Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by markopolo50
Chip/Caribou, I've conversed with you a couple times on the Alaska outdoor forum. ..... I do enjoy your "handle" on Alaska forum better though. I know you are not from Mars, but didn't know about Montana!!!

Mark

Charles Manson had that book in his back pack when they caught him.....Heiline (?) is a good author for sure.

It has always been my story telling point of view, as a Stranger in a Strange land.
The Arctic can, indeed, be very strange.... I dont mind a bit, it's where I fit, though its been long enough 1/2 the kids in town call me 'uncle'' and the rest of everybody calls by my name, and I know all theirs ,too..LOL!!

Im not so 'Strange'' around this village or the Tundra and Seas anymore, but rather 'average', and along for the ride.

Last edited by Caribou; 11/22/18.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick
BP-B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Great Pic Chip! got the little fellow starting off right!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"... 1/2 the kids in town call me 'uncle'' and the rest of everybody calls by my name, and I know all theirs ,too"

You are a wealthy man.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 5thShock
"... 1/2 the kids in town call me 'uncle'' and the rest of everybody calls by my name, and I know all theirs ,too"

You are a wealthy man.

Thanks,5thShock, I feel lucky.

The wife, she has 9 sisters and 5 brothers, and uncountable cousins......you can say I ''married into '' that wealth laugh

Villages are a cross section of Americana, rich, poor, hard workers and bums, deep problems advantages and harsh reality keep it moving forward into 2019......

Last edited by Caribou; 11/23/18.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Caribou
Chip/Caribou, I've conversed with you a couple times on the Alaska outdoor forum. ..... I do enjoy your "handle" on Alaska forum better though. I know you are not from Mars, but didn't know about Montana!!!

Mark

Charles Manson had that book in his back pack when they caught him.....Heiline (?) is a good author for sure.

It has always been my story telling point of view, as a Stranger in a Strange land.
The Arctic can, indeed, be very strange.... I dont mind a bit, it's where I fit, though its been long enough 1/2 the kids in town call me 'uncle'' and the rest of everybody calls by my name, and I know all theirs ,too..LOL!!

Im not so 'Strange'' around this village or the Tundra and Seas anymore, but rather 'average', and along for the ride.

Also pretty damn good Iron Maiden song.. I missed the chance to see them in Denver a few yrs back..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mark

Robert Heinlein had some great insights into a lot of aspects of life... Stranger in a Strange Land was incredible in many ways.

I believe he was also the guy that wrote an armed society is a polite society. I know he wrote his feeling that all male children should be raised in a barrel and at the age of 18 a serious decision should be made to either break open the barrel or drive in the bung!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Mark

Robert Heinlein had some great insights into a lot of aspects of life... Stranger in a Strange Land was incredible in many ways.

I believe he was also the guy that wrote an armed society is a polite society. I know he wrote his feeling that all male children should be raised in a barrel and at the age of 18 a serious decision should be made to either break open the barrel or drive in the bung!

You are correct sir.

An armed society is a polite society.
Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/robert_a_heinlein_100989

Last edited by ironbender; 11/23/18. Reason: Format

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, I guess Im thankful the locals aren't in a crux with me leaving and claiming this land as mine.......LOL!!!

Interesting quotes. My personal favorite comes from the Dali Lama; "Happieness is found through responsibility''

After all of yesterdays crowded visiting, food cooking and eating marathon in my front room, the entire house is now all mine as they took off hell bent for leather to Selawik on all and any rides/sleds and basic hitch hiking to beat down some basketball. From what I hear, they are doing just that as I tap keys.

Quiet enough Im reading a book when Im not reading on the internet, and todays course was ''Dividing'' and its companion ''Milling operations on the lathe'' and thats only because I finished my last Ernest Burch authored book on NW AK history.

These ''Holidays'' start to become a headache....

I think I need to build something.......

Last edited by Caribou; 11/23/18.

Big Stick
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Chip

That picture is a favorite of ours, it says a lot, well colored and framed on top of it.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, I guess Im thankful the locals aren't in a crux with me leaving and claiming this land as mine.......LOL!!!

Interesting quotes. My personal favorite comes from the Dali Lama; "Happieness is found through responsibility''

After all of yesterdays crowded visiting, food cooking and eating marathon in my front room, the entire house is now all mine as they took off hell bent for leather to Selawik on all and any rides/sleds and basic hitch hiking to beat down some basketball. From what I hear, they are doing just that as I tap keys.

Quiet enough Im reading a book when Im not reading on the internet, and todays course was ''Dividing'' and its companion ''Milling operations on the lathe'' and thats only because I finished my last Ernest Burch authored book on NW AK history.

These ''Holidays'' start to become a headache....

I think I need to build something.......

I bet you would love making chips in my home rifle building machine shop.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Oh hell, ya!

Whats funny, today, is that the Wife would like that too, as I have emptied my shop,(cleaned and sorted) and piled my ''stuff'' all around, in the house, with my press ending up in my bedroom for the day.......LOL!!!

[Linked Image]

I think gun building would be cool to show , on the show, but the politics of Hollywood are such that 1/2 of the [bleep] we do on the show is a thumb in the eye of most Califoricrat libtards

Big Stick
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Oh hell, ya!

Whats funny, today, is that the Wife would like that too, as I have emptied my shop,(cleaned and sorted) and piled my ''stuff'' all around, in the house, with my press ending up in my bedroom for the day.......LOL!!!

[Linked Image]

I think gun building would be cool to show , on the show, but the politics of Hollywood are such that 1/2 of the [bleep] we do on the show is a thumb in the eye of most Califoricrat libtards

Well, If you and your Family are down this way, We could hide in my shop while the ladies shoot something while we are by ourselves in my shop. My wife ain't a bad shooter.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 59 invisible), 3,144 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.