Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Ordered one from Whittakers yesterday, price was right. So for those that have one what did you scope it with? Was thinking Leupold VX2 2-7x33 or the Freedom 2 2-7x33. Thanks
Also, anyone Dyna Bore Kote rimfire barrels?

Last edited by sidepass; 11/19/18.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mine shoots pretty well with the usual stuff like MiniMags, Aguila SE-HV, and some others. I use the Simmons 22Mag 3-9AO scope on my rimfires, they're actually pretty good little scopes. I had a Leupold on it, but the parallax messed me up pretty bad, so I went to the "rimfire" scopes. I like 'em. I have several of them on various rimfire rifles.

They aren't target rifles, but the handling is superb, and they shoot "plenty good enough". I have two of them in that configuration, a .22LR and a stainless .22WMR. Good little rifles. Keep the chambers clean, though, they sometimes have issues with extraction. The Magnums have it more often than the LR guns. I like them.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought one of the Predators in 22 mag. from Whittakers.

I put an old Leupold fixed 8X W/A.O. on mine.

Shoots excellent! I can dial the yardage for up close, about 20-25 yards.

Had mine Cearakoted to make it more compatible with damp weather.

It's my most used rifle for "guarding" my bird feeder.(GRIN!)

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a 22 LR stainless/threaded.

Close but not quite as good as my CZ 452. Maybe with some ammo down the tube it will tighten a little?

Still I like certain attributes over the CZ; stainless, uses 10-22 magazines and the tang safety.

Jerry

Oh yeah, I've got a Weaver 2-7 rimfire scope on mine... I really like these scopes.

Also agree the Simmon's 22 Mag scopes though quite in-expensive, are a decent scope. If I was looking for a low end scope I would go with one of these.

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 11/20/18.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Rifle has a rail for scope mounting , so what rings did you use please? Right now thinking Tract 22 fire scope, price is right.

Last edited by sidepass; 11/22/18.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I bought a model 8334 a couple of weeks ago. Planning to put a SWFA 6MQ on just for fun. Adjusted the trigger down to 3# but have not fired it yet. Nice little rifle. It will be a plinker and maybe a muskrat gun.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Bought my last year for a dedicated side by side rig. Handy little rifle and shoots good too. Went with an extra vx2 4-12 I had laying around last year. I just put a vx1 2-7 on it but haven’t shot it yet. I’m using Burris Zee rings. Like it enough I wouldn’t mind picking one up in the mag version.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
BATSCH30
"Like it enough I wouldn’t mind picking one up in the mag version."

Mine took awhile before it decided it wanted to shoot well, about eight months. It still favors, barely, the 30gr. Hornady VMax load, but only by the smallest of margins. It shoots pretty well with any CCI 40gr. load, and it shoots all three of those loads to the same POI, which endears them to me. My rifle also shoots the 50gr. Federal load pretty well, but a re-zero is mandatory at 100 yards. I like mine, but it seems to be temperature-dependent, it doesn't shoot all that well below 50 degrees. All in all, it's a handy little rifle, but that is a serious aggravation, since most good hunting is in cooler temperatures.
Of course, the next rifle off the line might not exhibit those annoyances. Best of luck, regardless.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
BATSCH30

Mine took awhile before it decided it wanted to shoot well, about eight months. It still favors, barely, the 30gr. Hornady VMax load, but only by the smallest of margins. It shoots pretty well with any CCI 40gr. load, and it shoots all three of those loads to the same POI, which endears them to me. My rifle also shoots the 50gr. Federal load pretty well, but a re-zero is mandatory at 100 yards. I like mine, but it seems to be temperature-dependent, it doesn't shoot all that well below 50 degrees. All in all, it's a handy little rifle, but that is a serious aggravation, since most good hunting is in cooler temperatures.
Of course, the next rifle off the line might not exhibit those annoyances. Best of luck, regardless.

How do know you it's the gun and not the AMMUNITION that is temp sensitive?

The accuracy of almost every 22 LR load made WILL fall off a bit under 40 degrees F . Why would a .22 magnum be any different?

Just wondering why you would assume it was the rifle.

FWIW, you might disassemble the bolt and check for any pscked grease and /or debris that might hinder ignition in cooler weather. That could be the issue.

Last edited by jk16; 12/01/18.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jk16
it doesn't shoot all that well below 50 degrees.

The accuracy of almost every 22 LR load made WILL fall off a bit under 40 degrees F .
[/quote]

Maybe he never got it down to 40 degrees. Maybe only 41. Esplain DAT.....

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
BATSCH30

The accuracy of almost every 22 LR load made WILL fall off a bit under 40 degrees F . Why would a .22 magnum be any different?

FWIW, you might disassemble the bolt and check for any pscked grease and /or debris that might hinder ignition in cooler weather. That could be the issue.

You're right, of course, it could be the ammo, but the rifle DID shoot a lot better after I cranked down the action 'farmer-tight' into the stock. That was a big change, but I did that in the summer. So yes, it could have been the ammo...........

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
BATSCH30

You're right, of course, it could be the ammo, but the rifle DID shoot a lot better after I cranked down the action 'farmer-tight' into the stock. That was a big change, but I did that in the summer. So yes, it could have been the ammo...........

I just mention it because I did some pretty extensive cold vs warm weather 22 LR testing last year which involved both a CZ452 and RAR sporter of known accuracy . Once you got down close to freezing, the group sizes with most ammo opened up in both rifles.

My biggest pet peeve are individual guns that throw the first shot out if a cold bore out of the rest of the group. And they can show up in any brand.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An ammo "critique" via said wares,is simply HILARIOUS!

Bless your heart!

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sidepass
Ordered one from Whittakers yesterday, price was right. So for those that have one what did you scope it with? Was thinking Leupold VX2 2-7x33 or the Freedom 2 2-7x33. Thanks

You want one of Bob's extended 25MOA rails and a 6x MQ,preferably wearing 'Horn rings. EVERYTHING below zero range on the erector,is 100% useless.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ammo Test Beds(Vudoo wears a Bart').

[Linked Image]

Hint...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ammo Test Beds.

[Linked Image]

Hint................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ammo Test Bed...heavy Bart' Vudoo,second from bottom.

[Linked Image]

Hint..................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Big stick, why don't you take the "Hint". that nobody asked for your dumb azzes opinion.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GREAT time for you to fill out(yet another) Hurt Feelers Report.

Pardon Facts and Physics,swooning your Estrogen levels...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by sidepass

You want one of Bob's extended 25MOA rails and a 6x MQ,preferably wearing 'Horn rings. EVERYTHING below zero range on the erector,is 100% useless.

Hint.................

Have a 6x MQ , where does one get a Bob's extended 25 moa rail?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,822
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.