-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Closed out our Aoudad rut hunts with 4 fine rams and opened up our whitetail season in full swing with a few cull bucks, management bucks, and one nice trophy for a well deserving young man. And let's not forget in our mid day down time we connected on a nice axis buck too!

Happy Hunting
www.westtexashunt.com

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i932.photobucket.com/al...os/20181109_073722_zps1ya0rxuq.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i932.photobucket.com/al...Whitetail/IMG_4473_zps80pcimm2.jpg[/img]

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nice aoudads

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
Nice aoudads

Thank you

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Those are some fine animals Mike, well done sir! Congrats to you and your hunters.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Those are some fine animals Mike, well done sir! Congrats to you and your hunters.

Much appreciated!

www.westtexashunt.com

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So, what do you do with the Aoudad meat? My Hispanic buddies say you can't put enough spices on them to make them edible. We trashed the meat as nobody wanted it. Nice trophies though.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not even good for sausages?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
That is a nice barbary ram.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
So, what do you do with the Aoudad meat? My Hispanic buddies say you can't put enough spices on them to make them edible. We trashed the meat as nobody wanted it. Nice trophies though.

I can't stomach it either. M y son killed a ram here in Kerr County, Texas several years ago and that was the nastiest smelling meat I've ever sniffed. Stunk up the entire house. We used the kill the schitt out of those things on the ranch I hunted north of Van Horn for 30 years. They are fun to hunt, especially the big rams. We had one we called Casper. He was at least 34" around the curl and he could disappear like magic. I guided an 8 month pregnant woman for him once. She climbed literally straight up, didn't complain a bit. I peaked over the edge and Casper was 40 yards away looking at me. she was so pregnant she could barely lean over the edge to shoot. When she did, she shot over his back and the entire herd moved out, QUICK!

Casper and another big muley became an obsession for me the last few years I hunted that ranch. I picked up a dead head that measured 33.25 curl one time.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

I don’t know what they did to it but I’ve had aoudad tamales that were pretty good

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Sadly the over all consensus is that they are about a 1 star rating. Some guys take the meat some do not, they are an exotic so no regs by the state on keeping
the meat.

www.westtexashunt.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys look like a pack of Barbar-barians! grin

cool cool
Definitely rates a Two-Cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Do Aoudads spook when they pick up your scent like deer? I had 7 came through and over the fence last Saturday. They were farting around eating corn. They were downwind of me. I had windows in the stand shut, but air moves through the stand. They suddenly came alive, took off, jumped the fence and were gone. I had no clue they could jump as high as those did. They could have cleared an 8’ fence. Can they smell you as well as hogs and deer?

Thanks. Damn nice Aoudads

We get a half ass one every now and then

[Linked Image]

Last edited by hanco; 11/21/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Y’all notice how young this crop of hunters is? That’s definitely a plus when hunting Aoudads in the Trans Pecos.

I’m sure Mike can put old guys on a trophy but your chances are better if you can climb.

And climb.

And climb.

😀

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
They have excellent vision and decent sense of smell. When you have a group of animals though that is a lot of noses and eyeballs.

curdog4570
I have guided many 65+ year old men and woman to some fine rams. Slow and steady wins the race and patience is key.

www.westtexashunt.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,236
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.