Print Thread
Hop To
T
Trystan Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I've never had a problem with em and was just curious how others have faired with the Tikka in snow, sleet, rain, freezing, muddy type conditions. Ya they shoot good but that doesn't mean much if it doesn't go bang when it matters most

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh Formidilosus. grin

You're not going to have any problems with it, but Form can go into detail about some of the conditions he's seen them operate in.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Going to go out on a limb and say they are better then most push feeds

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Canadians chose it to arm their Arctic troops for a reason.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Trystan
I've never had a problem with em and was just curious how others have faired with the Tikka in snow, sleet, rain, freezing, muddy type conditions. Ya they shoot good but that doesn't mean much if it doesn't go bang when it matters most

They are excellent in those conditions. Besides seeing them used side by side with most others, several foreign militaries have tested them in sleet/snow/dust with the only rifles beating them in reliability being AI.

If they replaced the custom Stiller’s and Surgeons with Tikka based rifles tomorrow.... it would be an upgrade.

IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I've been using a Tikka T3 as a backup rifle for years now. In an average season I spend 60 plus days in the field and it always works no matter what the weather is doing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Being made in Finland, I am sure they are designed to work in cold rough wet weather....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Being made in Finland, I am sure they are designed to work in cold rough wet weather....

You would think so, but that's not always the case. When I was AD Air Force, the Air Force was buying Visala weather instruments from Finland as they were Arctic tested. The first year they were put in at Alaska Long Range Radar Sites, most of them failed, and the AF contractor had to reverse engineer them to get them to work properly. The were Arctic tested alright, just not arctic tested by any body of water. Granted weather instruments are not rifles, but just because items are made in Finland doesn't mean they can stand harsh winter climates. I have faith in my Tikka, but it's do to reading actual user posts about them and not just what the company itself has published.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
We usually have at least one Tikka in our elk camp. Some of the hunts have been in heavy snows and also -30*. No problems with the Tikkas. BTW, learn how to field strip the bolt just in case of a fluke incident of freeze up.
They are as easy as a Model 70.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/15/18.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I havnt had any issues in harsh wet conditions here in AK. Freezing ice, snow, wind, mich and water. Never seen a tikka skip a beat here.

Last edited by AKPENDUDE; 11/16/18.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

+1

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 3,048 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.