-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I went hunting this week, I had a great time. I went down Saturday to start the place up and ran into issues like always. We fired the place up but found that the drain valve on the hot water heater was spraying out around the stem. A plastic valve that there was no fixing. I robbed one off an old tank we had and found it was plastic too. But it sealed and that's all that counts. I made a note to buy a new one for spring, a brass or steel one.

One of the refrigerators went out, again a very old one, so what we did was lay it on its back and put bags of ice in it, used it like a big ice chest.

So that was Saturday and we spent the last part of the evening watching movies. That was Colton an me, the other guys didn't come until Sunday.

We had lost the light in the front,a late 70's vintage florescent. I bought a pair of flood lights, associated plastic boxes and conduit and an electric eye. I did that Sunday.

Monday morning at 4:45 am I woke up and made breakfast for the crew of 6. Sausage, eggs, biscuits. It was raining and I do not hunt in the rain. With what I have going on I do not need to get wet and sick. I went out Monday afternoon to look at a new area and then sit on a place I know. I was getting cold so I walked out just before dark.

So Monday evening I started dinner. BBQ pork chops, baked potatoes and green beans. It got delayed, 15 year old Colton killed a 10 point buck with a 21-1/2" inside spread. I gotta tell you, seeing that made my trip. Seriously, nothing could top that not even killing one of my own. Then we stayed up and watched the new Papillon which was a great movie, every bit as good as the original 1973 movie.

Last night cold and snow came in. I woke up this morning (Tuesday) with every joint in my body hurting. I noticed that one of my knuckles swelled up again so I knew that was coming. I struggled to load my truck and then I came home. I had to move around some when I got home, then I struggled to unload my truck.

But I had a great time!! I've come to the point of not really caring if I kill a deer, or even actually hunt much. Just being there with my friends.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Since i had my stomach operation in August i had a flair-up and it tore up my hands,big toe ball joint,right ankle and my left shoulder.

I had a appointment with my pain doctor and asked him what i could do/try to make it not hurt so darn much.

He wrote this down on the report of my right hand x-ray.

Said to just take one pill a day with lunch.
It took a few days for the ankle swelling to go down but the use of the hands was better the next day and got better and better.
Don't get me wrong i still have joints in my hands that have bone growth but i can use my hands now.

We ordered it of Amazon and it cost about 21 bucks for 60 pills.

It is the same dose that he wrote down:Tumeric/Curcumin,sold by Vimerson Health

Their directions say take 2 pills a day but for starters i would try one.
My Wife works at a library and is on her feet a lot.
Lately she has had to stop for a minute when getting up to help folks because of her knees.

She tried it and it took about 3 days before she noticed that she did not have to wait for her knee to get right.

It does not cost much so it might be worth a try.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Sorry to hear of your difficulties. I'm not in as bad shape, just fat and old. I am however, at the same stage of hunting, its a lot more exciting to see the young guys get in some action. This fall was pretty good in that my son got a decent 1 1/2 year old buck, nothing huge, but we aren't antler people. We hunt with the neighbors who happen to be relatives. I myself have doing it this way for 40 years, my dad, and his dad all did it the same. Back in the 30's and 40's they would walk back and forth, most times carrying a rifle. If one shot a deer (Season? hell they ate everything they shot, my wife claims she was 16 before she figured out you could gut a deer in the daylight) the others helped butcher it. Its pretty great to see the next generation get excited about deer hunting. This land has been in the family since the 1880's. Some has been sold off during the lean times. but enough remains to allow us to have a great hunt. There's a lot more to 'deer hunting' than shooting deer. Anybody can shoot a deer. Not many people can keep a family together for 130 years.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sounds like u just need some good whiskey and stay T the house.

Fück Joe byron
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hoping you drop a b i g ole buck.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
A deer pic would be nice.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s nice to hunt with good people!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,920 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.