Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I would not wish my experiences or any of the our medical situation on anyone. And truly hope no one here ever has to experience them.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
I wonder if THAT will be the 'test case' sent to the SCOTUS in order to get that onerous BS overturned?

Hard for me to believe that the family will test it.................

Maybe they will if they get approached by a gun friendly group to financially support it & shepherd it forward, but otherwise, I'd bet not.

MM

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I hate to say it but given the standard of current law, these red flag orders are going to be legal. They really aren’t any different in effect or operation than a standard protective order and those are granted willy nilly every single day in every county of every state in the country. And standard protective orders deprive you of your firearms rights as well, it is just that up to now, they haven’t actually gone out and collected them for the duration in most places.

If you really want to know when the camel got its nose under the tent and when the battle was lost, it was in the 90s when the Laufenberg am mementos was passed with bipartisan support.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Redneck
I wonder if THAT will be the 'test case' sent to the SCOTUS in order to get that onerous BS overturned?

Hard for me to believe that the family will test it.................

Maybe they will if they get approached by a gun friendly group to financially support it & shepherd it forward, but otherwise, I'd bet not.

MM

Hmmmm...hard for me to believe the family won't test it. First, I'd lobby the District Attorney's office to file murder charges against the cop or cops who killed him. Then I'd find a decent hungry lawyer (there are a lot of hungry lawyers out there) to suit the officers, the supervisory line up to the Chief, the City (or county) and the State for having such an abortion of a law in the Penal Code.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope the family sues everybody involved. If the NRA really wants to help, they should give the family free legal assistance.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I hope the family sues everybody involved. If the NRA really wants to help, they should give the family free legal assistance.

Couldn't agree more if I tried.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
... I'd lobby the District Attorney's office to file murder charges against the cop or cops who killed him..

Courts have allowed Cops to skate even when they shoot folks without any form of weapon in hand.

in this case we have a guy who lost his temper, grabbed his gun and chose to struggle.

seriously, is there a court in the land that would convict those LEOs...?

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
.. If the NRA really wants to help, they should give the family free legal assistance.

Why wait for the NRA.?.. start a 'gofundme' on social media and see how many 2A types across the nation are actually
interested in sending money to hire a hungry lawyer to sue a city/state for such unconstitutional confiscation laws.

but I think we will have to settle for the usual toothless tiger gun forum internet outrage approach while expecting others
to do something real in taking up the cause.

Originally Posted by JoeBob
I... They really aren’t any different in effect or operation than a standard protective order and those are granted
willy nilly every single day in every county of every state in the country. And standard protective orders deprive you of your
firearms rights as well, ....

people have come to accept old existing laws that deprive them of their rights, the new rage is to be outraged by new laws
that deprive them of the same rights....but Gov already knows that in time they will come to accept them as well....

even Trump as President supports confiscation as 1st priority and citizens rights a distant 2nd.
and with all the glowing gushy praise he regularly pours over LE, means he supports LE in their role
of confiscating guns in such manner.

millions of law abiding armed gun owners could march on DC in protest , but you can bet your balls
that Donald will have the national guard, tanks and other kick ass hardwear ready and waiting to greet them.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 67 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.