Hop To
#13266527 11/08/18
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
So is he going to give us back the robbed PFDs?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do not believe he can, either through the ruse used by Walker or a legit route. He can go forward and not stop them as Walker did.

Seeing Dunleavey stop the gas line idiocy Walker has been wasting money on would be a great start. Virtually none of that money would have been spent in-state.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I believe only the legislature can do that via appropriation. Ala Palin's energy bonus payment.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏ

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

A
A
I don't expect the PFD to be returned.
But I do hope he reinstates the full PFD.
He has a big job ahead to fix this state I voted for him.
Our state like our Federal Gov needs to get a handle on spending and work within a budget.
More people leaving this state than coming in.

Last edited by Alaska; 11/09/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Alaska
Our state like our Federal Gov needs to get a handle on spending and work within a budget.

The recent drop in oil prices certainly won't make it any easier.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I don't think he can "refund". "lost" dividend amounts. Legislature might be able to. I'm agin it, myself. Bad precedent.

Had a neighbor lady over for dinner a couple nights ago. Staunch Democrat, hates Trump. She was adamant that the PF was set up solely to provide dividends, not to fund anything else.

Would not believe me when I told her it was set up to fund government when the oil ran out, and the dividend thing came years later out of the earnings of investment.

And these people have a vote..... no sense of history, only entitlement.

Last edited by las; 11/10/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las

..no sense of history, only entitlement.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
I don't think he can "refund". "lost" dividend amounts. Legislature might be able to. I'm agin it, myself. Bad precedent.

Had a neighbor lady over for dinner a couple nights ago. Staunch Democrat, hates Trump. She was adamant that the PF was set up solely to provide dividends, not to fund anything else.

Would not believe me when I told her it was set up to fund government when the oil ran out, and the dividend thing came years later out of the earnings of investment.

You sure do hang out with a lot liberal democrats.. you might want to find some new friends or stop inviting known liberals to house for dinner.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by las

You sure do hang out with a lot liberal democrats.. you might want to find some new friends or stop inviting known liberals to house for dinner.

Know thy enema.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by las

Know thy enema.

Very true at least you know what they are thinking.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The late Wynn Vickerman (in-line bullet seater inventor and manufacturer) held various seats in the D party specifically to know what they were planning. He lived in Ellensburg, WA.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well teach, my understanding is that the money is intact and sitting in a separate account. The legislature was not able to spend a dime of the funds. So all they have to do is move it and write checks.The money was taken completely out of the Permanent Fund where it was drawing huge interest and dumped into a separate account and was not squandered as intended. Thanks to one of them there state statutes they was trying to get around.

Bad precedent indeed whistle

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alaska

I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. All too often, those coming in tend to bring unacceptable baggage with them. We need the population to get knocked back to about 500k. We worked better with a smaller population.

In the immortal words of Curly Bill, "Well...............bye."

Even Gov. Hammond stated that we didn't want the PFD to be bait that brought too many people up here. I think we need a string of brutally cold winters that runs the non-hacker riff-raff back down to their L48 holes.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem with people leaving is that they are being replaced by liberal Democrats from Kalifornia, Portland and Seattle.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
The problem with people leaving is that they are being replaced by liberal Democrats from Kalifornia, Portland and Seattle.

Interesting. My business deals with a lot of people that recently moved to AK and I would place CA and WA near the bottom of the list of states new residents are coming from...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What is your business and what are the top three states?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

More like SE Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

More like SE Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.

Amen......and now they are up here in the fall....looking for anything that resembles protein!

Further on Dunleavy.......it appears to me that the Senate is lining up against him......more
RINOs in action.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,435
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.