Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
IMO, it should be a State's rights issue. You really want the feds more involved in your life? I know I don't.

The states are already involved, reciprocity just means that despite their objectives our Constitution remains in force, even in communist held strongholds. I don’t need a permit to go to church or to speak my mind in any of our 50 states and we all know that speech is far more dangerous than any firearm. 😉

Then do away with permits, I'm all for that.

AMEN!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by noKnees
Even if they could get the Rs in line they will never get the cloture vote. Its dead.

This. Getting 60 votes in the Senate to end debate on the bill is not likely to happen.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
What permit..... ? smile

And yes, I'm legal.

Here.

Last edited by las; 11/24/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMO, it should be a State's rights issue. You really want the feds more involved in your life? I know I don't.

If the feds are going to pass laws such as GCA1968 then they need to pass laws such as some state have, in that no one can pass or enforce anything further.
IE no state county or city can pass any more restrictive than federal gun law,
Gun rights are supposedly a God-given federal constitutional RIGHT..
Ain't that about bullchit?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

Full Faith and Credit clause.

WTF does that mean? Make them promise that down the road when the Lieberals take over again that they won't [bleep] with it? That they won't pull a California and mandate what you can carry and the capacity? Drop tests and all that other BS? Who's going to regulate the fees?
GMAFB!

Whoa. Sorry if I offended. All I'm saying, as a complete non-lawyer, is that I think the CCW licenses should be covered under the FFC clause just as are drivers licenses.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steve, when someone shows their ass, there's no need to apologize.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I think it's a Constitutional issue:

Section 1.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Pretty much have reciprocity with the states I want to visit.

My thoughts exactly.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by slumlord
Pretty much have reciprocity with the states I want to visit.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd like to see a few more added.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I just got a call from the NRA asking for help in getting the Senate to push this bill into law within 2 weeks before Pelosi starts working her Pom-poms and lies to prevent it...Thoughts from members if it will get voted on? 😎

Trying to understand what Pelosi has to do with the Senate?

NRA looking for donations?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Shouldn't be ANYBODY'S issue; states or feds...

The 2A is pretty succinct. And the states - along with the feds - are determined to undermine and "infringe" on us via the 2A every minute of every day..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by ironbender

Of course it is. That's what it's always about. If the NRA wanted it passed, they had the last 2 years to do it. Pelosi is the bogeyman so they throw her name in there even though she's in the House, not the Senate, because too many dumphucks don't know the difference.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by ironbender

Of course it is. That's what it's always about. If the NRA wanted it passed, they had the last 2 years to do it. Pelosi is the bogeyman so they throw her name in there even though she's in the House, not the Senate, because too many dumphucks don't know the difference.

First its about donations. But its about the new congress too. They have until the new congress is seated to pass the bill in the Senate. Once the new congress is seated and Pelosi takes over, the house would need to pass it again, which doubles the bar. Until the new congress is seated there is a 1% chance this could pass ( probably as a amendment to some other bill). Once Dems have the house its a 100% no go.

While I agree that it would be great if everyone would realize that the right to protect ones self was natural right and all states would support it. or failing that the SCOTUS affirms that the right to carry in a state of residence should be given full faith and credit in other states, it doesn't look like either of these things will happen anytime soon.

The argument that having the feds grant reciprocity allows them to regulate it, is a bogus argument. Congress could pass at anytime a law regulating carry or any other aspect of gun ownership. Congresses limitation to pass such regulation isn't precedent, its simply the desire to do so, the political expediency of doing so and the votes to do so. They have proven this many times already- NFA, GCA68, assault weapons ban and many others.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And they need to pass the Hearing Protection Act before the Dems take over......

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (257 roberts, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 17 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,699
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.