Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Daily deal is $13.99/300 = $0.42/each

I see Mini-Mags for that, but not Stingers.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mini-Mags rule!

I like those AR jobbers too.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by deflave
I never had any issues with them.

Stingers on the other hand...

I haven't shot a lot of 22s for a while, but when I did hunt with them a lot stingers were my favorites, for critters up to and including deer size. This was from both an effectiveness on game and a reliability in all action types standpoint.

What issues have you had with them?

Failures to extract and not fit chambers.

Not the most accurate things either but certainly good enough for hunting.

Odd. I never had that issue with a 10/22, a Marlin 39 and several random bolt guns.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think chambers have been getting inadvertently tighter as years have gone by and the Stinger case doesn’t jive as a result.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks.

I should shoot my .22s more often, but don't for some reason. I am sure I still have a few boxes of 2000-era stingers around here somewhere...

Maybe I'll get a bit more serious about cottontails this winter: not that I need stingers for them.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You guys that love Stingers are behind the times. Velocitors are where it's at for the hot stuff.

CCI premium ammo.
Surpasses Stingers at 50 yards. Look it up.
Energy levels at 100 yards are the same as standard velocity long rifle's at the muzzle and better than Stingers.
A full dimpled 40gr bullet vs 32gr for the Stinger.

The most important comparison: The Velocitors are very accurate in every .22 long rifle gun I have. Handguns and rifles ( which are more than a few).
I never had very good accuracy with Stingers in any gun. But I'm a stickler.

I have tried the new hot Winchester's and Browning's. They are not as good in the dozen guns I have shot them in.

But, to the OP, the .22 long rifle has no equal in versatility.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a cheapskate when it comes to shooting my rimfires, within reason. I just can't bring myself to pay the price for 17 HMR ammo for the amount of rimfire shooting I do. I'm also a stickler for accuracy in my .22's and I tend to experiment with the middle range ammo in my rimfires to see what shoots best as each seems to have its own preference. I've found some very good ammo for decent prices for each rifle that shoots very well and most of it tends to be SV ammo, but the CCI Minimags are also very good, but not excellent, in most of my rimfires.
When it comes to game shooting like rabbits, sage rats, and the like I still prefer Winchester Power points even though the new crop made here aren't up to snuff with the Australian produced stuff of the past for accuracy.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gibby
You guys that love Stingers are behind the times. Velocitors are where it's at for the hot stuff.

CCI premium ammo.
Surpasses Stingers at 50 yards. Look it up.
Energy levels at 100 yards are the same as standard velocity long rifle's at the muzzle and better than Stingers.
A full dimpled 40gr bullet vs 32gr for the Stinger.

The most important comparison: The Velocitors are very accurate in every .22 long rifle gun I have. Handguns and rifles ( which are more than a few).
I never had very good accuracy with Stingers in any gun. But I'm a stickler.

I have tried the new hot Winchester's and Browning's. They are not as good in the dozen guns I have shot them in.

But, to the OP, the .22 long rifle has no equal in versatility.

I just went out and checked on my rimfire stash. In addition to several bricks of random Thunderbolt, American Eagle and Blazer ammo, I have two boxes of mini mags, plus some CeeBees and CB shorts! This things are so much fun to shoot mice and flies with!

No stingers or Velocitors, though I didn't look real hard. I'll dig a bit more this evening.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get the .22. Given the ammo choices, you'll find that you can and will do more with it.

The .17HMR is a specialty cartridge. I have both. I bring the .17 out during fur season as it's very fur-friendly on foxes and similar sized furbearers using the CCI TNTs, but my .22s get more use.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
My advice to you is obtain some of each and enjoy them both.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I think that's the way forward. I have a 17 HMR right now, but no 22 LR rifle.

Doesn't everybody NEED at least one personalized Ruger 10/22?

For under $500 you could get a 10/22 with a modular copper mica stock from CDNN for $219, a replacement high comb stock module for around $20 on eBay, a replacement BX trigger for around $55, and a replacement barrel from Green Mountain for around $200.

Or you could pick up a Marlin 60 for under a hundred and out shoot the Ruger....even with thunder bolts....

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

For under $500 you could get a 10/22 with a modular copper mica stock from CDNN for $219, a replacement high comb stock module for around $20 on eBay, a replacement BX trigger for around $55, and a replacement barrel from Green Mountain for around $200.

Or you could pick up a Marlin 60 for under a hundred and out shoot the Ruger....even with thunder bolts....

