-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well damn, I thought they weren't going to make it stateside. Pretty cool. Are the mounting holes the same as a T3?

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 16bore
Well damn, I thought they weren't going to make it stateside. Pretty cool. Are the mounting holes the same as a T3?

They look to be. Your dad’s milled Talleys would fit north/south, but the T1x dovetail is only 11mm, so the mounts stick out east/west. That’s why I went squeezy dovetails, which I do not prefer.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotcha. I reckon that's the typical rimfire dovetail, which I reckon makes sense.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 16bore
Gotcha. I reckon that's the typical rimfire dovetail, which I reckon makes sense.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks for the accuracy report Pharm. Looks to be on par with some savage 93R17, A17 and RAR rimfires (that I've seen) in the accuracy department.. Cool that Tikka finally brought out a rimfire. How's the trigger on these Tikka rimfire rifles?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ask the nutria I killed this afternoon. 90 yards.

The trigger is adjustable, just like the T3. I turned mine down to around 2 lbs, perfect, crisp.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Per this thread, I got in line for a 22 cal suppressor.

Now just need Tikka to bring over the 22 rimfire.

Might be 6-9 months for both.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I made a mistake of buying a RAR ...that will be taken care of shortly

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you shot the RAR? They tend to shoot pretty well, and have a nice flush fitting magazine, a ball point pen spring will make that trigger sweet.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I am not familiar with Tikka,. Can some one explain the trigger adjustments. The weight of pull, of course. How low will that go? And if it limits me, is spring swap a feasable option or am I design/safety limited to the minimum level.

Is there a 2nd adjustment for the sear engagement? Over travel , pre travel or anything else. Can I do a psudo 2 stage?

I am not expecting anything or preparing a bitch. Just asking what it has.

Are the aftermarket tikka CF triggers a drop in with the RF rifle. Here I am assuming aftermarket support.

I never owned a Tikka and need a little more review than the average reader.

Last edited by fourbore; 11/28/18.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remove mag box, insert Allen wrench, adjust. Load, shoot, repeat.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 65BR
Have you shot the RAR? They tend to shoot pretty well, and have a nice flush fitting magazine, a ball point pen spring will make that trigger sweet.

I have the trigger adjusted, the accuracy compared to CZ 452 and 455 is dismal to pathetic. I have tried two scopes , different ammo and it is ridiculously bad. I might end up just trading it to a gunshop just to get rid of it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I have the trigger adjusted, the accuracy compared to CZ 452 and 455 is dismal to pathetic. I have tried two scopes , different ammo and it is ridiculously bad. I might end up just trading it to a gunshop just to get rid of it.

You need to call Ruger and send it to them. They made it , let them.make it right. You will be doing them a favor.The only way their product consistency will improve is if they have to fix them..

The RAR .22LR sporter I had when shot litterally side by side with a very accurate 2016 CZ452 was so close in terms of grouping most folks here would not tell them apart.

Litterally 1/8" separated the overall group averages at 50 yards and many loads shot identically. My Ruger liked CCI mini Mags

What caliber was yoir RAR chambered in?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Found a .22 at Sportsman’s , it shoots very well.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jk16
You need to call Ruger and send it to them. They made it , let them.make it right. You will be doing them a favor.The only way their product consistency will improve is if they have to fix them..

The RAR .22LR sporter I had when shot litterally side by side with a very accurate 2016 CZ452 was so close in terms of grouping most folks here would not tell them apart.

Litterally 1/8" separated the overall group averages at 50 yards and many loads shot identically. My Ruger liked CCI mini Mags

That is really good advice. Ruger will be real anxious to make it right for you.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Barbarosa
Found a .22 at Sportsman’s , it shoots very well.

Tikka?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by fourbore
I am not familiar with Tikka,. Can some one explain the trigger adjustments. The weight of pull, of course. How low will that go? And if it limits me, is spring swap a feasable option or am I design/safety limited to the minimum level.

Is there a 2nd adjustment for the sear engagement? Over travel , pre travel or anything else. Can I do a psudo 2 stage?

I am not expecting anything or preparing a bitch. Just asking what it has.

Are the aftermarket tikka CF triggers a drop in with the RF rifle. Here I am assuming aftermarket support.

I never owned a Tikka and need a little more review than the average reader.

I've never done anything beyond the factory adjustment however MT Tactical sells a spring replacement if you want to go below 2#'s. This is with T3's, my understanding is the t1 uses the same trigger group.

Last edited by InternetGuru; 11/29/18.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

That is really good advice. Ruger will be real anxious to make it right for you.

Same here with their preferred ammo very little difference in accuracy. CZ 452 is about 15 years old RAR is 3 years old

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I know they are good at backing their products, this one is a dog. I might end up doing that

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

.22 LR

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.