Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
That's good news - but why do all the warranty cards on the Nikon website indicate that rangefinders or binoculars with electronics have a limited warranty? I'd very much like to see something officially published from Nikon regarding the warranty, as "Angelo said it had a lifetime warranty" isn't going to cut it I buy a set and in three years the rangefinder dies and they refuse to cover the warranty. Especially when everything they have published on their site indicates a limited warranty.

Because they haven’t updated the cards. There are official Nikon videos that state they whole thing has a lifetime warrenty.

The two I got came with a note stating that the whole thing was covered under the No Fault Warrenty.

Again, great news. Formid, by any chance in your bino/rf testing have you used the Meopta MeoRange, or the same one rebadged as a Leupold unit? I thought they were coming with it last year but didn't, and have seen Shockey hunting the world with it hanging around his neck. Almost wished I'd waited in buying the demo Geovid and bought this Nikon instead.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
That's good news - but why do all the warranty cards on the Nikon website indicate that rangefinders or binoculars with electronics have a limited warranty? I'd very much like to see something officially published from Nikon regarding the warranty, as "Angelo said it had a lifetime warranty" isn't going to cut it I buy a set and in three years the rangefinder dies and they refuse to cover the warranty. Especially when everything they have published on their site indicates a limited warranty.

Because they haven’t updated the cards. There are official Nikon videos that state they whole thing has a lifetime warrenty.

The two I got came with a note stating that the whole thing was covered under the No Fault Warrenty.

Excellent info, good that Nikon includes a published piece of material.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nikon’s webpage for the Laserforce binocular has the lifetime warranty at the bottom, but specifically excludes rangefinders. Their written warranty seems quite clear and unambiguous.

https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//binoculars/laserforce-10x42.html

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Nikon’s webpage for the Laserforce binocular has the lifetime warranty at the bottom, but specifically excludes rangefinders. Their written warranty seems quite clear and unambiguous.

https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//binoculars/laserforce-10x42.html

Which is why I posted what I posted closer to the top of the page.

Originally Posted by JGRaider

LIFETIME REPAIR/REPLACEMENT
Excludes lost or stolen products and intentionally caused damage, and also excludes Nikon Rangefinders, Reflex Sights, Red Dot Sights, StabilEyes Binoculars & Specialty Optics.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yes you did JGR, sorry thought you were quoting the general warranty page. Did not realize you linked the product page.

I’ll wait to see a change in writing, but this price point is encouraging if the LRF is durable.

My Swaro LRF is ten years ago and still works as well as day one. My Sig 2000 LRF died on the third outing. Two pair of Leica LRF binos both failed in the first 30 days. A Sig 2200 will be first choice this season with the Swaro as backup.

Most seem to focus on ranging distance, but durability and reliable function in bright overhead sun on hot humid days matters most to me.

I truly hope this is a reliable and durable product.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Formid, by any chance in your bino/rf testing have you used the Meopta MeoRange, or the same one rebadged as a Leupold unit? I thought they were coming with it last year but didn't, and have seen Shockey hunting the world with it hanging around his neck.

They are FANTASTIC. Clarity, contrast, color rendition, and brightness are top notch. About half of the people who have used them have chosen them over the Swarovski and Leica BRF’s. The rangefinder is a solid 1,300-1,400m unit, and ranges well.

[Linked Image]

UNTIL it gets cold. The problem is in the cold (sub 30 degree) the rangefinder takes a dive. Like all but unusable past 200-300m. The elk above could only be ranged maybe once or twice out of 20-30 tries. The Nikons and Swaros had no issue.

Up until the cold weather testing a few weeks ago, I would have said they are the BRF to beat. If they get the cold weather issue taken care of- they still will be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had that problem a couple of days ago with my Leica Geovid 2200 that I got from Doug. Ranges fantastic in 30+ degree weather, but struggles at beyond 250 meters when the temp gets below freezing. Not too happy about that, as it doesn't do me much good as a hunter to have a BRF that doesn't work in the weather we get during hunting season. The RF in my Bushnell Fusion worked WAY better in cold weather. I'll likely be contacting Doug to see if this is something the warranty should address.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I had that problem a couple of days ago with my Leica Geovid 2200 that I got from Doug. Ranges fantastic in 30+ degree weather, but struggles at beyond 250 meters when the temp gets below freezing. Not too happy about that, as it doesn't do me much good as a hunter to have a BRF that doesn't work in the weather we get during hunting season. The RF in my Bushnell Fusion worked WAY better in cold weather. I'll likely be contacting Doug to see if this is something the warranty should address.

They’ll do something about it, but that isn’t uncommon with quite a few, especially Leica.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the info Form and Jordan. Doesn't get too cold here but that still sucks.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
So is a guy better to go for the Leica, Nikon, or wait on the meopta?

Judges 21:25
“Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”

Liberal=liberated from God...How's that working out?
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes you did JGR, sorry thought you were quoting the general warranty page. Did not realize you linked the product page.

I’ll wait to see a change in writing, but this price point is encouraging if the LRF is durable.

My Swaro LRF is ten years ago and still works as well as day one. My Sig 2000 LRF died on the third outing. Two pair of Leica LRF binos both failed in the first 30 days. A Sig 2200 will be first choice this season with the Swaro as backup.

Most seem to focus on ranging distance, but durability and reliable function in bright overhead sun on hot humid days matters most to me.

No prob jeffbird. You've sure had some tough luck with bino/rf's haven't you? What are you using now? If my Leica is going to die, I wish it would do so pronto, as in now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd like to try the Nikon's. I'm colorblind and struggled seeing the display in the Leica Geovids (love Leica glass) against a green/brown background, so eventually settled on the Bushnell Fusion Miles. They have the brightest and largest display I've found, which is a drawback for some, but a necessity for me. The glass is nothing to brag about, but the LRF is fantastic and I haven't found a scenario where I couldn't see the display and they've worked from sea level to 8k feet and from below freezing to well over 100 degrees.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought a Laserforce from Doug this past summer. I carried them on a 10 day safari in Africa- they were my only glass that trip. We ended up doing some culling and the ranging was nice. I have two buddies who have the Leicas. The glass may be better but the rangefinding aspect is not as good.

.I have compared them with my Swarovskis and with the Leicas. I think they are the best rangefinder you can buy for less that $10K.
The glass is very good but not as good as the Swaro ELs or similar Alpha glass. I have used them extensively this year guiding deer hunts. Temperatures have not gotten much lower than 20's but they still worked to over 2200 yards even in 27-28*.

I am very pleased with them.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

No prob jeffbird. You've sure had some tough luck with bino/rf's haven't you? What are you using now? If my Leica is going to die, I wish it would do so pronto, as in now.

I am trying the Sig 2200 at the moment, which Sig sent me to replace the unit that died. So far it has worked and done everything needed. I still take the Swaro as a backup.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How does the glass on the Laserforce compare to say... Meopta Meostar 10x42s? Just wondering what folks mean by "good".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How does the glass on the Laserforce compare to say... Meopta Meostar 10x42s? Just wondering what folks mean by "good".

I would say it is between the Meopro and the MeoStar

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks, Doug! I may have to try a pair of the Nikons.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Doug! I may have to try a pair of the Nikons.

The $200.00 instant rebate ends tomorrow so if you do want to today's the day. I'm in all day (of course) so just give a holler

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Quick question on the Nikons. Does the range data come through the right or left barrel of the unit?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by buckhorn
Quick question on the Nikons. Does the range data come through the right or left barrel of the unit?

It is in the right side

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.