-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am partway through Russel Annabel's "the Way We Were, vol 5", really enjoying it. I can't help but notice some subtle similarities to Jim Rearden's writing style at times. These two somewhat overlapped in writing careers, didn't they?

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Alaskan wolfman

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Alaskan wolfman

? story about Ironbender???
lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kid0917
I am partway through Russel Annabel's "the Way We Were, vol 5", really enjoying it. I can't help but notice some subtle similarities to Jim Rearden's writing style at times. These two somewhat overlapped in writing careers, didn't they?

Overlapped a bit, yes, but quite different.

Annabel was quite a bit of a wierdo in a lot of ways. Attributed a lot of mysticism to Native Alaskans in ways no one else seems to have... for one thing. If one is driving to Palmer these days and makes the turn at the Parks Highway exchange and heads up the first hill toward Palmer, Annabel lived right near the top of that hill on the north side. That was before the highway...

Later he got a place up the Parks by train at Goose Creek. That was of course before the Parks Highway was built.

Return to Toonaklut: The Russell Annabel Story by Jeff Davis is not a bad read... Editor should have done more for him...

https://www.amazon.com/Return-Toonaklut-Russell-Classics-Big-Game/dp/1571572503

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Alaskan wolfman

? story about Ironbender???
lol

He should have kept his sweater on...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Annabel was quite a bit of a wierdo in a lot of ways. Attributed a lot of mysticism to Native Alaskans in ways no one else seems to have... for one thing. If one is driving to Palmer these days and makes the turn at the Parks Highway exchange and heads up the first hill toward Palmer, Annabel lived right near the top of that hill on the north side. That was before the highway...

Later he got a place up the Parks by train at Goose Creek. That was of course before the Parks Highway was built.

Return to Toonaklut: The Russell Annabel Story by Jeff Davis is not a bad read... Editor should have done more for him...

I did notice an amazing amount of one-shot DRT kills on diverse big game in this book, perhaps some of his work was fancy based on long term memory of actual events. The Mexico stories are also captivating in their own way, and he seems well versed with cayuses.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
[quote=kid0917]I am partway through Russel Annabel's "the Way We Were, vol 5", really enjoying it. I can't help but notice some subtle similarities to Jim Rearden's writing style at times. These two somewhat overlapped in writing careers, didn't they?

Just started on this one Art.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
[quote=kid0917]I am partway through Russel Annabel's "the Way We Were, vol 5", really enjoying it. I can't help but notice some subtle similarities to Jim Rearden's writing style at times. These two somewhat overlapped in writing careers, didn't they?

Just started on this one Art.

Toonaklut just burned, BTW.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
That is too bad.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,072
Posts18,463,743
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.