-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just heard FEMA will only help if the building is condemned. For seniors seeking help, contact ADRC (aging and disability resource center)

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Just heard FEMA will only help if the building is condemned. For seniors seeking help, contact ADRC (aging and disability resource center)
. There ya go. Not like you also need help if not condemned.

And what we saw here quite often, if you work, have insurance, and are responsible, yet insurance etc... just doesn't quite cover the loss, don't even think about asking.

But if you are on assistance, sit on your azz and are possibly illegal alien on top of it, we'll house you, give you money and even maybe replace your shack with something brand spanking new... At least thats what I got out of having to deal with them.

I let my FEMA certs expire after that fiasco.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dealt with FEMA when we lived in MS and went through Hurricane Katrina, we lost a lot of stuff, but since it was a rental FEMA denied me anything. We did get a loan from AF Assistance Fund, and then they forgave us for the loan. That was a huge help as it got the wife and kids into an apartment. I had a former troop that moved to FL and they lost their house in the recent hurricane, and FEMA denied them coverage saying he made too much as an NCO to qualify. The wife has already started replacing items in the house and is keeping receipts. I think my garage heater bit the dust though, so I've got to get (rather the wife does) someone to look at it soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in the shower when it hit, I will never look at showers the same way again. We had so much glass and pottery break that I was able to fill a 55 gal garbage can about 3/4's of the way, my shoulder mount Brooks ram fell about 10-11 feet but sustained no damage. I also had a European mounted Dall ram do a complete 180 on it's pedestal but my European mount moose, elk and another ram stayed hung on the walls. Have a crack in the floor in my garage and another in our driveway, the door going from the house to the garage is tweaked and there are places in the walls where the nails started coming out.

Considering how massive this quake was I consider myself lucky that we didn't lose our house or that nobody was injured. It will be a while before we get over this one.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty good aftershock about 10 minutes ago... still plenty rumbling through every day.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Pretty good aftershock about 10 minutes ago... still plenty rumbling through every day.
They are saying this could go on for a month or longer, I hope to god they are wrong.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I hear you sleeping on couch with dog all night got woke 3 times, really good on the last one, they said it was a 4.7 at 700 am I`m so exhausted I starting to feel like I`m getting ptsd. I know the dog has it already .

Last edited by aaron10; 12/04/18. Reason: info update
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
They are saying this could go on for a month or longer, I hope to god they are wrong.

I look at them as good things, relieving stress...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was planning to come down an loot u guys ....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Didn't you and Walker already do that?

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Saying they could go on for a month is just to help settle people's minds. They probably will drop right off soon.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by atvalaska

We ain't much to loot at...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Saying they could go on for a month is just to help settle people's minds. They probably will drop right off soon.

Quakes will steadily decrease in magnitude and frequency.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender

Quakes will steadily decrease in magnitude and frequency.

Or not. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ain't living here a joy? Well, yeah, mostly. Not so much lately.

Fooking freezing rain down here on the roads also.... Bought chains for the Ram yesterday, as it isn't wearing winter tires. And the wife's new Expedition with studded tires is in the body shop while she is in Montana for a week. We won't talk about WHY it is in the body shop, but it wasn't me! smile.

At $140, the chains were half the cost of one tire, and likely won't be used much, but if it is necessary, I have them. My two 20 year old - one set never used - highly aggresive sets were for 16's and neither quite fit, tho with a little rope, one got me the 4 miles out to the sanded highway yesterday. I chained up the front, and one of the chains even made it all the way! The other almost... close enough! I have to get one set to my Fbks son, who hasethe old Expedition, the other fits my '90 Chev 3500.

Roads were mostly sanded by the time I came home, except for 100 yards of my driveway, so I didn't have to chain up for that. I just followed my chain-chewed tracks back to the garage .

I should go see if those new chains actually fit.....but I'm slacking with a sprained wrist. If'n I was still drinking, at least I'd have something to do. My drinking hand is still good, just out of practice..... smile. Picture to follow.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by las; 12/04/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
And more freezing rain forecast for today!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, hell, Watch - fill is easy. Ice takes spring.... smile

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Here's a video from inside my oldest boys school during the shaker. They didn't waste any time getting under the desks!

Last edited by Ptarmigan; 12/04/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cable the front double or triple rail the rear.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 69 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.