Bugger Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Grandma's Invitation

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Grandma's Invitation

Dear Family,

I'm not dead yet. Thanksgiving is still important to me. If being in my Last Will and Testament is important to you, then you might consider being with me for my favorite holiday.

Dinner is at 2:00

Not 2:15

Not 2:05

Two. 2:00

Arrive late and you get what's left over.

Last year, that moron, Ron, fried a turkey in one of those contraptions and practically burned the deck off the house. This year, the only peanut oil used to make the meal will be from the secret scoop of peanut butter I add to the carrot soup.

Daryl, your last new wife is an idiot. You don't arrive at someone's house on Thanksgiving needing to use the oven and the stove. Honest to God, I thought you might have learned after two wives - date them longer and save us all the agony of another divorce.

Will, this year, the house rules are slightly different because I have decided that 47% of you don't know how to take care of nice things. Paper plates and red Solo cups might be bad for the environment, but I'll be gone soon and that will be your problem to deal with.

House Rules:

1. The University of Texas no longer plays Texas A&M. The television stays off during the meal.

2. Laura, the "no cans for kids" rule still exists. We are using 2-liter bottles because your children still open a third can before finishing the first two. Parents can fill a child's cup when it is empty. All of the cups have names on them and I'll be paying close attention to refills.

3. Sheryl, last year we were at Bob's house and I looked the other way when your Jell-O salad & Fritos showed up. This year, if Jell-O salad comes in the front door it will go right back out the back door with the garbage. Save yourself some time, honey. You've never been a good cook and you shouldn't bring something that wiggles more than you. Buy something from the bakery.

4. Grandmothers give grandchildren cookies and candy. That is a fact of life. Shane & Daniel, your children can eat healthy at your home. At my home, they can eat whatever they like as long as they finish it.

5. Christina, I cook with bacon and bacon grease. That's nothing new. You're being a vegetarian doesn't change the fact that stuffing without bacon is like egg salad without eggs. Even the green bean casserole has a little bacon grease in it. That's why it tastes so good. Not eating bacon is just not natural. And as far as being healthy... look at me. I've outlived almost everyone I know.

6. Mimi & Claire, salad at Thanksgiving is a waste of space.

7. Sareen & Sarah, I do not like cell phones at family get togethers. If you sit at the table and text on your phone when here, or if you decide you must talk to someone during dinner, I will take it from you and drop it into a pot of crackling hot bacon grease on the stove that is there just for that purpose.

8. Andy & Timmy, I do not like video cameras. There will be 32 people here. I am sure you can capture lots of memories without the camera pointed at me.

9. Being a mother means you have to actually pay attention to the kids. I have nice things and I don't put them away just because company is coming over. Jen & Steve, watch your kids and I'll watch my things. I know what is here, so don't force me to frisk and search when the party is over.

10. Nancy, a cat that requires a shot twice a day is a cat that has lived too many lives. I think staying home to care for the cat is your way of letting me know that I have lived too many lives too. I can live with that. Can you?

11. Words mean things. I say what I mean. Let me repeat: You don't need to bring anything means you don't need to bring anything. And if I did tell you to bring something, bring it in the quantity I said. Really, this doesn't have to be difficult.

12. Dominos and cards are better than anything that requires a battery or an on/off switch. That was true when you were kids and it's true now that you have kids.

13. Amber, showing up for Thanksgiving guarantees presents at Christmas. Not showing up guarantees a card that may or may not be signed.

14. Bryan, in memory of your Grandfather, the back fridge will be filled with beer. Drink until it is gone. I prefer wine anyway. But one person from each family needs to be the designated driver and must have a valid driver's license.

I really mean all of the above.

Love You,

Grandma

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Excellent!
salad at Thanksgiving is a waste of space.

Truer words were never spoken.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
698 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.