government sanctioned execution, which is basically what happened here as I understand it.

Last edited by gregintenn; 11/12/18.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I didn't know about the adoption of these "Red Flag" laws. Very, very disturbing.

Aside from that, the police exercised poor judgement serving this order at 5am. No apparent reason for doing so and I'm sure that contributed to the outcome. I also just read, in the link below, that the police chief cited this as evidence that the law is needed.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ac-cn-red-flag-folo-1106-story.html

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just another form of "Swatting".

mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'd like to know what he supposedly did that made his family think he was mentally unstable

He had guns.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Seems like quite a tool to be used by ex wives with a grudge.

Bingo, or by the crazy neighbor who thinks you didn't trim your trees the way he wanted you to. Or any number of other similar scenarios.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FatCity67
He obviously made the decsion to fight it out on the front porch instead of the court.

That will be the decision that others will face under the same circumstances as these types of laws become more pervasive and they will. Highlighted by every "mass" shooting.

If a good chunk of your life savings are tied up in pristine collectable firearms, there can be more to consider than merely winning in court to get them back. What will their value be after they've been tossed into the back of a van together, and stored in a damp environment for a year?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I find this particularly disturbing as well as blatantly unconstitutional. If I haven't done anything wrong, I can't envision standing by and watching police officers load up and haul off my personal property.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I like that "who knows what would have happened if we hadn't gone there at 5am." Like maybe the guy would still be sleeping? They never said what the incident that happened Sunday with the family was.

I trust even less police in places where they have to carry a "department issued" weapon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why do they always come to the house to make arrests? Why don't they wait until the suspect is out & about?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

No, some of them are crazier than a schidthouse rat, and NEED to have their guns taken away. But it needs to be done with due process, in accordance with the tenets that our justice system was founded on.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kennyd
I like that "who knows what would have happened if we hadn't gone there at 5am." Like maybe the guy would still be sleeping? They never said what the incident that happened Sunday with the family was.

It's guaranteed to remain confidential. That's the law. You can report anything to the police, triggering this response, without having to worry about libel suits and such, as they want to encourage such reporting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The process has become very popular.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Why do they always come to the house to make arrests? Why don't they wait until the suspect is out & about?

Why indeed, but no arrest was planned. Just an armed robbery. Resist, and the guns come out.

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Now that the left has complete control here in Colorado again they've already begun to talk about getting a red flag law in place before even being sworn in! Book it! And as others have said this will be abused by the likes of the scorned woman or disgruntled neighbor.

http://amp.thedenverchannel.com/308...uce-controversial-red-flag-gun-bill.html

Last edited by DW7; 11/12/18.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

No, some of them are crazier than a schidthouse rat, and NEED to have their guns taken away. But it needs to be done with due process, in accordance with the tenets that our justice system was founded on.

Exactly, a hearing, with an attorney, in an adversarial environment, a neutral judge, opportunity to confront accusers (no hiding behind confidentiality), and opportunity to hear and refute the charges, etc., etc.. Before all that happens, you are presumed innocent, and your property isn't touched. That's what the Constitution and traditional American jurisprudence requires. Absent that, it's literally nothing short of armed robbery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'd like to know what he supposedly did that made his family think he was mentally unstable

Guns in the house...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the critical point of contact you have two options legal or physical.

There is no societal apparatus to suport you currently should you choose the physical.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by FatCity67
He obviously made the decsion to fight it out on the front porch instead of the court.
That will be the decision that others will face under the same circumstances as these types of laws become more pervasive and they will. Highlighted by every "mass" shooting.
If a good chunk of your life savings are tied up in pristine collectable firearms, there can be more to consider than merely winning in court to get them back. What will their value be after they've been tossed into the back of a van together, and stored in a damp environment for a year?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So the Vikings raid your village, break into your home and, at sword point, demand your life savings. What do you do? Hope that you can win a lawsuit against them at some later date?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
commies being commies and that includes the police. I wouldn't care if both coasts fell into the ocean.

MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (Akhutr, Algotguns, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, Berksbowman, 10 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.