Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just came home from my company retirement party. They presented me with a small tin box form Cabelas. Inside was a picture of a Winchester style lever action rifle and a gift card for $1000 from Cabelas. They flew up to Oklahoma City (where is my office) from Houston (the headquarters) so they said they couldn't actually bring a rifle up with them on the plane.

So now, I am trying to think about what I should buy from Cabelas. I already have every rifle I could ever want and then some. I am thinking more along the lines of a nice over and under or side by side. Maybe I could throw a few more bills at it as need be.

What suggestions has the "Campfire?"

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's easy, a Beretta silver pigeon. But, I'm easy as well.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Congrats on your retirement!

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Are their kayaks and canoes on sale yet?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations on the beginning of the next chapter of your life! Use that 1K as a down payment on some high-end optics: Leica/S&B/Swarovski/Leupold

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Timing is great. Cabela's holiday flyer should be coming out in the next couple weeks.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don't have a good power meat grinder, a 1hp Cabelas grinder is something to behold. I used to use a little Oester, could take me hours to grind. With that 1HP, 20-30 minutes. Then I grind again for a better mix. Awesome grinder.

Good pair of boots?

Smoker?

Fishing gear?

Money to high end optics?

Money to a special gun?

Ammunition?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Trade it for the money??

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OrangeOkie: I am in my 21st full year of retirement and I just want to wish you a happy and long retirement for yourself!
The outfit (city) I worked for opened the door and kicked me in the ass on my last day after 29 years of service!
They did allow me to purchase 2 of the three handguns I had checked out in my name for $60.00 apiece (a mint unfired Smith & Wesson Model 66 and a mint unfired Smith & Wesson Model 60).
My co-workers had a nice going away party for me though.
Good for you on the grand retirement gift - personally I would buy a Remington 700 VLS in a Varmint caliber and top it with a Leupold variable power scope - no matter how many Rifles you already have another Varmint Rifle will come in handy.
Again enjoy your retirement.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a large selection of alpha binoculars, and that would be a cool keep sake.
Congratulations.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by kwg020
That's easy, a Beretta silver pigeon. But, I'm easy as well.

kwg

+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats on your retirement....... I've been retired 2.5 years now. If you have every rifle you'd ever want and "then some"; perhaps some in the "then some" category could be sold and you could browse the gun selection at Cabela's. I've purchased more guns in 2.5 years of retirement than in the last 15 or 20 years of working. Including a Browning Citori that I got as a retirement present to myself and my buddies .257 Weatherby Vanguard that I was lusting after. But I also have a rifle for sale on consignment at a friend's gun shop and have decided to "thin out" a few more just because I need room in the safes. That way if I find another gun I can't live without there will be room for it here. Have a happy retirement and enjoy yourself !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by seattlesetters

Doubt any collection is too big to add one of those to it. Maybe a trip through the Gun Library would turn up something classy. (Doesn't hurt to look at the used guns online also - they can ship store to store for you)

Congrats.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by seattlesetters

Doubt any collection is too big to add one of those to it. Maybe a trip through the Gun Library would turn up something classy. (Doesn't hurt to look at the used guns online also - they can ship store to store for you)

Congrats.

Cabala's gun libraries are history.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I just bought a gun from them not long ago. Are they closing the gun libraries down?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by hanco
I just bought a gun from them not long ago. Are they closing the gun libraries down?

Seems to be the case. I've been in two stores. Libraries are full of new guns an a very few used ones. Used racks are getting smaller. I don't think you can get the library on line from Cabela's webpage any more either. Sad.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Do you fly fish or want to? A nice Sage rod, reel, line, and backing will pretty well use up $1000.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I would buy every single piece of Cabelas Outfitter and Octane I could before its all gone.

E
E
How about a Mauser Model 18? They are new, so you probably dont have one.......yet.

Ed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.