Pretty sure you just typed a whole lot of nonsense on more than one level.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Marlin 60s and 795s are OK, but was born to tinker and they are too plebeian for my taste.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For fun and low cost .22lr. For multi purpose .22magnum

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For fun and low cost .22lr. For multi purpose .22magnum.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Plus 1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
$40.00 for 1600 rounds of Federal Black Box 22 LR delivered - Nuff Said !!

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Hummer is a WICKED Bastard and easily outclasses the 22 Mag in Accuracy and Precision,as it's ammo is routinely fhuqking spectacular. Trouble is,it's always a herd of DUMB Fhuqks,with schit rigging and nary a first fhuqking clue,trying to comment upon same. Hint.

Hummer Terminal Affects,when launched from a Skookum platform(which aligns Accuracy/Precision),is crazy good. Have seen multiple Woofs frozen with a single poke from same(17gr 'Max),beyond the 100yd line. I only shoot the Hummer in a pair of Custom Garrow Krunchentickers(FF tubed,CMC Flatties,yada,yada),a Custom Clark barreled 77/22(LW spout,McMillan stock,RB trigger,yada,yada) and an Anschutz 54 1717D HB. All will shoot under a 1/2" at 100yds and the '54 is just plum fhuqking amazing. The JARD Krunchenticker is no slouch...but when talking that much chamber pressure,I want some form of locking lug,to keep things in battery. A pard had his Magnum Research Hummer cook outta battery and such things will immediately grab one's attention. Hint.

The Garrow taps gas and locks bearings in receiver,to ascertain battery lock up. Rather nice design,that is both simplistic and trouble free,showing great reliability and durability. Mike is good people.

[Linked Image]

I rather like the 17 Whizzum,but it pales to the Hummer,as viable platforms go. The Ruger 17/77's are sensational in said chambering(as well as Hummer),though I rather like my Franklin 17L Krunchenticker(FF tubed,CMC,yada,yada). The Franklin Whizzums are piston guns,for chamber pressure control.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The JARD 17 Whizzums/Hummers are straight blowback.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As 22LR's go,the Vudoo is simply KING. The last thing I want,is a "deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit and it's hilarious that Turd Polishers swoon schit ammo! Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

The 22LR behaves better at Long Range,as it transitions transonic more happily(if not started there to begin with). It trumps the Hummer in Long Range Wind Drift and Cross Eyed Drooling DUMB Fhuqks can't begin to fathom,gunning a 22LR to the 700yd line. The Vudoo is simply a MUST,if only because I have lotsa everything and it's easy for me to say. I'm hoping Paul offers same in both 17 Hummer and Whizzum,because I'd greedily add both to the larder.

Never been difficult to cypher,who shoots and who don't.

Hint.

Laughing!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Hummer is a WICKED Bastard and easily outclasses the 22 Mag in Accuracy and Precision; quote from the dumbest of fuucks? Makes alot of sense... Haha

Also, a hummer will not out kill a 22 mag, anybody that claims it does, hasn't done much killin with either..... 17 aint a bad tweety bird rifle... Hint

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What was the odds of a Brokedick Turd Polishing Pecker Pole Princess chiming in and TRYING to "talk" rifles,as she sets on the sideline rattlin' her pom-pom's? Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Offa the top of my head,I've only gunned the 22 WMR chambering in Ruger 77/22's(Custom and OEM),Ruger 10/22's(Custom and OEM),VQ Self Shuckers,Magnum Research Self Shuckers,an H&K Self Shucker,AMT Pistoles(Self Shuckers),Ruger Wheelguns,S&W Wheelguns,High Standard Wheelguns,Winchester 61's,Rossi 61's,Winchester 94/22's,Keltec Pistoles(Self Shuckers),Krico turnbolt,64 Annie's,54 Annie's,Contenders(Custom) and likely more than a few others(that's an understatement). Google it all. Hint.

BE SURE to correlate the platforms you are extolling in a critique,because NOTHING is fhuqking funnier than a DUMB Fhuqk trying! Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my having more Splendid rimfire wares in the backseat of my crummy,this very second,than you have or ever will "see" in your "life". Hint. LAUGHING!

Slow Mail Day yesterday,due weather and Holiday timing.

Cheer up,one can load K-Horn's in 'em too,so as to reap both the capacity increase and positive headspace. Google it all. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Nice that the Grock shot to it's sights,along with more mainstays. Google it all. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Only (1) new rifle arrived though and now you can say you've "seen" one of them too...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

[Linked Image]

Better poke them pics in "your" album.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Big Stick, I am curious - you always jump into a conservation attacking other people and showing them the truth. Why don't you ever start a conversation showing us something you have done. Maybe start a thread about the best deer rifle, best scope, what ever.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 222ND, 68 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.