J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by 65BR
Have you shot the RAR? They tend to shoot pretty well, and have a nice flush fitting magazine, a ball point pen spring will make that trigger sweet.

I have the trigger adjusted, the accuracy compared to CZ 452 and 455 is dismal to pathetic. I have tried two scopes , different ammo and it is ridiculously bad. I might end up just trading it to a gunshop just to get rid of it.

You need to call Ruger and send it to them. They made it , let them.make it right. You will be doing them a favor.The only way their product consistency will improve is if they have to fix them..

The RAR .22LR sporter I had when shot litterally side by side with a very accurate 2016 CZ452 was so close in terms of grouping most folks here would not tell them apart.

Litterally 1/8" separated the overall group averages at 50 yards and many loads shot identically. My Ruger liked CCI mini Mags

What caliber was yoir RAR chambered in?

I know they are good at backing their products, this one is a dog. I might end up doing that

If it is that bad, you should send it in.

They will issue you a call.tag and should pay the freight both ways.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet when it comes back from Ruger, you will be happy. Not to diss a Tikka, or CZ, but the RAR have a solid track record in 22 LR and WMR.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I bet when it comes back from Ruger, you will be happy. Not to diss a Tikka, or CZ, but the RAR have a solid track record in 22 LR and WMR.

I totally agree. My rar 22wmr is pretty damn accurate.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Was able to swap stocks. It took a little more motivation than I originally thought, as the receiver just forward of the chamber seems wider than the T3. But now it’s just like my other Tikkas, Limbsaver pad and all.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I need to re-zero.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks good pharm

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
so was it indeed a drop-in fit or by motivation do you mean you had to motivate a lil sand paper to get the barrel to fit in the channel?
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whitearrow
so was it indeed a drop-in fit or by motivation do you mean you had to motivate a lil sand paper to get the barrel to fit in the channel?
Big Ed

I’m thinking sandpaper was the method. The motivation was made possible by a good Scotch. Pics of the work Pharm if possible. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd sure like to see the .22 lr I paid for last January. 11 months and counting cry

Last edited by Owl; 12/03/18.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

By motivation I mean force. If you look closely at the pic, you’ll see a metal protrusion that runs forward of the chamber. This protrusion didn’t fit into the stock channel without a surprising amount of downward force. And no, I wasn’t misaligning the recoil lug slot. No sandpaper.
The bedding screws pulled the action down nicely. The barrel is floated back to the recoil lug.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me too....My gun distribution people said they don’t have any yet...Hope I see mine before April. Could have a had custom build in the same amount of time,,,for a lot more money. 😐😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was able to swap stocks. It took a little more motivation than I originally thought, as the receiver just forward of the chamber seems wider than the T3. But now it’s just like my other Tikkas, Limbsaver pad and all.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I need to re-zero.

Quinn.... you need a better pad on that kicker😁. [Linked Image]

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
No, I need a can like yours!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Have you shot the RAR? They tend to shoot pretty well, and have a nice flush fitting magazine, a ball point pen spring will make that trigger sweet.

I have the trigger adjusted, the accuracy compared to CZ 452 and 455 is dismal to pathetic. I have tried two scopes , different ammo and it is ridiculously bad. I might end up just trading it to a gunshop just to get rid of it.

You need to call Ruger and send it to them. They made it , let them.make it right. You will be doing them a favor.The only way their product consistency will improve is if they have to fix them..

The RAR .22LR sporter I had when shot litterally side by side with a very accurate 2016 CZ452 was so close in terms of grouping most folks here would not tell them apart.

Litterally 1/8" separated the overall group averages at 50 yards and many loads shot identically. My Ruger liked CCI mini Mags

What caliber was yoir RAR chambered in?

I know they are good at backing their products, this one is a dog. I might end up doing that

If it is that bad, you should send it in.

They will issue you a call.tag and should pay the freight both ways.

Just got off the phone with them and that is what they are doing. Thanks for the info, I had it sitting in timeout in the safe . I will report back when I get it back from them

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hey, guys!

What's the deal with the 'plastic piece' in front of the chamber area? I looked @ one today in .17HMR for $468. and I could not figure out what it was, nor did the salesman? (It had a trigger lock on it. I assume that's what the lawyers make them do these days?)

A nice little rimfire. I do wish they would make a 5 rd. magazine that would fit flush with the bottom of the stock, however! Thank you for any comments on the 'plastic piece'. I know little about them, I admit it.

Brittman

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The plastic piece your referring to is to fill the gap between the stock and barrel. The same stock is used for the T1X as the T3x , only 2 differences that I’m aware of........ the plastic barrel filler and the plastic butt verses the rubber butt pad

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mistem
The plastic piece your referring to is to fill the gap between the stock and barrel. The same stock is used for the T1X as the T3x , only 2 differences that I’m aware of........ the plastic barrel filler and the plastic butt verses the rubber butt pad

mistem,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! I assume it would look pretty much like a gap on each side of the barrel, IF the plastic piece was not in place then? I intend to check the rifle out again shortly - a bit more closely this time. (If Tikka made a stock to match the barrel profile of the rimfire, T1X, I suppose the cost would have been too much for a new mold?)

Thanks again...!

Brittman

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I tell you what, this thing is a nutria killing machine. I am very impressed with it. It’s set up just like my hunting rifles. I am convinced that it will drastically increase my shooting skills.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yes at Sportsman’s in Bend, Oregon

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I tell you what, this thing is a nutria killing machine. I am very impressed with it. It’s set up just like my hunting rifles. I am convinced that it will drastically increase my shooting skills.

That is the type of statement that will spur some into a a buying position.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Owl
I'd sure like to see the .22 lr I paid for last January. 11 months and counting cry

Mine is supposedly enroute to my FFL. Scheduled to be there tomorrow. Hope to pick it up Saturday...

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
445 members (160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.