Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I shortened mine, but found that they no longer worked to throw over one shoulder and tuck under the opposite arm, which was a desired option for using the RYO harness to begin with. So, I moved on to a better protected setup.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I shortened mine, but found that they no longer worked to throw over one shoulder and tuck under the opposite arm, which was a desired option for using the RYO harness to begin with. So, I moved on to a better protected setup.

Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks smile

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Another AGC user here. I don't mind the bulkiness and am willing to trade it for the increased protection from the elements, plus it gives me extra storage for and easy access to my rangefinder, lens pen, extra ammo, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
The thing I hate about most of the pouch-type harnesses, is they hang down around your belly-button like granny's sagging tiddies. Nobody seems willing to re-do a harness for me, one-size-fits-all bullchit. I want them high and tight, so have to chop and fix them my very own self.

Which pouch type harnesses are you referring to?

The AGC and FHF have strap systems that suck the entire unit right up tight to your chest, well above your stomach, and it stays there. No granny titties involved☹. I wish Kifaru would make one. I'd try it in a heartbeat.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
AGC and Marsupial. The AGC harness was the worse, and top straps needed to be raised to above the second little strap keeper thingy and the frigging strap 'tail' on back had to be cut off and raised.

IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Never had that problem hunts’, you must wear it a lot higher than I do.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Odd. I wonder if Hunts had a real early version, before they worked the bugs out. I like how my FHF rides high up on my chest. Literally right on my rock hard pecks and above my washboard abs. Secure and out of the way. One of several reasons I went away from the Crooked Horn (besides what I wrote above) was that the binos constantly were sliding down near my crotch, regardless of how I adjusted the harness.

I think we're thin enough that we have to cut the excess tail off of any strap that is used to secure something to us (uh....forget I said that).

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I need to keep mine up off the beergut.....
[Linked Image]

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ya, I probably wear it a little lower than some but haven’t had any problems with running out of room.

Surprised they could slide down past your beer gut with the CH.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Laffin’, we were posting beer gut at the same time.

You wear yours a lot higher then I do.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I like mine up that high, or maybe just a touch lower.

Hanging around my belly just didn't feel right, and it was swaying all over the place. The closer to my nips, the more secure mine feels.

I could make so many jokes about what I just typed.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I need to keep mine up off the beergut.....
[Linked Image]

Dude, blue jeans? Seriously?

You're putting your life on the line. Cotton kills ya know?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I wear mine where the top is just below my nipples.

I know the mention of my nipples excites you but control yourself.

Originally Posted by T_Inman

Hanging around my belly just didn't feel right, and it was swaying all over the place. The closer to my nips, the more secure mine feels.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
one thing I do like about the pouch style harness', is you can unclip the lower left buckle and swing it over to use it for a rear bag when shooting prone off a bipod...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Another thing I did, was to add a pair of buckles to my daypack shoulder straps. Toss the harness in the pack and attach the binoc pouch direct to the pack, less the lower buckles. When you shuck yer pack, all ya gotta do is release one side and it all stays together.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
I wear mine where the top is just below my nipples.

I know the mention of my nipples excites you but control yourself.

Originally Posted by T_Inman

I was both curious (not about your nips or my sexuality) and bored so I put my FHF on, and I guess I don't wear it near as high up as I thought. The top of the harness is just an inch or so below my nips. That's where it seems to feel the most secure, with no movement, so I guess Hunts' is wearing his quite a bit higher than I do.

Never thought about using one for a rear rest like that Hunts...that's a damn good idea. I always thought a bino harness looked gayer than a rainbow flag up the ass, but they are nice to have.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You’re always Macgyvering.

I like the AGC cause I can drop the pac on a final stalk and have the binocs, muzzle loader vials, wind checker etc but going to have to try your idea.

Another thing I did, was to add a pair of buckles to my daypack shoulder straps. Toss the harness in the pack and attach the binoc pouch direct to the pack, less the lower buckles. When you shuck yer pack, all ya gotta do is release one side and it all stays together.....

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I've been using the Marsupial since they came out and continue to be very happy with their product.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Kuiu harness is the best there is,light weight,convenient,quiet and protects while being comfortable.I use the Kuiu with my Geovids

Maybe where you hunt they work but in the desert they SUCK. The flap that covers is open constantly, dust just pools in the case. I tried one for this season because I said I would but will not use it after the first of the year. I think it is a really stupid design which is not the norm for Kuiu.

I know a lot of full-time hunters and NONE of them use this pouch and most of them wear Kuiu clothes. That says something.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have tried the S4, crooked horn, Allen, FHF & Agc so far. The FHF is nice but I’ve gone with the Big AGC and it carries tags, knife, Leica rangefinder, wind checker, extra ammo, lens cleaner, pen & zip tie so it is all I need if I shoot something and can drop my pack if I’m in a huge hurry running to the top of the ridge or just taking a short scout with a rifle it has everything to be legal as well.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 67 invisible), 3,458 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.